TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

@Floridagal thank you! It sounds like you have a wonderful life, it's a blessing to have good friend, they are the family we choose!!
 
@uva55
Good looking group! I would love to get a family picture. One son is married with a 5 yr old. Other son is still dating. He may be serious with this one though!
 
Your family is lovely! My family and friends were so very important to my recovery. One of my best memories is coming home from the infection surgery (after a week in the hospital) in a December snow storm and as my sister pulled up to my house I could see my niece and her friend decorating my Christmas tree. I had been so worried I'd spend Christmas in the hospital as I'd spent Thanksgiving there, but I had tears watching them through the snow flakes. Enjoy your family!
 
@KarriB thank you so much...you are right, there is nothing like family or close friends, and when you are going through something serious like recovering from surgery is when we find out who we can count on!
 
So I've had a couple of days feeling much better, even the little bit of nerve pain I had yesterday didn't bother me much, I felt a little more energetic, less swelling, slept really good last night, so I had some over ripened bananas and decided to bake banana bread, my husband tried to talk me out of it but I insisted, he pulled out everything I needed, before he left for work.

So, I iced this morning, I took my pain pill and here I go to make my yummy banana bread, it only takes 20 minutes to prep, welllllll, those were the longest 20 minutes of my life, by the time I put it in the oven, I was light headed, had a cold sweat, an couldn't wait to sit down.

Goodness, I am so broken, I think this is what I dislike the most, I have no energy, it was only 20 minutes standing up.:bawl:
 
You are doing so good! Don't forget about that energy drain. All of it is going to your knee area. I'm almost 2 weeks ahead of you and I still get it big time. I do a little cleaning or walking and have to rest or even take a nap. The energy drain is the body's way of healing itself. Don't fuss about it. It's what's best at this time in our recovery! We are so much better than what we were two weeks ago! Our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made as King David said in Psalm. 139:14!
 
This early standing is often harder than walking, not sure why though. If you have a bar stool use it in the kitchen if you feel the need to cook or bake. Four weeks was my magic number. I slept better at four weeks and actually put chicken in a crock pot at four weeks, that was the first cooking I did besides heating things up in th microwave.
 
Oh, Clara. You are doing so good. I wouldn't have attempted this at two weeks out or even now at 27 days. I think you did super. I lived for three weeks for the banana nut bread my brother made when he was here week one. I was the only thing I felt could stomach. I bet yours is wonderful.
 
@uva55 just a tip, that I do now, even before surgery re any kind of cooking prep. I get or have hubby get all I need, and set it on the kitchen table and do all prep work sitting. :-) . Hope that banana bread is good
 
Super Clara! Two weeks out from knee replacement and you are mass baking. Amazing, now go rest, ice elevate!
 
Oh you are making me so hungry! I'm glad your energy was worth it. Enjoy it with your family.
 
Mercy- at only 2wks out the only thing I did in the kitchen was get my next ice pack out of the freezer- :heehee:!

And no fair.. I can smell your Banana Bread all the way up here in Virginia-!!

I think we all have that one thing in the early recovery days that we just HAD to do even though back in our thoughts we knew better. For me it was going out on the deck and watering my container garden. I paid dearly for that stunt but with great pride I grinned like the chesire cat through the pain it cost me!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
Get some good sleep and ice all night. You'll be fine tomorrow!
 
I thought microwaving was cooking? Can you drop a piece of your banana bread in the mail to me? I'm really, really sick of frozen dinners but now that I'm back at work it's that or I guess I can get some take out.
 
Back
Top Bottom