TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I'm sure your normal appetite will come back soon. It took me quite a while after my first surgery to get my taste for food back. I would eat one or two things and couldn't deal with anything with any spice to it.
 
Oh, my! My appetite is back strong. As soon as I stopped taking Tramadol it came roaring back. Of course, I still could live on ice cream and pizza. :)
 
Clara, I went through a similar phase starting around 5 or 6 weeks. Certain smells made me nauseated. I had to change cleaning products, even the dish soap nauseated me. It was strange, I had no explanation for it, and could eat only simple, bland foods. It's mostly gone now, but it was strange. I went to the store and literally had to smell every product before I bought it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Well I'm back home, it was nice to get away, but as far as vacations I think it's the worst one I've had ever....when you are not 100%, being around really loud people is not so much fun, this place is always packed in July so it was LOUD, I really could only come down in the evening due to the heat. My hubby felt guilty, even though I always encouraged him to do the things he enjoys, he has been awesome through all this he needed a vacation, maybe from me??? Lol

It may sound crazy but I'm glad to be home....I only had 2 glasses of wine all week because I didn't even want it, there is something definitely off with me. Haha:scare:

Here is a picture of today at breakfast with our friends... @dianehelen if you have not been to Sage Cafe in North Reddington Beach, you have to try it.
 
I can understand about it being the worst vacation even. When you don't feel good and are weak, there's no place like home. You were so unselfish to do that for your husband and father! Just look forward to your next time away. You will be 100% then and have a ball! I loved your photo from this morning.
 
Cruise in January anybody? First cruise get together for TKR people! Lots of sunscreen for the knees!
 
@uva55 - cute photo! I'm sorry your vacation wasn't satisfying for you. It does make sense that things we usually enjoy aren't enjoyable when we're not feeling well. I hope that your appetite and taste for wine comes back. Especially the wine!

:cheers: here's to feeling better! (pretend they're wine glasses :))
 
:wowspring: Heck yes, I'm in! That would be amazing! All of us recovering knee people. What a hoot! @Tabbycat a long trip for you but what a blast.
 
IM IN!!! but it may be a while till I can do that ;)

Sage Cafe

Nope have not been there. We usually dont get that far up north on the beach, but it may be worth a trip. There are soo many cool places from st pete beach to clearwater, its just such a nice area..

I told you, when we were there I noticed the intense crowds too, which I dont care for either. i dont like waiting for a table at a restaurant and I dont like crowded beaches. It really seemed just teeming with people. We went up to Johns Pass one night and it was just packed. We waited a bit at Bubba Gumps, and it was great, but I really hate waiting.. It should calm down once school starts, but I will be sitting in Orlando with ice by then. Hopefully we ALL feel better in the future...

Welcome home, sorry the vacation lacked a bit, but at least you had a change of scenery for a bit.
 
I'm in, too! Tell me when and where! Hopefully, ole lefty will be behaving itself and I can hold it off until afterwards. Yippee!, the new knees club meeting and celebrating our new lives!!
 
I'm all for that dip in the fountain of youth! In fact I probably live the closest to St. A. At least we should all get T-shirts with TKR Survivors or something more snappy on it or even an x-ray picture of our new knee. What fun! We could all laugh our bought our best, funniest and worst moments. My brother and friend still laugh about how spacey I was in the hospital. It might be a good thing that I remember only a few key moments.
 
I hope I don't jinx myself, I had a pretty good day today...we ate breakfast at home, then my husband wanted to take me for a drive, I needed to get a birthday gift for my best friend and I suggested going to an outlet mall near us, not only did I find a beautiful purse for my friend, but my hubby bought me one for everything I've been through with this surgery, we walked for about 1 1/2 hours, had some lunch, came home, my son, his wife, his two little ones and my dad came over, they are dinner, I was not hungry, but enjoyed the company.

I iced when I got home from the mall, and I'm icing now, but so far my knee is not bothering me, but I'm not taking any chances, I'm icing until bedtime.

This is the most activity I've done in one day, except when my dad was hospitalized.

It felt really good. I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday!!!
 
That's great! I'm so happy you had a wonderful day. You will have many more like it in the years to come.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom