THR Cocoon to moth

@CricketHip So sorry that your wallet got stolen. That's terrible. And it is a pain to have to call all your credit cards in, but that's the only way to shut them off. I never had mine stolen, but we had one used down south apparently by a trucker twice. Don't k ow how he got it, but we were not held responsible, thank goodness.:console2:
 
Good morning, @Cecropia, I hope your weekend is starting out well for you, and that maybe something fun planned for today. I can't imagine an exercise regimen involving a trampoline, but if it works--I'm all for that. It is interesting to read about the various things folks do to manage their health issues, current or prospective. I am just longing to be healed well enough that I'll be allowed back on a piece of cardio equipment, even if just for a few minutes. I remember being allowed to walk, no incline and the slowest speed, on a treadmill after my first surgery--I had a huge grin on my face the entire time, it was just a teeny tiny step to getting back to me, which always feels buried and suppressed (who is the weak, weepy and struggling person?!) So, I say--roll on! Hope you get out into your garden today.
 
@Barbaraj It won't be long you'll be on a piece of cardio equipment again. I felt the same way you do, wanting to get on my elliptical after surgery and thinking it was so far from my reach, but how good it would feel to work out on it even just walking slow. I have one and it was torture to hobble past it every day and not be able to use it. Now only 10-15min walking very slow, no incline and not every day.

My backyard is caught up. Worked all week in the mornings trimming shrubs, edging evergreen groundcover, hoeing, pulling weeds, and what not.
It felt good to get things back in order, but I do now have a sore butt muscle on my surgery side from all the repetitive bending.:groan:
Apparantly it's the muscle my OS separated to go through the middle to get to the hip joint. It now stiffens up while I'm sleeping, and is painful in the morning, but walking loosens it up again. I accept my punishment as I knew I was pushing it, but oh how nice to know my yardwork is back to my expectations.
No plans for the weekend, just chilling and doing some housework...
You know a women's work is never done....:tiredwheel:
 
I'll bet having your yard back the way you like it feels good. I hope any discomfort you have as a result of gardening eases soon. Wishing you a Happy Two Month Anniversary, on the eve of.
Have a great Sunday!
@Cecropia
 
Well, I couldn't manage any garden/yard work yet, @Cecropia, but I confess every day I look longingly outside into our backyard and mentally review all the weeding that is building up day by day that I can't get to for some time yet. I'd love to get out and do that, or even just pick up debris, but I know that would totally be pushing my luck and I'd be very sorry later on. So, for now, I try to avert my eyes from the weeding area and instead focus on the vibrant shrubs growing out there. Despite the discomfort afterwards, I have to believe it felt so satisfying to get everything tidy and ship shape! Congrats on your two month anniversary--it's all uphill from here! Cheers, and happy Monday!
 
Just got off the lake....:happydance:I did it, I went fishing first time since surgery. Could not use my kayak yet, but we also have a regular fishing boat. The lake we like is a 40 minute drive over. It was a beautiful evening. Got a nice catch of bluegill too. :realing: I was nervous getting in and out of the boat, but I did okay.:egypdance: It felt WONDERFUL to be back doing something I love. FISHING!!! And I'm not any more worse for pain, so can't wait to go again.... .:happydance::yes!: I'm 9 weeks out today....:yahoo:
 
Yay for you @Cecropia :yahoo:
[Bonesmart.org] Cocoon to moth

This is the biggest thing I caught on my "big fishing trip" Sunday:heehee:
I did catch a lovely attitude like you however.:SUNsmile:
 
Ahhh,, I feel more relaxed just from reading your update.. isn't fishing the best? I"ve seen people fish from their kayaks, it looks like a great time.
You are making huge progress, now.. congratulations to you and your new hip :yes!:
 
@Mojo333 What kind of fish is that? It's from the golf right? We got nice blue gills, and my daddy taught me to fillet fish as soon as I could handle a fillet knife, so my hubs and I work together cleaning them. Got to bed at midnight. Fishing in the evening till dark I like best, but then you have to go home and clean them all.:bored:
 
Fishing, huh? Can't say that's ever appealed to me, @Cecropia, but what is exciting for me to read about is a fellow hipster getting back to doing things he or she loves but was unable to do before surgery! My parents weren't fisher folks so never took an interest, although when we visited our grandparents in Iowa in the summer, I remember fishing with my grandfather off the dock on the lake. He only caught this nasty bottom feeders (we called them "bullheads") which were loaded with bones and not very tasty at all. Glad you had such a wonderful outing!
 
@Cecropia sounds like you had an awesome time! It's great that you're being able to do those things you love. I've never been much into fishing but am totally in to going out on the boat and just sitting I'd laying there and gently rocking. I tend to swim like a rock but have always loved the water, just so peaceful and healing.
:kayak:
 
@Mojo333 What kind of fish is that? It's from the golf right? We got nice blue gills, and my daddy taught me to fillet fish as soon as I could handle a fillet knife, so my hubs and I work together cleaning them. Got to bed at midnight. Fishing in the evening till dark I like best, but then you have to go home and clean them all.:bored:
It's a bitty baby flounder from salt water. Eyes are on same side of the fish...weird.
I love bluegill and agree that after a day of fishing, cleaning is kind of a bummer.
Eating them however...yum.

I just learned to clean fish. Tried to stay ignorant for as long as I could.

Hope you have a restful night.
 
@Mojo333 A flounder. Cool. This post is for you. As you love eating them too. I fried up some from last night, made potato salad, had an early supper. Yum...
Then we went fishing again...:heehee:
Got 26 of these gills tonight. And the lake was like glass this evening. My husband made me quit, it was getting late. Just one more, just one more...I still have worm left on my hook. :rotfl: Oh that's right we still have to clean them......:whistle:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Cocoon to moth
    20190731_220141.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 190
You sound so happy! What a wonderful post!

Ghandi said, There is more to life than increasing it's speed.

Here's to the beginning of many happy moments on the water. :realing:
 
So wonderful to hear that everything seems to be getting back to the way you enjoyed living prior to surgery and it can only get oh so much better because you will have all the mobility that was eluding you before.And you are doing the things you love to do--what a positive post and a very encouraging one.
 
Question. Last night for the first time my scar or incision started itching. It drove me nuts, I could not go to sleep. I'm at 9 weeks. I wanted to scratch it so bad but I was afraid of causing damage to it. I put in a call to my OS office, but they have not called me back yet. Its itching right now.....
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom