TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Well it looks like the nasty weather has finally left us, the sun actually came out for a very brief moment.

I'm hoping that tomorrow I will feel more energetic and can get some things done:bored:
 
Hubby and I went out to breakfast to Dunedin, a very nice drive, walked around afterwards, visited several of their cute shops. We just got home, it's time to cool off, it is a beautiful day but HOT!!!

Have a nice Sunday everyone...it's so nice to know I don't have to go to work tomorrow, ahhhhh (sigh)
 
nice drive, walked around afterwards,
WOW cant even IMAGINE doing that.. actually going somewhere and walking around.. its been so long since I have done that. So glad you had such a good time. And the knee was good? no pain after to deal with? Wow, just wow!

So happy for you..
 
@dianehelen No pain or swelling.. By the way you are on your way, you are doing so great!!!

I dropped my husband off at home, went to Target and Publix and feel fine, now I'm home icing.....my shoulder,lol
 
Clara, I feel for you! I'm helping my parents now, and it's the most wonderful thing to be able to be of help to them as they become frailer and shakier, but at the same time it's the most awful thing in the world to have to be there watching it.
 
@greatlakes we all know this will happen one day, but I guess I have been in denial, I have always been very close to my father and even more so since my mom passed away 2 years ago, it pains me to see him struggle with some of his current physical challenges which when you add loosing his wife of almost 60 years and that is not even taking into account that in total they had known each for almost 75 years, he is experiencing some depression.

All I can do is love him, take care of him and remind him that he is very blessed and has so much to thankful for, sometimes when we are not at our best we can loose sight of that!!

Thank you so much for your kind words!!
 
My mother died suddenly and I had no opportunity to tell her how much I loved her and appreciated the sacrifices she made for us over the years. I am sure though she knew it. It is great that you can give back to your father for the care and love he has given to you even though it is still very hard to see him deteriorate.
 
my dad has always been my rock, he has always been so giving, loving, always there for his family, I'm only giving a little of that back now, it's just hard seeing that rock crumble a little right in front of my eyes!!

I'm watching my dad fading away now. It is very difficult for me since I live so far away from him. He has been 'leaving' me very quickly especially since mom unexpectedly passed away in October 2014.
Clara and Marian, I feel for you both.
I know what it's like.

My mother became progressively more forgetful and then demented, due to multiple transient ischaemic attacks (mini-strokes). It seemed as if each attack killed off a few more of her brain cells, eroding both her memory and her personality.
It was sad to see the mother I loved gradually becoming more and more helpless, until she didn't recognise her family. Instead of my mother, she seemed like some dear little old lady. She was still there physically, but she just wasn't my mother any more.

When Mum died (peacefully, in her sleep, thank goodness!) I experienced equal measures of grief and relief.
 
My mum died at age 60 when I was 19 from cancer. She was not there for my graduation or my wedding. I think about her all the time, she was in constant pain with arthritis. I'd give anything to have her back, pain free. My dad, on the other hand is nearly 90 and is fortunate to have very few health problems, but is always complaining he doesn't have the energy he used to! Clara, you are doing your absolute best for your dad, he has a wonderful daughter.
Tabby xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tearing up reading all these. Was thinking to myself, these are stories about - couldn't think of how to end the thought - and then realized the word I was looking for is love. Stories about love. May we all have it as we recover, whether kids and dogs jumping on us, phone calls from caring friends, or memories strong enough to sustain us.
 
Yesterday was 12 weeks since my TKR, I'm almost afraid to say my knee feels pretty good,I don't want to jinx it. Since we were closed for a couple of days due to the hurricane and we were so behind with our work, I worked 12 hours today and just to be on the safe side I am icing for a while.

Tomorrow is my appointment for my thyroid, I hope whatever decision the doctor makes is one that gives me answers quick, I am not good with the waiting game, I have used all of of my supply of patience for 2016 and part of 2017 with my knee so things are not looking good in that department.
 
I sure do understand the patience deficit! I, too am way in the hole! Please let us know as soon as you can about your thyroid appointment. Hopefully, it's something you can take a pill for!
 
Will be thinking of you tomorrow, hoping for quick & easy answers to your thyroid issue. So good to hear your knee is doing so well. Gives us running, well hobbling behind you some good hope
 
Clara how was your thyroid apointment.


LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Hello ladies, dianehelen, Dawni, birdwatchr, FlaGranny, sistersinhim , went yesterday to the endocrinologist, he checked my neck, he said one of the nodules feels larger than reported on the ultrasound report, I had additional lab work, and I need needle biopsies on 3 of the 8 nodules, 2 on the left and 1 on the right thyroid. One of the pathologists I work for is trying to get me in ASAP, they are actually done by a radiologist and then sent to pathology, I am waiting to hear from him, I should know by tomorrow when I will be having it done it should be sometime next week. They are also sending the sample to a special lab to see if there is a possibility of ever being cancerous even if it shows benign now, just to cover all of the basis, I really liked the endocrinologist, he spent around 30 minutes with us and answered all of my husband's and my questions. He threw out lots of information that I don't remember half of it, but he was very thorough and was even going to call the radiologist himself to ask her specific questions regarding the ultrasound findings. I can't wait to get it done and behind me. To say that I am a little (a lot) stressed is an understatement.

My knee has been bothering me a little this week, I think that I have been working too many hours without getting up to walk around, we are so behind on our work because of being closed for the hurricane that I feel that I have been glued to my desk, also I have to be taking time to go to the doctor and I feel bad so I try to make up for it. I iced last night and it still a little swollen and tight today. I am off tomorrow and plan on doing very little to give it a good rest, I can't complain she has been behaving for me and I have been neglecting her a little so I don't blame her for complaining.:bored:

I hope you ladies are doing great, sleeping at night, and pain free. :flwrysmile:

Thank you for your concern:loveshwr:
 
Clara I will keep everything crossed for a good result
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom