TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I'm sitting here reading BS posts and watching my hubby clean the house... Is there anything sexier than that? I love this man, he's a keeper:loveshwr:
 
hubby clean the house... Is there anything sexier than that?

Nope, nothing :-). I have one of those too. He just asked me to raise my recliner footrest so he can vacuum under me. Are we lucky, or what? Hehe. To be fair tho, the other day when his computer was giving him fits, I (the resident tech wizard) spent 3 hours (sitting on my butt) reformatting and reloading everything on it for him. We are a good team brains n braun :-)
 
Ah, the exhaustion of Netflix selection! We've been watching the series Nurse Jackie on Netflix. Now we're hooked so each evening we don't have much discussion about what to watch. Unfortunately, I've dosed off through several episodes, so I sometimes need an update about what's happened.
 
YES! I loved Call the Midwife too! I have cried at almost each episode. It really gives an accurate view into the social issues of the time, and the characters are just so lovable.
 
maybe I could have been coloring or playing solitaire instead, I always question myself if I made the right decision, I just have trust that I did.

So funny Clara! This is probably the first time in SIXTY years I have actually had to sit and sit and sit! Prior to my surgery I loved coloring and couldn't wait until the end of my work day to sit down with my Raffine Marco's. (Colored pencils). All of my friends & family gave me new adult coloring books instead of flowers after my surgery! Unfortunately, for whatever reason, coloring doesn't seem as enjoyable now that I have so much time to do it! I'm not worried about it because it's there for my enjoyment, I just think it's funny that I have a box full of pencils and books next to my recliner now that I seldom touch!

Now my typing skills, (bonesmart.org), they're at maximum efficiency, haha!!

:heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Raffine Marcos too, I treated myself to a set of 72 (to get a few decent reds) and a wonderful colouring book called Romantic Country by Eriy, she draws with a toothpick!
Clara, your hubby sounds a gem, mine is too, but he doesn't do ironing or dusting or bathrooms...
 
I don't know how many times I would fall asleep watching Netflix episodes. It would keep running for an episode or so and I had to keep going back to re-run the same one several times before I finally saw the complete ones. I watched Call the Midwife, House of Cards, and I am currently trying to get through Damages. Between that and posting on BS my day was complete!:rotfl:
 
Netflix was my BF - funny my sister and I had started a series around the same time and we would talk each day about the program and you could tell who didn't sleep the night before because they ended up ahead. I have one of those hubby's too. He is out trail building (he is a volunteer mountain bike trail director) and while the cats away the mice will play. My bedroom and bathroom are sparkling. Resting now and then starting on the dust bunnies in the livingroom. Don't want to do it when he is here because I don't want to hurt his feelings. He has cooked almost every meal and cleaned for over 3 months.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We are very lucky to have supportive hubbys, @Tabbycat my husband doesn't iron, but neither do I, haha, @LFitz mine doesn't dust either, he would if I specifically asked him to do it, but I guess only women see dust? I'm jot complaining he is always there for me 100%.

@newlybionic I know what you mean, I have to keep backtracking on my shows, I also fall sleep while watching.

@Suz right? Sometimes I feel kind of guilty just sitting here doing nothing, but then I remember all the times that I have been there for others even when I was in the excruciating pain and then the guilt passes.
 
I feel guilty just long enough to remember that if I get up, get going hard, (typical for me), and get swollen I'm just going to be sitting longer until I reach that magical recovered rainbow- LOL! I'm doing so much more now versus a few weeks ago and not feeling any major repercussions. For example, this morning I helped Audrey with a shower and after we were done I thought- WOW, I just did that not even worried about my knee or balance! AMAZING!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
@Suz I think that's a the best sign that you are recovering, when you do things without thinking about the knee, because right now everything is about the knee!!
 
Yesterday, I had a day where I was physically tired. My boyfriends finds weird stuff to watch on Netflix like how the conspiracists (sp?) think the landing on the moon was a hoax. It was interesting to watch. I like the short episodes that I sometimes find on PBS and the Smithsonian Channel. I love playing solitaire but my leg and back say enough of this! Once we fully recover we will think of all the things we could have been doing these days.
I loved To Call the Midwife so much that I bought the book that it was based on. It was excellent too.
 
Call the midwife is such a good show. The kind that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. @Floridagirl, is the book a repeat of the show, or different? @uva55 you are so right about it being all about the knee. All knee, all the time. I have little else to talk about?
 
Back
Top Bottom