TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Well done Clara, that's a really great report. My OS said the exact same thing about the length of recovery, though it's funny how they are strangely silent on the subject before the surgery or else we might all :bolt:
I'm really happy you are so much nearer your goal of a pain free knee :yay:
 
My OS was right up front on the 12 month recovery and I already knew it could take that long because of an injury to my hand several years ago.
 
Great report! I have been following your progress and you are an inspiration to people who are behind you in their TKR recoveries.
 
Fantastic news, Clara! Your ROM and extension are really good numbers, especially being so short of a time out! You are a hard worker and had a good doctor!
 
@sistersinhim how did you do? I know that you are also doing great, you are definitely a lot more active than I am, I get tired just reading all you d

This is more like taking a nice curve on a very long road, but I take it. I am glad out patient PT is not an issue anymore, not that it was bad but inconvenient. I do all of my exercises at home on the days I don't have Pt.

I am excited, my husband and I are planning a short trip to Cuba for my birthday weekend, but I wanted to wait to make sure it would be ok, OS gave me his seal of approval.
 
Clara, I just wrote about my visit on my thread. I'm doing just fine for what my knee went through. He also said I could swim, but to start very, very slow because it will hurt afterwards. The outside bike riding he frowned on until I'm stronger, but for me to be my guide. I'm going to get Marilyn to hold my bike while I rotate the pedals backwards. If that feels OK, I'll try it for about 1/2 mile at first. Doctor said, "Do not fall!"! That's something I don't want to do!
 
Wow, Clara, great news. Great numbers. Very happy for you.

When is the last time you went to Cuba? Do you have family there?
I went to Cuba on a legal tour two years ago, and loved it. Beautiful country and people, but struggling.
 
@sistersinhim That's a good report, please be super careful, you have done so well, you don't want a bike ride to set you back, I know that you are desperate to start doing more but you have been doing quite a lot already.

Do you have to go back to see him again???
 
Not for a year, unless there's a problem or if the left knee needs a shot.
 
@mamazipp the last time I was there was 13 years ago. I do have some cousins there, one in particular was like a sister when we were growing up, she offered to come up when I had surgery to help me, my husband also has some relatives, He was actually planning on taking the ashes of one of his cousins to his family in Cuba, he promised him he would, and I decided to go for a few days to see my cousin.
 
That will be such a good time. What a nice trip for your family!
 
@dianehelen so far so good, I still ice through the day, in the morning my knee feels pretty good, after 1 I can feel it starting to swell and get tight, but no pain, I don't even have to take Tylenol
.
I'm looking forward to my short trip to Cuba, my cousin that even though we had only seen other once in 49 years have stayed close through email, Facebook and the occasional phone call, surprised me last year for my 60th birthday in October and came to spend 2 weeks with me. She is in Miami this week, she came to accompany a friend's son from Cuba to Miami, my husband knows that I would love to see her, so we are driving to Miami on Friday and coming back on Sunday, I'm taking a cooler with my ice packs, I hope I don't end up regretting it but I really want to go. I arranged for my son to look after my dad.

I saw your post that you figured out your ice machine, I loved the one they used at the hospital, it stayed so nice and cold!:ice:

As you can see I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, not very nice, I have to work in a few hours, ughhh:bored:
 
driving to Miami on Friday and coming back on Sunday,


Wow that's a long drive, hope it's not too much for you. If you have any oxy left, may be a good time to use them. I remember with my hip, took about 3 months before I was ready to be in the car long enough to drive from Orlando to St Pete, and that's under 2 hours, Miami is probably closer to 4 hours for you. Hope you enjoy and are not too much in pain.

Btw, finished "The time inbetween" soooo good! Those last w episodes were intense. Loved the ending too. Such a good series, wish there was more. Oh well have to find a new one for my cabin fever days upcoming
 
@dianehelen I figured, I would can stretch out in the back seat when I start to feel uncomfortable. I do have Oxy, I always have some because of my back.

I loved the ending of the series, I agree the last couple of episodes were intense.
 
Take your bug spray to Miami! Have a wonderful trip to Cuba. You are doing so well it should be great fun to see your cousin and others. I know you are well prepared to take care of that knee on the road.
 
So my friend, how did your second week back to work wrap up? Ready for your road trip weekend? Thinking about you.
 
@dianehelen Well... I survived, actually I still get tired, my knee starts to swell in the afternoon, but I think I had more energy this week.:yahoo:

I got home from work, did 3 loads of laundry, and cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. My hubby thinks I'm crazy, but I don't know what time or shape I'll be in when we get home Sunday and I don't want to stress about it. He said he would help me Sunday, that's OK, now I don't have to think about it. He cleaned the rest if the floors yesterday and cooked dinner tonight.

Now I will ice the knee just in case it's thinking about revenge, lol:yikes:

I see you have been bz crossing your T's and dotting your I's!!!
 
Oh I forgot...I rode the bike for 16 minutes :upright:I really hope I don't regret it!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom