TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

you'll be fine. You can always ride in the back seat and stretch out your leg. Yes, do take bug spray. And to Cuba, too. When I went to Cuba last year, the travel doc said that there were daytime biting mosquitos and to be careful and use repellant. They are the same mosquitos that carry Zika.....but she was worried about break one fever.
Have a great time.
 
Hey there.. @uva55 Clara, how did you do on the car trip to Miami? Hope you are doing ok and not in much pain . Enjoy your visit and safe trip home!!
 
@dianehelen I did OK, I stretched out in the back seat and iced most of the trip, my knee and foot swelled some and was a little achy, today I did a lot of walking, left hotel around 8:30 a.m. and didn't get back until 8 p.m. again a little swollen and achy but not as bad as I thought it would be, it was worth it, we had a wonderful time, I enjoyed the time with my cousin!!!

Icing and one Oxy tonight will be my best friends!!!

How are you doing???
 
wow sounds pretty great. Im glad you made the long trip ok. Great to spend time with friends or family and not be in terrible pain all the time. Were you walking with a cane or just on your new knee? Hope your trip home is good too.

Im doing "fair" I guess, as well as can be expected. Had a bit of a gastric rebellion last night, prob from trying to proactively ward off post op constipation, by starting miralax. That stuff has a catch up effect. Ive stopped it now and ate almost nothing today, so feeling a bit better. Also prob my nerves kicking in... But Im about as prepared as I can be, and just watching the clock tick down.
 
@dianehelen just try to relax and get as much rest as you can, I know it's not easy but you will be ok, actually you will be much better than you are now, something to look forward to :)

I used a walker for first 2 weeks and the cane for one week, I did bring it with me just in case but didn't need to use it:dancy:
 
On our way back to Tampa, I'm stretched out in the back seat. Bought a bag of ice for my ice packs. Minimal swelling this morning, knee feels great!

Slept from 10 p.m. to 8:30, I think I was tired.

Have s great Sunday everyone :loveshwr:
 
Long trip.. Hows the knee holding up? Can you get netflix on your cell or whatever you are using, on the road? I have another great series for you, maybe help pass the time. Grand Hotel . I just started it, so I can be well immersed for my recovery time. Kind of a Downton Abbey in Spain.

The series, filmed at the Palacio de la Magdalena in Santander, is set in an early 20th century aristocratic hotel during the reign of King Alfonso XIII and is centered on the mysteries that involve the owner family and the hotel servants.
 
Thanks @dianehelen , I'll check it out!

My knee is fine now, hopefully it will stay that way... Work tomorrow..ughh
 
@dianehelen Diane, how did you find all that out? You are a history buff indeed. I couldn't place the time in history at all. I'm glad you like it. There are tons and tons of episodes to get you through recovery. Sometimes you just have to laugh at all of the melodrama. Yet, it's infectious.

Clara, glad your knee is fine today. Sorry you have to go to work tomorrow.
 
@dianehelen, we stopped for dinner before going home, finally home and icing, the knee feels good, not very swollen and neither is the foot, lately the foot has been complaining some. By the way Sr. Google is my best friend:type:

@mamazipp it is a real shame that I have to work tomorrow or ever, hahaha...I'm so over working, have done it long enough!!!:bawl:

My husband keeps telling me to quit, but we had so many expenses with this surgery that I would feel better waiting a few months, sometimes I hate being so responsible :flabber:
 
@dianehelen, 65 is not old! It used to be when I was 30, but it's not now! But, Medicare is a huge blessing!
@uva55, what a good thing that your knee has behaved and you're doing fine! I also enjoy Sr. Google. I visit every single day! And most of the times more that once. Knowledge is power!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom