TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Clara, I am so happy for your good results! Looking forward to getting there. Thanks for writing down your story.
 
Clara, when you do retire, you'll be very happy, I'm sure. No getting up early, no irritating work politics. Freedom to do what you want, when you want.

I went back to work when I moved to Canada at age 65 and continued until last summer at 75. It was an easy enough job and I got to interact with people and I love psych nursing. But then the patient population changed and we got violent and forensic patients. I decided it was time to go. Now I love having no schedule. It's fantastic.
 
Medicare is a beautiful thing. 100,000 dollar surgery and no charge to me, except they didn't reimburse the Mesa swab test, for some reason.
 
Clara, you'll get there soon enough! The older you get, the faster time flies! @mamazipp, you are amazing to work until you were 75. I think that's what keeps you young. It's a shame that your work environment changed.
 
Hi there Clara,
So glad you are improving! riding ex bikes is such a great way to improve strength and ROM, keep up all the good work! you are really an inspiration to us all :yahoo:
 
Clara, now did you make out today?
 
Good that your swelling has stayed down. I can sure understand tired and achy. I hope you can ice and feel better.
 
Clara, I wasn't planning on retiring at this time last year, but here I am! I'm told the first year is hard for some teachers. But it is nice to do things during the day and not in the evenings or weekends when you're so tired from the work week. I feel a bit bi-polar, I go between anxious and peaceful, rested and nervous, happy and sad. Sometimes I'm almost giddy with the freedom, then weepy from missing teaching.
 
@KarriB my dad is 86 and facing more difficult physical challenges every day, I want to be able to enjoy whatever time I have left with him, I spend a lot of time with him now, but I'm always exhausted with a full time job, and my workplace is very stressful, I'm tired of all the drama, the older I get the less I can tolerate it.
 
I understand the drama! When will you be able to retire and spend time with your dad?
 
@KarriB this December...

My sister is a special ed teacher, she semi rentire at the end of 2014-2015 school year so she could help out more with my dad, I'm still waiting for that to happen, lol
 
You can make it 4 more months Clara! I pray the time flies by for you! I know what it's like to have an aging parent. I took care of my mother's personal and financial areas for the last 5 years of her life. She had dementia that developed into Alzheimer and I eventually had to put her into an assisted living home. They took very good care of her, but I still had to oversee her and her bills. I would show up at different times at the facility to be sure they were taking good care of mama. She could even take some of her own furniture and photos, which was a big help to her for a while. She passes away at 90 in '14 and I miss her terribly. Spend every minute with your dad that you can. It's so hard to see them go down. At least we know there's hope for seeing them again!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom