Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better.

My OS prescribed gabapentin for me at my 6 week checkup. I was having some trouble sleeping and he thought that would help. For a little while my pre bedtime combo was gabapentin, melatonin, and benadryl until my sleep pattern returned to normal.
 
@smarttoys I think I would have liked to stay on the Gabapentin a little longer, I hope I don't have to deal with that discomfort again, I will discuss with my OS on Tuesday.
 
GREAT to wake up and see this!! SO happy for you Clara.. lets hope the day just keeps getting better and better!
 
Josephine has mentioned in other threads that some people need to take gabapentin for a while and if you need it then you need it. I was given three refills but only used two of them before I felt like I didn't need it anymore.
 
Josephine has mentioned in other threads that some people need to take gabapentin for a while and if you need it then you need it. I was given three refills but only used two of them before I felt like I didn't need it anymore.

Wow that is so interesting. Making note to talk to my OS about it prior to surgery. If not, I will just "borrow" some of my husbands ;), he has bottles and bottles of the stuff hehe (just kidding, I would not take a new med not rx for me, but it IS tempting.) Tho I have no qualms about digging in to the stockpile of Oxy I have , if I need to. ;)
 
So true Clara, and the wonderful thing is you will find yourself getting out of bed soon and knowing what it's going to have for you. I wake up now every morning, no longer trying build myself up to get out of bed, just swinging my legs to the side and getting up. Might be a little stiff but nothing that makes me take pause. So happy today is a better day :SUNsmile:
 
I saw this and couldn't resist...I know I can relate, haha
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
    image.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 203
Love that picture!! That was exactly how I felt. I'm glad you're feeling better this morning, I had that same burning pain on the outside of my shin on and off for a while but for the most part it is gone now. It DOES feel exactly like you have a sunburn but just in that area. I had read that it was the nerves reconnecting that caused the problem so hopefully you will no longer experience it.
 
Wow Clara, how did you get a picture of one of my dogs? Hehe. Soooo what are you binging on netflix?
 
We're melting into the furniture! My recliner will have a permanent butt indention on it!
Yes, a sunburn is exactly how it feels. One side of my incision is numb and the other side is stinging like a sunburn.
 
@dianehelen I watched the last season of Scandal, and several movies.

I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day, get up, breakfast, shower, exercise, walk around the house, Netflix, nap, lunch, walk around the house, exercise, nap, Netflix, dinner, TV with hubby, check BS updates through the day, sleep.repeat, lol

I can't stand all this excitement
 
I love reading your posts, Clara. You seem to just take things in stride. I've had The Burn too, but I describe it as someone holding a hot iron on my leg. I'm going to try thinking of it as a sunburn. Fortunately it has come only in fairly short spurts.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Happydale I totally belive that in order to stay sane in this crazy world we live in you must have a sense of humor, I try hard to see my glass as being half full and try not to worry about things that I have no control over, I may not always be successful in the now worrying area, but I try. I'm jot going to pretend that I'm not the guest of honor at my own pitty party once in a while, we are allowed As long as we move on.

I feel like I have so much to be thankful for, a wonderful hubby, two children, a daughter and a son, 5 grandchildren ages 2 to 17 years old, I still have my dad, he is 86 and I'm his primary care giver, and a large extended family. They are all the reasons I had my surgery, if I didn't do it then I knew that I was going to be missing out on so much more than I already have.

I feel so much better this week than I did last week, I can't wait to see how next week is going to be.
 
Gee Clara , your days seem like my whole life... get up, take care of dogs, eat bfst, watch tv, look at computer, BS, facebook, political sites, swim 3 days a week, watch more tv, eat dinner, look at computer, take care of dogs, watch more tv, go to sleep , repeat. I hope both of our words are a bit bigger next year at this time
 
Wow that is so interesting. Making note to talk to my OS about it prior to surgery. If not, I will just "borrow" some of my husbands ;), he has bottles and bottles of the stuff hehe (just kidding, I would not take a new med not rx for me, but it IS tempting.) Tho I have no qualms about digging in to the stockpile of Oxy I have , if I need to. ;)
I'm glad you were just kidding. It's a bad idea ti take meds that aren't prescribed for you, even the Oxy that was prescribed previously. Your doctors will need to know exactly what meds you're taking.
 
I was prescribed Gabapentin at 4 weeks when the searing pain down the outside of my knee wouldn't go away, preventing me from putting much weight on it or bending/flexing it. OS said it was peroneal nerve irritation from surgery. It started to relieve it almost immediately. I'm still on it, afraid to wean off it, as that pain was so bad. My OS said to wean off when you feel ready........I think it makes me sleepy but that could also just be post op recovering sleepiness.
 
@mamazipp it is a very uncomfortable pain, it's like your leg is on fire...I don't think it makes you sleepy, my dad has been on it for years, he has peripheral neuropathy from his diabetes and it does not make him sleepy.
 
he has peripheral neuropathy from his diabetes

Ya, does not make my husband sleepy either. He has battled this peripheral neuropathy for years and is not diabetic. It frustrates the dickens outta him, he was on Lyrica before Medicare, it was covered with a reasonable co pay with his Cigna ins. But once on a part D drug plan on medicare that would have cost hundreds a month. The gabapentin, is about the same drug, but a zero co pay with medicare. Insane medical/drug systems in the US. You guys in places with govt provided healthcare, even with some of the waits and other things, arent you mostly glad you have it?
 
Had a restless night, I was able to sleep but woke up several times.

I feel physically tired this morning, it must be all that Netflix, you know how making all those big decisions as to what to watch next can be exhausting, after all you are making a commitment to sit there for approximately 90 minutes, you can't get that time back, maybe I could have been coloring or playing solitaire instead, I always question myself if I made the right decision, I just have trust that I did.

Wishing all my pre and post tkr friends an amazing pain free day:loveshwr::chillpill:
 
Back
Top Bottom