Guest viewing is limited

TKR Coming along<<

I can only do what I could do and I will not risk hurting myself.
Exactly! Please do not feel pushed to do anything that might jeopardise all your recovery work. Easy does it and like Jockette says - ask for help if you need it.
 
@Jockette
I have a previous diagnosis of PTSD.
I believe that is what got triggered by the surgery. I understand your fear, and it's not irrational to not want someone to cause you pain.
I dont know how yet, but I will get through this. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get through a days work with a stiff knee. We shall see what happens tommorow. Thanks for your caring response.
 
@Elad1002 So sorry to see you are having bit of rough go of it right now.

I like to employ a thought process I call "Eating the Elephant One Bite at a Time" when I feel overwhelmed by my circumstances. Sometimes when we have multiple major issues in our lives, it can be difficult to know which way to turn and what to do. This can make things seem too big to tackle and overwhelm our decision making process... this can result in "analysis paralysis".

Try to break each of the items down to smaller decisions... make a decision on one and then move on to the next one. Try not to worry too much if the decision is "the perfect decision"... as often.. there is really never a perfect decision. It's often the combination of many factors that represents a reasonable compromise.

I wish you the best and do believe that you will overcome your anxiety and move forward just fine.... hang in there and Best of Luck!
 
Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get through a days work with a stiff knee.
Is there a place at your work where you can store some ice packs? If not, I found another option was those instant ice packs they sell for first aid kits. I bought a whole box of them and used them on long trips or when I knew I didn't have access to a freezer.

You will get through this @Elad1002 . One day at a time - if that's too much moment to moment.
 
JDinCT
Thank you for your caring response. I like the idea of Eating the elephant one bite at a time, I will remember that tommorow. JD -Do you live in Connecticut as your thread name indicates? I am from CT as well.
Right now I am thinking that I only have to get through one day...
Thanks
Dale
 
I know it feels like forever since your surgery but you're really only around 3 months out. Healing is still taking place. If massaging your scar area doesn't make it hurt, that's ok. I know I felt like the area just above my knee cap was "harder"? (not sure how to describe it) for several months. It did gradually improve. All part of the healing process, I think. I did massage it--not super hard--not sure if it did anything for healing,but it made me feel better. :)
 
First day back to work today, let's see how this goes. I have a few stairs and though I can go up normally I still can not walk down foot over foot without severe pain going through my knee. Anyone else have this? Any hints or does it take time?
 
Stairs take time, sometimes months.

Have a good day today! I’ll be thinking of you.
 
@Elad1002 Good morning!.... You got this!... one bite at a time...:thumb:

Yes... I do live in CT... near New Haven....

Looks like you have a great weather day to return to work... going to be sunny and mild temps all week.... I would take that as the first good sign everything will work out..:yes!:
 
Hope today is a positive experience for you. One small step at a time :console2:
 
First day back at work went really well. I worked 6 hours, got a lot of walking in, thank goodness for compression stockings. I felt productive and useful for the first time in so long. So many asked me how I felt. Just smiled and said, "I'm coming along" ...it was a good day.
 
I'm so glad your first day back at work went well.

It sounds as if you have a supportive set of colleagues.
 
@Celle
Thank you. Yes, much support from staff today. It was great to be back. I have to admit, I have this strange feeling having a new knee. It definitely does not feel like it's part of my body, does that change over time?
 
Yes, as time goes by your knee will gradually start to feel like part of you. How long that takes differs from person to person, but it will happen.
 
@Elad1002 Glad to hear today went great!.... Congrats! :yay:

You're right around the corner from me.... Oxford, CT ...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom