TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Don't worry about pt, especially at first. You'll be so tired after a full day of work pt would exhaust you. I love having an exercise bike in the house, but don't be surprised if you're too tired to ride at first. Hope you get some sleep tonight.
 
I, too, enjoy my bike. Is yours an upright or a recumbent? Mine is a recumbent. I tried Marilyn's upright a couple of weeks ago and really hurt myself. When I up on the upper stroke, the peddle just fell down quickly without me being in control. It hurt a lot. I've not been back on it. I have finally reached 10 minutes on the recumbent and am going forward! It took a while, but I got there! Which ever one you got, I know you'll enjoy it. Times go by really quickly sitting in front of the TV and riding at the same time.
 
Hubby keeps hoping on the lottery! I think he wants to retire more than me!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My youngest said she is going to start buying me some lottery tickets so I can retire and just enjoy life. I'll throw a big bonesmart party if I do!:rotfl:
 
I'm sure it's the thought of work keeping you from sleeping well. It's a big change with uncertainty about how your knee will do.

I have my road bike on a trainer. It's more challenges to get on (I have a stool), but I can't wait until I can. The bike shop but flat pedals on it so it'll be easier to get on and off.
 
At first I had a regular exercise bike that stood high and I needed a stool to get on it after my TKR. That one is now in the fruit cellar and the recumbent is in the family room. I ride 5 miles in 30 minutes a day now and try to go fast because I'm not adding residence due to my gimpy left knee.

I have no idea how to play the lottery. Someone gave me a scratch off lottery ticket for a ritrement gift and it's still in the envelope because I don't know if you're supposed to scratch a certain number off or all of them. I can't find any directions. I could be a big winner and not know it!
 
Hey, sounds great. It's illegal but I could pack a bunch into my RV. :)
 
Well we didn't win the lottery :bawl:

I slept well last night...can't make any promises tonight, the mind is going to be on high alert:flabber:.

My husband went with me by the office to drop off the ottoman I bought to lift my leg, and a case of water. At least my desk is not piled high to the ceiling, I guess that's good!!!:shrug:

I hope everyone had an amazing Sunday :flwrysmile:
 
ohhh @uva55 tomorrow is your big day back at work huh? aweee, hope you do ok, but if not, Im sure you will speak up for yourself, take it easy and hope it all works out ok.
 
Good luck back at work. Don't forget a cooler with a couple of ice packs (and your lunch). Try to walk around a little every hour or so. BTW I didn't win either so I'm guess I'm going to work tomorrow too!:alarm:​
 
You're the 2nd BoneSmartie heading back to work tomorrow. Take it easy and don't be surprised if you're tired tomorrow evening.
 
Good luck tomorrow, Clara! I hope it goes well.

Have a glass (or two!) of wine ready for tomorrow night.
 
I am 3 days post op tkr replacement. I have never been this sick. I can't eat, drink, therefore I am having a terrible time taking any pain meds. I have a nausea patch behind my ear and a phenagrin suppository but does not seem to be working. This is the worst part of the whole surgery. Just being so sick all day and night. Someone tell me this is normal. I wish I would have stayed in the hospital longer.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. As Diane mentioned, please start a thread and we can help you. Here's the link: https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/knee-replacement-recovery-area.9/create-thread
 
Back
Top Bottom