TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

So great to see you doing so well with your new knee. I hope I get to feel that way someday

Now if your other stresses would take a hike, you'd be great! Hope those stresses get some relief asap
 
Clara, it's so good to read how well you are doing! For all the newbies out there, you give them such wonderful hope! And you're already back to work and doing so well. You are amazing!
 
Clara, your knee is really doing great. I hope the other issues can get resolved soon. The shoulder sounds pretty uncomfortable.
I have a question for you. When you say you are pain free in your knee, can you also go up and down stairs without pain? That is still impossible for me.
 
Hi Clara,
Sorry to hear about your thyroid! darn it....just when your knee decides to feel better, something else happens.
Life just doesn't seem fair:sigh: but I'm so glad your knee is doing so well! :yes!:
Just wanted to thank you also for" your words of encouragement" for my upcoming surgery, I'm so grateful to everyone on bonesmart! Blessings to you all :praying:
 
@mamazipp yes, I I can go up and down stairs pain free, I do not run up and down stairs, just normal stair climbing. I have not climbed several stories, but my daughter lives in a two story house and I can climb to the second floor.

My shoulder is really bothering me, I placed a call to my rheamatologist to see if there is something more he can do, I already take anti inflamatory meds, and not even an Oxy, ice or heat helped me last night. Usually when I get a shot I stay pain free for approx 2-3 years.
 
It sounds like it's more than bursitis now. Have you had a MRI of it? Did you lift something or fall on it recently?
 
@mamazipp I'm not 100%, I still feel some tightness in the knee, but it really is a minor discomfort, I can't complain...I try not to abuse it or over do it,and ride my recumbent bike every day 20 minutes.
 
Wow @uva55 you're still doing remarkably well in the knee! Now to get that shoulder back in shape. Hoping a shot will be in order for now.
 
Clara, maybe the doctor didn't get the shot in the right place! I've had that happen.
 
So happy about your knee, hope the shoulder clears up. That sounds great to me, doing 20 min on the recumbent bike.
 
@sistersinhim who knows, when it rains it pours...I'm off tomorrow,because I have to take my dad to the doctor so I took a muscle relaxer,it may not help with the shoulder but maybe it will help me sleep.
 
@mamazipp I'm not even sure if he can give me another shot so close to the last one!!! I may grow another arm or something :yikes:

Enough about my warranty expired body parts, how are you doing????
 
@Diane LTKR my dad has always been my rock, he has always been so giving, loving, always there for his family, I'm only giving a little of that back now, it's just hard seeing that rock crumble a little right in front of my eyes!!!

Thank you for your words!!!
 
just hard seeing that rock crumble a little
I really relate and feel for you my friend. I went thru that with my dad. I was pretty much his sole caregiver for his last few years. It's hard, but in the end I felt good that I was able to. He is so lucky to have you and I know he appreciates it in ways more than just words can express
 
I agree with Diane. I went through it with mama and her dementia. Depression was part of that. I'm thankful to have been able to help her, as you are for your dad. All this you're going through will make you a stronger person in the long run. God must have a special role for you in your coming years where you will be able to be a huge blessing to someone else.
 
Clara, I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid, shoulder, and Dad. It sounds like you have a beautiful relationship! What a blessed thing.

I hope you're able to get some rest tonight.
 
I'm watching my dad fading away now. It is very difficult for me since I live so far away from him. He has been 'leaving' me very quickly especially since mom unexpectedly passed away in October 2014.

I hope you can get some sleep tonight. This getting old isn't easy but you've already shown that you could get through a TKR. With any luck you can take care of your thyroid problem and shoulder pain.
 
Thank you all for your beautiful words, they really help, Bonesmart has been a blessing in so many ways, I have made beautiful friends through my TKR journey :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom