TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

@kathyrose you may want to copy your comment on your recovery thread so that you can get the proper answers /help.

The first few days after surgery are rough, I also suffered from nausea after my surgery and I know how difficult that is.

Make sure to rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds as scheduled, always...things will get better!!!

I hope you feel better soon :flwrysmile:
 
You can whine all you want. That's what we're here for! Just be sure to not do a thing else but work! Let hubby take over for you.
 
Ok, I'm on my lunch break, knee is not in pain but it is getting tight...I have been elevating as much as I can, and icing.:flabber:

I will be cancelling the PT appointment scheduled for after work...WHAT WAS I THINKING, :what: it's not time to take the superwoman cape out yet...:bawl:
 
I'm at lunch too. Skip PT and just go home and do nothing. Only 4 more hours in my 11 hour day.
 
Just checking in to see how you were doing, and see you are at lunch. Guess the ottoman you brought, is working ok? Glad you are getting thru the day, and Yes go RIGHT home and do NOTHING!

Hang in there and YES you ARE superwoman!

Whats for lunch? :)
 
@dianehelen wanna join??? Lol

certamente! :) yo llevar el vino, blanco o roja?

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
Working is enough pt in itself! Do you have a long commute? Is there usually a lot of traffic? It sounds like you're doing OK. When you get home, let hubby treat you like a queen! You have earned it!
 
Yep, go home, ice, elevate and rest. I did nothing in the evenings when I back to work. Don't cook either! Let someone else cook or pick up something on the way home.
 
I made it!!! Ten hour says have never seemed so lonnnnnng, I'm jot in pain, knee a little swollen and tight but better than I expected.

@sistersinhim my commute is 30 min each way, but I work 6:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m so the traffic is not bad.

I'm not cooking, hubby picking something up on the way home.

Already icing...I iced all day, the elevation I can do in the office is not as good as home, but oh well.

@dianehelen I am having red, I already have a bottle open, I earned it today, it was a very bz day!!!
 
Glad your day was tolerable! Sounds like you're doing all the right things in light of the not-so-wonderful situation.

Next week, I'll start back to school for inservice. I called my principal today and reminded him that next Friday will only be a month, and I will need to play things by ear. He was completely understanding. I want to save my energy for when the students arrive on the 22nd.

Thanks for sharing your journey...and your coping skills! AKA Wine! Haha!


Katrina
Two ACL surgeries on left knee (March 2001 & May 2006)
RTKR ---15 December 2015
LTKR--- 12 July 2016
 
I'm glad you made it through your day. Enjoy your evening you certainly deserve it!
 
Clara, I was thinking about you today. I'm glad you survived your first day back.

And omg, wine sounds sooooooooooooo good! /whiningAboutLackOfWine
 
So glad your first day back went well and you were able to ice and elevate. You are amazing...can't believe you are having to go back, but I know you have to. It was so sweet that you posted a lunch break post to keep us informed. Enjoy a restful evening with ice, elevation, and WINE. Hope tomorrow goes just as smoothly.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom