TKR Coming along<<

@Celle
Right, I understand that Zoloft is an antidepressant, but there are interactions with NSAIDS including Celebrex and Zoloft.
Acetaminophen doesnt seem to help with this particular pain and ice doesnt seem.to help either. I will continue to do what I have been doing and hope for the best. I was pain free for awhile before this, so it is frustrating. Thanks .

My advice would be to stop taking the Celebrex, but continue the Zoloft.

@Elad1002, other than the taping (which I hope you are leaving on for at least a few days at a time / you should be able to shower with it on), between taping sessions, I applied Icy Hot to the area. Just be sure you have no open sores areas along the incision. I found it helped to relax the right tendons and ligaments.

@NavyGunns
My pain is located in the front of my knee, not on the side. It is under the patella on the joint line. It feels sore and especially hurts when I walk. Its like a sore rubbing feeling. I'm icing and elevating and yes, keeping the tape on. My PT will retape me on Friday and is giving me tape shoukd it come loose. I actually just ordered some kinesio tape from Amazon.

Sounds very similar to what I experienced early in my recovery. I’d have to go back and reread my post, but it might have been in the same timeframe. All gone now.

What color tape did you get? Mine is shocking pink! Remember that color from the 70’s? Ha, those were the days!
I was pain free for awhile before this, so it is frustrating
Are you doing exercises? They could be what's hurting your knee. What else might be different just before this pain started? Sometimes we can’t find a cause, but if we can, then we can try to eliminate it.

@Jockette
I havent been doing any formal exercises other than a few leg lifts a day and squeezing the quads, this is nothing new. The only thing I've done different lately is walk more because I'm working. There is no way around it. Tommorow I work an 8 hour day. I'm bringing my ice pack. I go to PT for gait training and for massage, no exercises.

I have a cold now and notice that when my physical health is compromised at all, my spirit takes a nosedive. And then we're left with "one day at a time." Eventually things resolve, and they will for you too.

@ebungalow
Good Morning. I read a recent post of yours where you think you are having patellar tendon pain. I think I am as well or its Hoffas syndrome. Just wondering what your symptoms are. Also, I am intrigued to know what type of stretching and exercises you are now doing with PT. Sounds like your recovery is going well. Thanks for your suggestion about the compression stockings, that has really made a difference.

@maryo52
Thank you so much for your kind words. This has been such a trying time for me. It's hard to explain to anyone the emotional impact this surgery has had on me. My pain decided the surgery was a good idea, my brain hadn't fully processed the decision til after the surgery. I've always been a sensitive person who feels things too deeply. It was traumatic and it's been hard. I appreciate your kindness.

. I've always been a sensitive person who feels things too deeply. It was traumatic and it's been hard
I am very sensitive that way also. It’s very hard to deal with. I found my recovery very difficult, and at times traumatic. Other people look at me and think, what’s the big deal. But to me it was a big deal!

@Elad1002

Hi Dale - I answered the patellar tendon question just now on my thread.

So glad you’re liking the compression stockings! I’m still wearing them and think they make a huge difference in swelling and fatigue.

It sounds like you really are coming along. I’ve been having the odd pain here and there in the new knee and also in the 15-month old knee.

I think I know that they’re just healing/growing pains caused by the surgery, of course, and also caused by my body moving in new ways (gait, etc).

Been having a case of the blues - we have long winters and feeling so physically compromised because of the surgery makes it worse.

I’ve added CBD oil and believe it’s really helping. It’s definitely helping with sleep which has been a huge issue. I’m not a good sleeper anyway, and this additional stress has made it worse. I’ve also been taking 3 mg of melatonin at night with the CBD. Amazing.

Hope I’m not being too chatty about myself on your thread :)

It sounds like you’re doing better and I’m so glad for you!

Yesterday was warm and sunny here in Connecticut so I decided to go for a 15 minute walk in a flat parking lot near where I work. Nice walk, could definitely feel that my leg needed strengthening, as it felt weak. I walked at a moderate pace with no pain at all. I did a few more errands afterward, still felt fine. Late last night after sitting with elevated and iced knee for a few hours, I got up expecting to still feel well...I had pain tenderness and a great deal of swelling. I took some Tylenol and went to bed. Woke up feeling a little achey this morning. I believe I have patella tendonitis and maybe even some issues with the bursa after looking at the charts. I'm resigned to icing and elevating today..and will try that walk again, maybe 10 minutes this time. I'm 4 mos po, thought I'd be at a better place by now!

@Elad1002, in reality, despite what you were expecting, you are actually doing okay. Yes, some seem to progress better, faster, but as you are aware if you read other member posts, many are not doing quite as well as you. Recovery is very individualistic, meaning everyone’s recovery is unique. The doctors and PTs speak in terms of averages. What they don’t tell us are the upper and lower extremes. Why? Because it’s irrelevant to your individual recovery! Look at what you are able to accomplish now compared to 4 weeks ago! Then think about what you might be able to accomplish in another 4 weeks. Use that to set mini goals. Yesterday was 15 min walk. In a couple of days, try again. If all is well, then shoot for 20 mins, then 25, then 30-45, etc. Before you know it, you won’t even be paying attention to how long or how far you’ve walked. You won’t care anymore.

Oh btw, love the new thread title! Very fitting and describes how you are doing to a “T”.

As you say, it is possible you have some tendonitis going. It really doesn't take much to aggravate the knee and surrounding tissues in the early months. It's possible that though you don't think you're doing much, with being back at work you are doing more than you think.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Mojo333
    Staff member since August 15, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back