TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

So sorry to hear about your thyroid problem and so glad you managed to get an appointment soon. Hang in there It sucks and I agree it would be nice to have one medical problem at a time but sometimes stuff just happens. We are stronger than we think and with God in control we can do all things. Praying that the time goes quickly so you can get the answers you need. :flwrysmile:
 
@KarriB Thank you so much for your kind words...Really what am I thinking!!!! after TKR I should be able to handle anything that is thrown my way...it's just that I am still too tired to fight another battle right about now...but I will survive. I totally believe that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...Hmmm, I should be able to bench press a Buick right about now :heehee:
 
Oh, so sorry to hear you have to deal with this issue after your knee recovery. I'm happy to hear you could get into this great endocrinologist so soon. Hopefully this is easily resolved. I won't tell you not to worry, but at least you'll know soon what you're dealing with.
 
I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid problems. It's good you can in to see the doctor in a couple of weeks so that you can get it thoroughly checked and treated.
 
Just when you feel you can take a breath, something new comes up :cry: ugh... I'm so happy you're able to get an appt in September! Keeping you in my thots & prayers with your continued healing of your knee, your Dad & now the thyroid issue! Maybe after treatment you'll not be as tired :prayer:
 
@dianehelen now that I actually have an appointment with a great specialist in two weeks, he didn't have any openings until December but one of the pathologists I work for got me in early, I feel a little more calm, and I know that if any biopsies are needed, my docs will result them ASAP. This may answers some of my on going problems, chronic exhaustion, my hair has been thinning out, I just want to take care whatever it is and put it behind me, 2017 better be a marvelous year because 2016 not so much. I have not told my dad, I don't want to worry him until I know what I'm dealing with.

I'm done with the pity party, now is time to take take care of the problem!!!

Hey on the bright side, I have met all of my out of pocket, so no more medical expenses :dancy:

Even better I have not needed any ice in several days, no swelling or pain, I guess my knee decided to give me a break :happydance:
 
Yay! Loving the good news vs the other. My hair is very thin too, but mine is a lifelong gift from chemo.

Enjoy your new happy knee.
 
I don't understand the lack of endocrinologists. Pennsylvania has the highest rate of thyroid problems, but local hospitals have just one endo. My thyroid problem is genetic. Everyone on my mother's side of the family had Hashimoto's, and now my sister and I. She is able to stay thin by running miles everyday. I don't have that option so my weight is a fight. My brother doesn't have it and is a beanpole who eats everything in sight!

Thinning hair, lack of energy, are a few of the symptoms, but those can go with TKR recovery also. I've read of ladies saying their hair was falling out/thinning, but eventually it starts to come back. I'm glad you got in so soon and will get answers.
 
@KarriB my lack of energy has been a problem way before TKR, so I was semi comatose :heehee: after TKR, and the thinning of the hair also has been on going...if I'm going to have thyroid problems why can't it be hyperthyroidism so I could be skinny, I should at least get something out of this :loll:
 
I've often though that, but hyper brings its own issues and is very difficult to treat. Usually hyperthyroid means removing the thyroid entirely and supplementing with synthroid. The treatment may have changed, but those I know with it have gone through this protocol.

We just need a pill to loose weight. I've been swimming like a fiend all summer with no difference at all. I feel better, but weigh the same. I believe there is a pill that they're keeping from us because it would cure so many other problems the medical community wouldn't know what to do. Can you say conspiracy theory??? It's the only conspiracy theory I have! :rolleyes:
 
Happy for you at getting in quickly! It says something about you, that people you work with are going out of their way to help you!
 
Congrats on your knee no longer hurting or swelling. That is huge! :yes!:
 
I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid problem, Clara. I hope the endocrinologist can do a biopsy soon, and that the result will reassure you.
I know that God does not give us more than we can handle but I'm hanging on by the tip of my finger right about now.
I often think of Mother Theresa when I hear someone say this.
Allegedly, she said, "I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but sometimes I wish He didn't think I was so capable!"

You're capable and you will cope. Remember that we're all here, supporting you.
 
Wow! You knee is really doing great! It's letting you concentrate on your thyroid problem now. And you're back to work on top of everything else! Just think how much you'll be able help others with the same problems once yours is corrected! You have always been an inspiration to me! You have always been ahead of the game!
 
@sistersinhim I can share my experience with knees, back, general arthritis and bursitis and now Thyroid, I should get some kind on honorary medical degree...I have to laugh about all this or I will go crazy and that would mean another doctor I would have to deal with:yikes:
 
No more, Clara! Enough is enough! You get that thyroid fixed and it's time for peace, quiet and pain-free living!
 
Well I am happy to report that in the last 9 days, I've only had to ice once, no swelling or pain, my knee feel like spretty good, sometimes I forget and move it the wrong way and she reminds me to slow down but I feel so blessed that at this stressful time of my life my knee has decided to behave.

So those of you that are just a few days or few weeks post-op, be patient, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and those that may be taking a little longer, remember that maybe there were other factors that are making your recovery a little slower but I read in your updates the many victories that you are a also celebrating and how much better you are feeling everyday.

I pray every night for a quick and painless recovery for all of my BS friends
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom