TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Beautiful family! I'm jealous! Enjoy them to the fullest. My granddaughter always looks mad in pictures. I told them to tickle her right before snapping it!
 
Look at all those adorable grandkidlets!!! Young and older, they're a bunch of cuties!! What a blessing to be close to them. Maybe some of them will want to learn to cook Cuban cuisine from Grandma.
 
Well yesterday afternoon my workweek really hit me. I felt like a truck ran over me, and my knee was not very happy, I actually had to take an Oxy. It feels better today. The oxy he Oxy helped me sleep last night!
 
Ughh so sorry you are hurting. Plan your day around rest, ice, elevation & drugs

Hope you feel better.
 
I'm glad you got some rest and not surprised that the week caught up to you. You have been doing so much really early in your recovery. I hope that today and tomorrow you can catch up on that much needed rest.
 
Clara, I hope you have a restful weekend and feel better. I'm sure that your first week back at work caught up to you.
 
I understand how you feel. Have you thought about maybe taking Wednesday's off instead of Friday's to try to break up the week? It seems to have worked better for me. Take the weekend to rest up. You deserve it.
 
@newlybionic I thought about doing that but for the next three weeks I already have doctor's appointments set up for either my dad or myself on Fridays, I'm hoping things will get better and I can adjust.
 
Well I woke up feeling better and more rested, doing a few things to get ready for the week, but will not over do it.
 
That's good that you are feeling better. Take it say today. Just do what has to be done. As you get more acclimated to going back to work and all your other activities your energy will start to increase. Have you quit PT now?
 
@newlybionic I cancelled last week, I see my OS on Tuesday and I hope he doesn't want me to go back... I think my ROM is over 120 and I know that is what he was looking for. I do excercises at home and my bike.
 
Thank goodness you are feeling better. A day of rest can do wonders. Your ROM is outstanding! Even my good knee isn't that good! You are truly on the road to complete recovery.
 
I told my out-patient PT that I thought I had reached a plateau and wanted to end the sessions. No problem. He didn't discharge me right away for fear some problem might crop up. Nothing has and I haven't talked to him. He gave me home exercises. I do the stretches but stay away from stuff with weights. I'll start that when I am three months out and SURE I won't hurt the knee.
 
Clara the grandkids are beautiful. Lucky that they all are nearby. 2 of mine are here, the older 3 are scattered around the country and my 2 great grandkids are in Hawaii and Washington.
 
@mamazipp I know we are blessed, I really love having them close by, we went to go see the two little ones last night and it was so much fun. My daughter lives like 30 minutes away and that is far enough, lol
 
What a lovely family, Clara, your happiness just shines through in those photos. You are doing so well, just take it very easy on your days off :chillpill:
 
@Tabbycat thank you, this weekend I tried to get rest, Friday and Saturday I had no choice but to take it easy I was exhausted, buy yesterday was better, I'm sure it will take a little while to get adjusted to working again.

I hope you are still doing well, it seems like you have turned a corner and recovering nicely, I'm so happy for you!!!
 
Just got back from my doctor's office, he was very pleased with recovery, my extension is at 0 and ROM at 125 without pushing on the knee, told him I was doing exercises at home, no more outpatient PT needed, he said if I keep working the knee without pain, I should be able to get additional 10-15 degrees of extension. I see him again in 10 months. I asked him if there were any limitations, he said, except for running which he does not recommend, if it doesn't hurt, I can do it.

I thanked him for my wonderful knee and he thanked me for following all of his instructions, therefore having a good outcome.
 
Wonderful news Clara! your ROM is amazing for less than 2 months post op! The pain will diminish with time.
I'm at 5 months and can finally sleep through the night. :) My only complaint right now is the constant stiffness and "clunky feeling" I have, hoping it's all part of the recovery process and will go away one of these days.
 
@Majella I know all about the stiffness, usually by the end of the day it feels very heavy, but I can't complain overall I feel like I'm doing well. My OS told me it can take 12-18 months for total recovery, all I know is that I am not in arthritic pain, and ice really helps when I am in discomfort, before, nothing I did relieved the pain, there is a light at the end of this TKR tunnel.
 
Back
Top Bottom