TKR Coming along<<

@Elad1002, now you know you have nothing to worry about. Now it’s time to focus your attention on getting back to normal life and getting back to work will help.
 
@NavyGunns
Thank you. This worry wart always finds something to worry about but I cant tell you how relieved I am. Yes, time to focus on getting my life back, which includes work. I can only imagine that the reduction in stress will help my body to heal. Thanks for all your support!
 
This is great news! I hope returning to work with help you as much as it has me. It is tiring for sure but it has most definitely help take my focus off my knee and hence all the related depression I was feeling. I can say that I am back to my old self. No more crying spells and forward progress.
 
@donnag1108
I am thrilled for you. There's nothing worse than that dark depression. So you have your life back!! I am going back to a few problems, as I've been informed but will have to take it one day at a time. In my absence, 2 employees put in their notice for various reasons and I have to start the hiring process right away- because am the Dept Manager, I am expected to fill in until we are full staffed. That could mean very long days. I have a doctor note to cover me for 20 hours a week until April though. Somehow it will work out.
Dale
 
So does the knee feel less invasive eventually? Do you get used to it?
My knees feel totally normal. They never felt foreign, but they definitely went through a long healing process. Luckily my OS prepared me for that.
 
@NavyGunns
I noticed that you experienced Hoffas syndrome in your recovery. May I ask you how you treated it and if it went away? My doc told me that is what I am experiencing with pinching pain under kneecap at times. He also said that as my leg strengthens and inflammation reduces it may resolve. I'm 14 weeks out so have a ways to go.
 
@Elad1002, during the latter weeks of my PT sessions, my therapist showed me some taping techniques using kinesiology tape that seemed to help stabilize my kneecap and take pressure off my IT band. Following conclusion of my pt sessions, I applied the tape myself. It would normally last 3 days or so, including showers. Other than that, I didn’t do anything else in particular. Eventually, all resolved in due time.
 
@NavyGunns
Thanks! Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, were you getting a pinching below your kneecap, aka fat pad impingement?
 
That was the sensation. Josephine was the one who felt it was Hoffas, I never went to my OS. My PT wasn’t sure, but regardless, felt that stabilizing the kneecap while swelling continued to go down and ligaments stabilized and got stronger, all would fix itself. Which it did.
 
@NavyGunns
I'm glad it resolved. My doc thought that with reduced swelling and as knee strengthens, it would resolve. I go to PT tommorow, and will accept the taping that she offered last week
when I mentioned the pinching. I only refused because I was off to another doc appointment. Thanks once again!
 
I start work on Monday, 20 hours until April, then will resume 40 hours.
This is wonderful for you and this staged return is right in line with what your knee will need. What good news!
 
Has anyone experienced knee cap pain on surgical knee when descending stairs.?
 
@sistersinhim
I wasn't aware that is where you would feel pain when walking downstairs, guess I'm not ready.
My dog pulled on his leash today and knocked me down, fortunately I fell on the nonsurgical knee and my but with the new knee folded in front if me. I think I increased my ROM.
 
I’m sorry you fell. We call those incidents Manipulation WithOUT Anesthesia! Rest up extra tonight.

I had aches and pains all over, here today, gone tomorrow, somewhere else the next day.

This recovery can be very persnickety. Eventually it will settle in and behave itself.
 
@traceys
I re-read your post where you mentioned that you had anxiety and OCD. You also mentioned that you reached out to your doctor, so I am wondering what type of support you are getting to deal with it. Are you taking medication for anxiety? It helps to hear from people who share the same symptoms.
My knee is still swollen so it has not felt normal to me yet. It feels tight and like the knee is too big. I asked my doctor if the knee could possibly be too big and he said they use computer mapping to measure for size and that wouldn't be likely. I asked because it is not a custom or gender specific knee. So I believe the unnatural feeling is due to internal swelling. At times my lower leg swells too.
Hope this finds you healing and feeling better.
 
@Elad1002,

We’ve spoken about the anxiety before so you will understand my new concern. I had my ingrown toenail partially removed 11 days ago. The podiatrist assured me it was not infected. Procedure went just fine, however, I am checking it constantly for redness, drainage, etc. Saw my PCP 2 days ago and she assured me there was no infection. But my anxiety is making that toe feel huge. I know it’s my mind causing me to magnify what I feel. I know you will get this post in a way that people without anxiety will not.
 
@gia2cats
I ABSOLUTELY understand how you feel. Those automatic negative thoughts can be so overwhelming. It can be all consuming, and each time you have the thought, the anxiety builds and builds until its unbearable. I started taking Zoloft and after 3 weeks it is starting to kick.in, not feeling the intensity of my anxiety or depression, thank God. I hope you find a way to relax. Self talk may help. Blessings.
 
So for the past week or so, I have kneecap pain. Its annoying because everything else seems to be settling down. Anyone else have knee cap pain at 15 weeks?
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom