Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I agree with Tabby - your picture IS gorgeous!! Have fun in Cuba. When are you going?
 
breast biopsy years ago

I had one too. My did not turn out so good :-( , surgery, chemo, radiation. That was my lovely year of 2013.

Clara I wish you all the best in this for your thyroid, and hope you get the "its nothing" report, always the best kind
 
I am saying prayers for you. I had thyroid cancer in 1991. It was scary but I'm alive and kicking (well, not exactly kicking) after a thyroidectomy and radiation. I hope your nodules are benign but if they're not, you'll get it taken care of and move on.

Cuba! Wow! That is so cool!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Clara you're beautiful and an amazing person love the new photo

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@sheliac you for sharing your thyroid experience...still waiting for appointment, ughhhhh

I'm excited about our trip, I just went to pick up the airline tickets :dancy:
 
@dianehelen I know what that is like, my sister had a breast needle biopsy and it was cancer, I actually found out before she did and it was a shocker to me, I work for the pathologists and I get all the reports every morning, hers was one of them, at first I didn't know what to do then my common sense kicked in and I called one of the pathologists I work for and explained what happened, he called her PCP and got her an appointment with an amazing breast surgeon in Tampa, for that same day, I went to every appointment with her and I had to break the news to our parents. She had lumpectamy surgery, radiation and lifetime of meds.

This was 3 years ago and she is still a nervous wreck when she has to go for her follow ups.
 
Well I finally heard from the radiologist, my needle biopsy is scheduled girvnext Friday, the girl that called me probably thinks I'm nuts because I was excited to get the call, I guess that's not the normal reaction she gets, if she would have told me to go there then I would have!!!
 
I agree. Not knowing is always worse than knowing what you have to deal with. Hit it head on and conquer it!
 
@birdwatchr it's going to need a short trip, I used all my vacation days with my TKR, so we leave September 29th and come back October 3rd, this is my birthday present, I'll be celebrating it in Cuba :happydance::beer: with some good rum, which with everything going on I am certainly ready for :cheers:
 
Oh have a wonderful time! My husband and I wanted to go this September, never followed through. My son and his wife went on their honeymoon this summer and had a wonderful time, especially staying at a house on a beach. There only problem-they didn't bring enough cash and couldn't find ATM machines. Have a great time!
 
You have a great group of docs! All my tests on my thyroid were done the week before Christmas, so I thought I'd have to wait until after the holidays to hear the results. My endocrinologist called Christmas morning to give me the results. Yep, get it over with so you can enjoy Cuba!
 
@LaylaHips unfortunately Cuba is very behind the times, WIFI in the homes,no ATM'S for sure, it's not even easy to make a call to the states from there, I'm lucky my cousin that lives there has a phone in her house, which is not common, and they sell calling cards, so I should be able to communicate with my dad and kids. I was there 13 years ago we went for 10 days and stayed with my husband's relatives, my son went with us, he was 23 at the time and boy was he shocked at the daily struggle the average person has to face just to figure out how to feed the family, the tourist get to see the beauty but their experience is far from the norm. I was very ready to come back to the USA, and heartbroken as to the struggles and misery my people have to live with, I felt guilty for all I have and sometimes even take for granted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I took an elder trek tour 2years ago and saw a lot of the real Cuba. The people have very little but are very resourceful. I wondered how well I would cope given the hardships and deprivations. I admired all of the "entrepreneurs". I did bring my Canadian cell phone so I could text, wi fi rare, and no us credit cards accepted. I had a Canadian card which worked but I bought very little, and always with cash. I loved the beauty of the country and the spirit of la gente. And Cuban cafe con leche. Id love to go back.
 
Clara send us some photos but most of all enjoy

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@mamazipp you are right they are resourceful and always have a smile on their faces. I don't know how well I would do with those hardships either, I remember what my parents went through before we left the country, I was 11 and rheumatoid are not all nice memories, I also want to go back when I retire so I can spend a little longer and travel through the island and see more of Cuba, I never went outside of Havana.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom