TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I am so glad you're doing well at work and that you are getting some good sleep! 2 more days!
 
Ok, taking a little break...I guess I jinxed myself, today I am exhausted, and my knee and foot and are swollen from the moment I woke up, I guess the last two days caught up with me. I can't leave early, I have a conference call from 2-3 p.m. and a interview for an opening I have in my department at 4 p.m., I guess I had to visit that special club once again, it has been a while.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
 
Hey don't be hard on yourself. I think work pushed you into the club. At least during that conference call you call elevate the leg and no one will see. Hopefully it isn't a Skype call. I hope the interview goes smoothly - that it is a delightful person who is perfect for the job. So you can go home with a smile on your face.
 
Oh Clara, I'm so sorry work has caught up with you. I agree with Amy Jo hoping everything will flow smoothly this afternoon. I pray you rest and have a really good night's sleep. Tomorrow's the last one!
 
You're too sweet to take the grandkids to the doctor on your day off, and so early! Sounds like a perfect time for a latte.

I hope your day went well and your knee isn't too much of a cranky-bum.
 
Today was a rough day...I am very swollen and stiff, will ice and elevate until bedtime.:hissy:

Let's hope tomorrow will be a better day :beg:
 
I'm sorry that the days have caught up with you. When I'm at the end of a long day I try to ice and elevate all night long just as I did in the very early days. Just think one more day this week. You can make it.
 
@newlybionic thanks, I know you can relate...I'm thankful that it does not hurt...my husband said it's because I went from zero to sixty in one day:dubious:
 
Make sure you take the weekend to relax. I find that I try to do nothing at all Sunday afternoons and evenings so I'm ready for that lovely early morning wake-up.
 
Awe Clara I'm so sorry you are having such a rough day. I sure wish you didn't have to go in tomorrow. But life happens I guess. I hope you can get some good sleep tonight and the swelling goes down. This sure is a marathon not a sprint huh.

Sending healing thoughts my friend
 
@dianehelen , girl sleep has not been a problem, I go into a coma as soon as I lay down, I usually wake up once to use the bathroom, not this week!!!:sleep:

It is a marathon and I feel like I ran one, :rotfl:
 
Good that you're sleeping well. You sure do need it! Just think, 1 more day and you have 3 off! I pray your day flies by tomorrow and that you stay pain-free!
 
I'm thankful that it does not hurt...

I think this is AMAZING Clara! Considering how active you've been the past few days. Is it possible you are about to turn that corner into the 'pain is all but gone now' zone?!! It happened so fast for me- over just a few days. Still dealt with swelling & stiffness but the actual pain in the new joint area just eased up and walked out the door!

I hope this is happening for you~!!
 
Hope today was a better day. Now you just have a few days to relax, other than the dr appt with the grands. Be careful , dont overdo! :)
 
How are you today? How's that swelling? Take it as easy as you can the next three days. Especially after your grand children's doctor's visit. Your poor knee needs lots of TLC!
 
@Suz I think you may be right, I really have not been in pain for a while, it's the swelling and stiffness that is bothering me, and I feel exhausted right now.

@dianehelen long day, but the work week is over and I'm impressed that I was able to do it, it wasn't all peaches and cream but I got through it.

@sistersinhim I didn't sleep well last night, it was my shoulders, I guess they are jeoulous of all the attention the knee has been getting so the bursitis in both shoulders decided to act up a couple of days ago and last night it was awful...I'm hoping my OS tells me on Tuesday that I can get shots, there is always something, I fix one thing and another one breaks down, I think my warranty has expired, lol

Icing and resting right
 
it's the swelling and stiffness that is bothering me, and I feel exhausted right now.
Yes.. of course. The fatigue stays with us for awhile. You've climbed Mt. Everest this week- hopefully your shoulders & knee will let you really rest tonight. I'm so-so glad your work week is over!
 
Hope you are feeling better today Clara, just took a peek at your surgery date...wow! your'e in the early stages of recovery. Take it easy, elevate and keep the ice coming. Exhaustion seems to be something we all have issues with, it's sure taking me awhile to get over that energy drain:thud:
 
I fix one thing and another one breaks down,

OH how I KNOW that feeling. Just as Im getting ready for this knee thing, NOW my right hip started to really bother me. Ughhh,

So glad you got thru the week, more or less unscathed... now REST as much as you can for the next few days
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom