Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

I'm so sorry to hear you have an infection and have suffered another dislocation. You have been through so much. Sending best wishes and God willing this surgeon will be able to help you through this. :prayer:
 
@dnordo220 Oooh, good to know, thank you! Thank you all.

It's 1:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. I don't want to sleep so a I'm drinking coffee, leaving the light on and asked to have my door kept open. Even though I still had some issues physically I was finally feeling comfortable in my home, surrounded by my favorite things and looking forward to enjoying the holidays. I had taken out my crafts stuff for each upcoming holiday and I felt rejuvenated. This wasn't exactly how I thought my life would be, but I have a great dog and taking it one day at a time.

Now I'm back in a strange bed, in a strange room with strangers poking me and I'm peeing in bed pans again. As much as I trust my dr I can't help feeling like I'm freefalling again. When I fall asleep here in the hospital with the lights off and then wake up...like I do all night long....I panic not knowing where I am.

So the lights and TV stay on and I just finished another cup of coffee.
 
Hi Danelady, sorry to hear you are still having problems, you have been through the mill. I am three years down the line and still having problems after surgery on my hip. Knee keeps collapsing and still in pain with thigh muscle and leg feeling weak. I was referred back to physio in April to concentrate on the knee problem, just had appointment physio has now suggested it could be hardware problem. Referring me back to surgeon, oh no :oyvey: the only way is up, keep smiling we will get there x
 
I am so glad that you have a great surgeon this go round! Leave the lights and television on if it helps you! While you are there, sleep as you are able. If daytime sleeping works better sleep during the daytime. I am home but I am still leaving a lamp on at night so I can see better. I don’t want to bump anything. Let the nurses take care of you. My sister said that you can amend your medical records to show that you were following doctor’s orders the previous time if that bothers you. BonesSmart is always awake. Reading other posts or sharing your thoughts can make a sleepless night much better. Hang in there and keep us updated!
 
Aww danelady...it's hard to read this without eyes welling up and feeling a lump in your throat. I can only imagine your fear and anxiety given the familiarity of the process. I know you're sick and tired of it all, but someone will get this right, your body can heal and you can thrive. I just worry / wonder if you have the right medical professionals on board to help you out of this nightmare and get you on the road to a recovery that brings perfect healing. Hopefully, Jamie, is able to gather some information on your surgeon.
I am so sorry you are in this position once again. :console2:
Sending love, hugs and lifting you in prayer this morning. :prayer:
@danelady
 
Good luck with surgery and glad you feel more confident of your surgeon this time. They are mostly incredibly knowledgeable but some have a bit of arrogance swirling about. Must have to do with playing God.

Best outcome to you!!
 
So glad to hear you have a better relationship with Dr. Smith now. I took a look at information out on the web and liked what I saw. He has a current grant from the Department of Defense to explore using 3D printed bone scaffolds and stem therapy for large bone defects that looked interesting. You might ask him about this and see if it has any application to your case. It would appear this is a step up from Dr. Skippy.
 
Oh Layla and mature mama, thank you so much.

@Jamie
Wow, Jamie, you know how to dig. Thank you for going the extra mile for me, I truly appreciate it. It also makes me feel much, much better that this time he's the one holding the knife. I can't wait to see if he'll share any more info....if he can.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
 
@Jamie
This was the cast that was made of my damaged hip by Zimmer Biomet which was used to make the new acetabular component. I wonder if that was thru the new project he's working on. Unfortunately I started dislocating right afterwards.
Last night he completely took removed that part and made sure all the hardware was out too. Said he was going into every little pinpoint to help get rid of the infection. I totally trust what this dr has planned for me. He doesn't seem to be reaching for his words like the other one, I can see he knows his stuff. He told me he can get me up and going again BUT it's probably my last chance for the result I'm hoping for.

The Dr who checks my blood everyday says my organs are all doing fine. He is also a hospitalist, he didn't want to do the whole office thing. That's probably why he's so happy, lol.
I'm strong, I want this...bad.
Thank you again, Jamie.
[Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…
 
@dnordo220
Thanks! I know, it was so wild to see! You should have seen the 3-d hip brace made for me. It was HORRIBLE! I think I sent in a pic of me wearing it but I can't find it. It was a hard plastic suit of freaking Armour! It went up my chest, down to my butt then had a metal bar extending down my thigh holding more Armour. I was supposed to wear this evil piece of torture 24hrs a day. It was obviously invented back in the Middle Ages! I wore it for the 50mi ride back home, threw it in the closet and never wore it again. I took it out recently because I remember thinking it would make a great Halloween decoration because it's scary looking, lol. I can paint orange skulls on it and stick a skeleton in it, lol. Maybe next year...

I paid $375. US dollars out of my pocket for that monstrosity. Ucch...
 
I told the staff to leave the bathroom lights on with the door open and not to close the blinds. I didn't want to be in total darkness in unfamiliar surroundings.

Being here is no better place to be....sending you healing vibes and wishing you well.
 
@Goma
Thank you! Oh yes! No closed doors and blinds must be open! I have no view from this room but after tomorrow's surgery I head back to the skilled nursing facility up on the 3rd floor. Rooms on one side have views of the Santa Catalina Mtns which are practically across the street. I don't know what's on the other side, but the desert would be just fine too!
Once again, I appreciate your good vibes and kind words.
 
Yes! I just read it and it makes me happy. I feel very hopeful for you after reading more about this surgeon.
Keep us posted. We're here for you all the way!
@danelady
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom