TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

We take our wine, cheese, & chairs and just relax and watch the show. Free, awesome fun

That so reminds me of when my Jeff & I use to ride our golf cart to the point on the Intra-Coastal Waterway. We parked there amongst many others having coctails while watching the sun set-!

By the way @LoveGiants, Julie, -have you seen our new Outlander thread over in the Social area of the forum?! We give you and your graciousness to host our Outlander enthusiasm here for a couple of days- ALL of the credit, HAHA!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
Tonight is red...I do not discriminate between my wines, salud
 
@uva55 ooohhh Clara LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. You look sooo happy. And hubby looks adorable, he drinking yuengling? Yum. So glad you are doing well and having FUN
 
@dianehelen it was too hot today, I went back down at 6:30 and I felt like I was going to pass out...I'm going to pretend like I'm a vampire and only come out at night,lol
 
@Josephine I really don't have pain anymore, I do have stiffness, there is a gentleman, where I go for PT that had his surgery a day after mine, June 14th, I asked him if his knee felt stiff, he said he applies gentle heat and it helps, is it safe and do you think it would really help, many of us have the same complaint, I still ice and elevate frequently during the day, but the stiffness is always there

Thank you :)
 
Ok after seeing everyone's pictures at the beach I'm going to try to get to the NJ shore next week and jump in the Atlantic. I'll bring my personal lifeguard (one of my daughters) but there will be no wine for me as I'll have to drive back home at the end of the day. (3 hour trip). I'm going to get a couple of small bottles for my house so I can toast everyone at the end of the day.

I only used heat over my muscles and not my knee itself. I kept ice on it as much as possible and still do as soon as I get home. I hope you start to lose your stiffness soon.
 
@dianehelen I am sooooo envious, also @uva55
My grandson lives in Tampa and when he got married they rented a beach house around St. Petes, not sure, maybe treasure island (?), for a week for all of our far flung relatives. It was June, 2 years ago. I'd never been to the gulf before and just fell in love with it. The water so warm, the sunsets exquisite, the storms fierce but quick...oh I wish I lived in Florida on the gulf. I know it can get very hot, but there's always a/c. Posting a photo of one of the amazing sunsets, right after a quick storm.....the newlyweds.
I live in the cold northwest, where summer hasn't yet started this year.

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
@mamazipp beautiful picture!!! You are so right the sunsets are beautiful, I have probably seen 1000 and each one is like the first time, I normally don't mind the heat at the beach, I was able to jump in the pool or ocean to cool off, that is not the case this year and I guess my energy is so depleted that it physically made me sick yesterday, I really felt like I was going to pass out, so I can only sit out there after 7:00 p.m. Which I still enjoy with my glass of wine.

I hope you are able to sneak off to the beach even if it's just for the day.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
@mamazipp st pete beach & treasure island beach are neighboring towns. Yes the gulf is just , in my opinion, the best beaches, and lovliest area. Im glad you loved our lovely part of the world. Tho I will say your part of the world is gorgeous. We stayed in Vancouver, BC & Vancouver Island a few years ago in the summer.
 
sunsets are beautiful, I have probably seen 1000


I so agree. That's our favorite time of day. To go sit at waters edge and watch the skies go from dusk to sunset. When we are out there we do that at least twice.
 
Your talk is driving me crazy! I'm going to have to talk my friend into driving to the beach this weekend or at least go swimming in his pool. (a sad substitute) :)
 
@Floridagal Oxy took care of your physical pain, the ocean will heal your soul!!! Hey this sounds like a good slogan for maybe a B&B on the beach, catering to TKR and THR clients.

What do you think???
 
Wow! I like that idea. You could have handicap facilities and pet therapy and lots of wine. Of course there would have to be a lovely sunset every night.
 
@LoveGiants vampires don't age or gain weight, I'm sure they don't have bad knees because they sure can move fast... Where do I sign up? Lol
 
I just caught up on the last two or three pages of your thread, Clara, and I feel like I just went on a lovely waterside getaway! You ladies know how share your vivid beach vacation memories! I totally agree that a TKR rehab facility that doubles as a beachside B&B would be the way to do it!
 
@Happydale and part of the profits could go towards Bonesmart, because this is such an incredible site with so many professionals ready to ease our concerns as needed. I feel that I have made so many friends here.

My husband and I have always wished we could open a B&B...right now I would rather just stay at one and be pampered :)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom