This is wonderful news!!! It does sound like your time in the rehab center was a good idea to give you a head start on your recovery. Now (she says, wagging her finger).....once you get home, don't go getting crazy on us! You will be healing for some time. Your body has been through SO MUCH. Please take things easy and gradually increase your activity levels over weeks and months....not days. You'll get the best result by doing that. Accept some help from you friends and neighbors at least some of the time, especially with errands.
If you are driving a distance every day, that is your activity. You shouldn't do much else while you're back home. If you can get groceries delivered or at least order items for pickup, that would help. You will start feeling better with some rest and the temptation will be great to try and normalize your life again. Please resist and allow yourself to recover slowly. I know you can do this!!! Sending hugs.....
Hi everybody!!!! So here's the plan. The admin of this place and all the caseworker worked double time to figure a way to get me home. See at first I was afraid to even TOUCH this picc line so that's all they knew, but for 2 weeks I've been watching how they do it and it's doable! They found a company here with nurses who WILL drive up to my deserted little town every couple of days! Today they are sending a nurse to train me how to do it and if I can swing it I go home either today or tomorrow. Then once a week I can drive in to get the dressing changed and they can also remove the picc line.
At home I will get the infusion every 12 hours instead of every 24 hrs like they've been doing here. I am going be very careful and take it slow. I was told my red blood cells are slowly building back up again but I guess it take a few months and they said I am heading in the right direction. Everything else is GREAT! Plus, I am finally walking again! I only wore my slippers when I first came here last month so going home and putting on a pair of shoes with good support will make it even easier to get around.
Love you all!!!
@danelady I dont know if you remember but my job is to put in PICC lines. I also take care of them so if you have any questions you can ask me as well. Are you on the vacuum balls or the pump? People are always worried to take care of them but once they are taught they think it is so easy. I am so happy you get to go home. It will be so wonderful! I am so happy you are on the road to full recovery!
It sounds like things are falling into place, @danelady. I'm so glad to read your upbeat posts. I know you'll be so happy to get back home again and I think you have a good plan to continue to take things slow and steady as you complete your recovery.
I AM HOME! @lanstan It is the bulb type. A nurse came in and showed me how to do it and I administered it to myself. Piece of cake! 2 more weeks and if my levels are back where they belong I'll be off the IV and on the oral.
It's like being released from prison!
Love you all.....time for me to zzzz zzzz.
There's no place like home!
I hope you're settling into a routine comfortably now that you're in your own space. Get lots of rest and behave! @danelady
Oh my! A lot has happened since my last check in.. you are home! I feel like a worried mother leaving her daughter at a college campus. I'm happy you are free of the rehab but also worried for you!
Don't try to be a heroine and do everything yourself!
Please ask for help when needed.
So happy you are finally getting things resolved.
Loved seeing your photo. You are lookin goooooood.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.