TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

@Suz I haven't seen you around...how are you doing??? I hope all is well!
 
Your scar does look awesome @uva55, Clara! You'll be shocked at how the healing of it will take off now! One day I looked at it was like yours- the next, there are a couple of places in mine you can't even tell an incision was once there! You're on your way now-!!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
@Suz are you putting anything on your scar, OS said I could use Mederma after 6 weeks, I bought the one with 30 spf.
 
At about 7wks I started putting CeraVe right on my scar. Up until then I used it all around the incision site because my skin was so dry. I'm convinced it's erasing my scar.. LOL!

I don't know if you've ever used this moisturizing lotion before or not but it's miraculous! Keeps my 60yr old feet, (specifically my toes that are ALWAYS exposed), looking in their 20's, LOL!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
I bought Scar Gel from Walgreens. You are suppose to put it on 3-4 times a day. I do it once if I remember. I think the scar is my "red badge of courage." I'll have to check out CeraVe for my feet!
 
@uva55 I agree your scar looks excellent. Thanks for the two pics. I look forward to sending you an "after" pic when the scab falls off.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Suz I ordered it on Amazon, my feet always get dry and I even have regular pedicures, except now, and I even do my own scruby thing In the shower to keep them smooth, can't wait to try it!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Clara,
Your scare looks great! Did you have a minimally invasive incision? mine it pretty short as well and that's what I was told I had. My OS said to message VITAMIN E OIL on the incision.... it has really helped minimize the scaring and speed the healing for me.
I had to laugh at your post about the shopping trip, turning on the AC full blast and chugging down a cold coke is something I done a few times already :heehee:
 
@Majella my OS said, I could use vitamin E, he said to pierce a capsule, or triple antibiotic cream or Mederma, I am using the Mederma 30 spf, twice a day, my scar is feeling less puffier, I'm sure it's going to take a while...it really doesn't bother me much, like others said it's my badge of honor but if I can reduce it some, then that's even better :)
 
My PTs used Palmers Cocoa Butter to massage my scar. I am now addicted to it and buy the huge jar, mostly using it on my feet daily now.
 
So last night my knee was achy all night, I don't know why, I didn't do anything to provoke that behavior, I even iced and elevated through the day but I did not get any sleep...I'm very tired today :zzz:

Now that I'm going back to work :tantrum: I'm not sure how often I can make it to PT, so I figured having an excercise bike would be nice, we bought one today.:upright:

That may be another reason I couldn't sleep, thinking about work, I feel like I'm going to the gas chamber :yikes:

I hope everyone had a great day today and an even better one tomorrow :loveshwr:
 
I'm so sorry you had a bad night. It is so strange how our knees will do what they want to do when they want to do it! No explanation at all. It just misbehaves. I am sure going back to work is weighing heavily on your mind. I don't know how you can do it. I couldn't handle working yet, and you are behind me in time out. Of course, you are younger and it sounds like in better shape than I am, so you just might be OK. I pray you will. Me, and a whole lot of other people on this forum! We are all family.
 
Don't worry about getting any exercise in especially during your first days back at work. I found myself exhausted and I just wanted to come home and do nothing at all but ice, elevate and sleep. As time goes by you will be able to add more activities to your day. I still find that occasionally I still have a day when I am so tired that I do nothing at all.
 
You and me both! Except that my thought was the guillotine! Hopefully we will have good days. My biggest concern is when my back needs the relief from the pressure and I've got to go lay down. I can handle being awake if I get some sleep.
 
Back
Top Bottom