Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Good for you, Clara! The first day back is under your belt now. I'm sure it will get easier and easier for you. Most likely the people you work with have no idea what you've been through, so maybe you should share the video of a TKR surgery. A little sympathy and understanding always help. :snork:
 
Thank you guys... I actually took a range check on the wine, I'm too tired to enjoy it, just catching up on some posts and going to bed soon!!!:zzz:

Sweet dreams everyone :sleep:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
Week seven... swelling went down...it was bad yesterday after working all day!!!
 
Hi Clara, I was thinking about you on your first day back too... 6 am that's a nightmare! Glad you got through it relatively unscathed. My knee still feels swollen after a little while on my feet, so you are doing amazingly well. Grab every chance to rest that you can :sleep:
 
@uva55
How has work been today? I twisted my knee bad this morning, but yesterday went pretty well. They had me make copies (something like 2000), so I pulled up a chair and sat at the copier! No solid standing for me! Now I am back "home", in my usual spot, pretending I am doing real work! Oops - gotta go! Everyone is coming back from lunch!
 
Good first day. Good plan for recovery. I hope tomorrow goes as well.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016
LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Well second day down, today seemed a better day than yesterday, knee still gets swollen, but I seem to have a little more energy, I'm home now icing and elevating, and diffusing some relaxing essential oil.

@Tabbycat I think the swelling is going to keep us company for a while, I have a desk job and try to walk around every hour so, and elevate the best I can, I have 3 ice packs at work and use them :)

@birdwatchr I'm sorry you twisted your knee, I hope you didn't hurt yourself. I am actually feeling much better than I thought I would, keeping fingers crossed!!

@sistersinhim I slept like a baby last night, I was exhausted, I guess that's a good thing, but 4:30 a.m came too soon, ughhhhh

@PolarBear60 i must say I had a pretty good day, my knee has been behaving much better than I thought it would!
 
It seems like you are doing very well. I'm happy you are able to sleep last night. Hopefully that will be your pattern from now on. I hate getting up early too. It's 4:15 am for me. :alarm:
 
Knee calmed down after a while. Thought I was going to have to call Dr to see if I messed it up any. And of all things, it happened right behind the principal! I don't think she remembers I was having surgery, and I'm kind of keeping it quiet. So I told her it just needed to get reoriented. It's getting iced down now. Tomorrow will be more normal, then Thursday is our sneak a peek night. I'll probably be in a lot of achy pain on friday. I put some prescription pain killers in my lunchbox just in case. So far, so good.
 
That is wonderful news! Maybe if I got up at 4:30 I could sleep better. Sorry, no way. I admire your fortitude. I've done nothing and my knee is still stiff and slightly swollen. You are doing great. :wowspring:
 
@Floridagal I can't wait unto I can retire, I am Soooooo tired of getting up so early, but I don't want to work 5 days so I will do this a little longer:)
 
I go to work at 6, too, take a half hour lunch and am done at 2:30. I love those hours because I can zip into work and leave with enough time to either workout or run errands and still be able to cook dinner. It's great!

But yes, I'm daydreaming of retirement, too.

I'm glad you're doing well at work!
 
@dianehelen it actually has not been as bad as I thought:yay:

I'm counting the hours until Friday, but I offered to take two of my grandsons to their doctor on Friday, my daughter has a last minute mandatory meeting at work, she didn't ask, but I felt bad, this doctor is hard to get an appointment with, it's in St Petersburg at 8:15 a.m. I love you see my grandkids, but does it have to be so early????:bored:
 
You made it! Way to go. :wowspring:
I hope you tuck in early and sleep well.
 
Back
Top Bottom