TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
@Suz that's a beautiful picture...@dianehelen I only got my feet wet, but late this afternoon was beautiful, the storm came thru around 3 and it was fast and furious, I enjoyed spending the evening by the ocean, this has always been my stress therapy!!!
 
Whew- that's pure heavenly Clara! What a beautiful sunset! Where are you if you don't mind my asking? I know Diane mentioned Sunset Beach- we have a Sunset Beach on the North Carolina coast! But I'm thinking you are in Florida. I spent a few years down in Ft. Myers- loved hanging out on Sanibel & Captiva Island Beaches and like Diane, LOVED the Gulf Coast! SO Beautiful-!! I'm happy you have some internal therapy time- you certainly have earned it-!! Thank you for your compliment on my sittin' in the creek picture! My late husband took that picture a few months before I lost him to liver cancer in 2011. I wasn't aware he had taken it until a few weeks before he passed. It's very special to me because when he gave it to me he told me that although he would soon be forced to leave my side physically, but he would always be near me spiritually. And he always is! I miss him every single day.. but I'm at peace with it now~!



[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
@Suz I'm so sorry about your husband, what a beautiful memory he left you!!!

We are in N Reddington Beach, Florida, we have a timeshare, one week in July and one week the beginning of December, I actually almost enjoy the week in December more, it's very quiet here then, no kids only people from up north and Europe that also have timeshare, the ocean is cold them but the pool is heated, and the weather is usually warm enough during day, we've had the timeshare for 7 years and we only had one really cold winter that we couldn't get in the water the tourists had no problems with the water temp, we are spoiled, lol
 
@uva55, Thank You! My late husband was the Director of Engineering for a coastal county and we spent 14yrs right on the coast. We loved it so much when the tourist' were done with Oak Island and we had the Island pretty much to ourselves & the locals there! What a big difference! But the ocean is so therapeutic, everyone should experience it when they can! My favorite beach in North Carolina now is Emerald Isle! The water is literally emerald green! We usually go in early spring and late fall when the kids are back in school! And I save all year so we can stay one week ocean front each visit! There is nothing quite like being right on the ocean when waking up in the morning- having your coffee- and enjoying your early evening cocktail to the sound of waves breaking on the shore! Here's a few pics of my favorite beach on Emerald Isle! Can't wait to get back there!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!


[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
@Suz it is breathtaking!!!

Why are we still awake??? I had two glasses of wine, they really relaxed me, I took a shower and now I'm wide awake...it's no big deal I don't have much to do tomorrow bur relax...
 
Haha! I don't know why.. I'm about to try and sleep b/c I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow! I really enjoy my quiet time when Audrey is asleep and I get to sit here and visit with my good BoneSmart friends- like YOU!! = )
 
That's gorgeos @Suz. But those waves are too fierce for me. That's why I LOVE the Florida Gulf Coast.

Just to give you some perspective, this is Florida. I circled the general area in the state where Clara has her timeshare and my beach house. In the close up you can see the area my house is (1) , sunset beach (2) and where clara is North Reddington beach (3). There is a public beach 2 blocks from my house, but we prefer sunset beach, a 5 min car ride. My main house is in Orlando, about an hour & a half from the beach house. We don't go on other vacation, so we have this house for our little getaways where we can take our dogs.

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
Oh and as you saw :-) we have awesome sunsets. This is from last Thursday I think it was. We take our wine, cheese, & chairs and just relax and watch the show. Free, awesome fun


[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
@Suz it is breathtaking!!!

Why are we still awake??? I had two glasses of wine, they really relaxed me, I took a shower and now I'm wide awake...it's no big deal I don't have much to do tomorrow bur relax...

Oh I miss my glass of wine!!! Still on pain meds though! Soon... very soon!
 
You are making me yearn for the ocean or Gulf. I love the water so much and am stuck in the middle of the state. At least I can enjoy it vicariously through your gorgeous pictures.
 
I am so envious! I'm stuck here in the flat land of central VA. We have beaches a couple of hours away, but this time of the year they are so crowded you can't enjoy yourself. I have a cute 16' Scamp fiberglass camper that we usually take either to Shenandoah National Park or a local state park. I have reservations for mid September. I should be able to enjoy it by then! My folks had a cottage at Nags Head that I grew up with, but now it's gone so commercial that it's not enjoyable like it was when I was a kid. No matter where we can get away to, I can't wait to be well enough to enjoy it!
 
I love the beach photos! So beautiful. I love the beach so much. We have cold water here in Northern California, but the Doodle approves :dogsniff:

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I'm already looking forward to a glass of wine, or a tall glass of stout :cheers:
 
@sistersinhim you are doing amazing in your recovery, just think how much better you will be by September. We all need a little get away after going through this!!!
 
@LoveGiants the beach is the best medicine for the soul :)

It really is. I can sit there for hours just watching and listening to the surf. We have an off-leash beach near us and we like to take Dakota because she can run free and have fun. I can't wait to go back and walk it!
 
@LoveGiants it is so hot 97 and it says it feels like 107, I went out for about 30 minutes and had to come back, I guess the lack of energy makes me feel like I'm going to pass out in the heat, I told my husband I would join him around 6:30. Wow, I so miss getting in the water, I feel like a a small child that has been punished, lol
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Suz
That is hot! You'll be back in the water and with better knees to enjoy it. But I completely understand how you feel—it's so hard to be there and not able to get in. It's like being on time-out :rotfl:.

I feel the same about the heat. I don't like it all, but even less now. I have the AC set to 72 and the ceiling fan flying. My husband is so patient with me.
 
@LoveGiants when I ice I get cold and turn up the thermostat, my husband gets really happy, like you I normally keep it on 72 and ceiling fans going, poor guy has to sleep wearing sweats, haha
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom