TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

The books were written first - there are three books in the series - and adapted to make the TV series.
The TV series sticks fairly close to the books, except for the last series, as several of the nurses' stories have different endings in te TV series. Dramatic licence, I guess.
 
to call a midwife has been recommended to me by several people
Maybe one of the best tv series ever. Well that and Downton Abbey. Also Mr Selfridge. I love British tv dramas.

Im patiently awaiting the xmas day special from season 6 (or series 6 as called in UK)
 
I'm a huge fan of British TV, so I would have to strongly recommend watching all 7 seasons of "Doc Martin" on Amazon, Netflix, AcornTV, or iTunes. It's about a doctor who moves from London to the seaside area near Cornwall, England, due to a phobia he has developed that ended his career as a surgeon. He moved to the Cornish village of Portwenn because that's where is widowed aunt lives.
 
@mamazipp The book was a little different. If you can believe more graphic. There's stuff in the book that would be censored on TV. It was a good read and I was amazed how well the characters on TV matched their version in the book.
 
We today was a busy day.

I woke up with a little of the nerve pain, not as bad as a few days ago, but it's there, some swelling.

Had lots of company, my niece and her husband, my son and my two youngest grandchildren, boy 5 and girl 2, and my dad, it was very nice but I'm tired, didn't ice for several hours, and didn't get my afternoon nap, lol.

I'm very tired and sore now, had dinner, pain meds, icing and relaxing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You sure did have a busy day. Now, you need to sleep, ice and elevate tonight and tomorrow! I'm sure you enjoyed your company. My day was quiet. Didn't make it to church like I wanted to. Next Sunday is a must, I miss my church family!
 
I would have to strongly recommend watching all 7 seasons of "Doc Martin" on Amazon, Netflix, AcornTV, or iTunes. It's about a doctor who moves from London to the seaside area near Cornwall, England, due to a phobia he has developed that ended his career as a surgeon. He moved to the Cornish village of Portwenn because that's where is widowed aunt lives.

Thanks so much Bill! I'm on this!

Glad you had your loved ones with you yesterday Clara! I have a son, Wes, who is 27yrs old and now in college after serving 8yrs in the USMC. I can't seem to get him to settle down and give me grand babies, = ( He'll be graduating in 2 years and promised to get right on it at that point. LOL! Enjoy them, I so want grands! I have to settle for kid goats & calves at this point!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
@Suz too funny, my son is 36 (today is his birthday) he has the little ones, and a daughter, she is 40, she has a 17 year old boy, a 15 year old girl, and a12 year old boy...I really enjoy being a grandmother, I'm very close to my kids and grandkids. Here is my entire crew, my daughter and her family to the left, my son, hubby, my dad, and daughter-in-law to the right.
 
What a beautiful family you have! How are you doing today?
 
Clara you have such a beautiful family, I'm sure they bring you much joy. Happy Birthday to your son.
 
Wonderful family! I only have nephews and two grand nieces and they live far away from me. I am close to my brother and his wife. At times I miss not having a large family but am generally satisfied with my life. Friends are important to me.
 
What a beautiful family. Was that just taken, and you are standing up, no walker, cane, just a few weeks out? Wow.

Glad the nerve pain is not with you today.
 
The nerve pain is there, but some better. I had a typical night, up and down all night long. If I look at this day by day, I don't see any improvement. But, when I look at myself a week ago I can see little improvements! Patience in the key! Why, oh why would it have to be something that I'm so bad at!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom