TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

We all do what we need to do to live a happy productive life. You have certainly had your plateful of stress. I'm glad there is something out there that helps!
 
@dianehelen I like your picture, you look very pretty... Hay even my energy level is improving, maybe this is the magic change @Suz has mentioned that happens at 5 weeks...I sure hope it is!!! I'm feeling good today:happydance:

Have a great time as well:loveshwr:
 
Thanks, and yay that you are feeling better. It's the beach, everything is better at the beach.

Go take a field trip to Mazzarros :-)
 
Clara, it was awesome to read about your sleep - amazing how that is a huge victory.:yes!::yay: I have been sleeping so much better for a while now but still wake several times during the night aware of needing to switch sides (I think that's because of that pain I still have in that one spot) but I fall right back to sleep. Hopefully now you are on the other side and your sleep patterns are going back to normal. :)
 
I slept all night, on the left side, right side, even on my stomach. Last night I didn't take the Xanax and slept like a baby, I'm so HAPPY, this is such victory.

AWE Clara- I'm SO happy to hear you have crossed the hurdle out of the first, what I call, 'raw pain stage'! That's wonderful!!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

In your post you said, 'I don't know what happened', that's EXACTLY the experience I had! It's hard to explain but just like that the raw pain was gone-! Like it removal sneaks up on you, one day it's there, the next it's not! I like to think of it as a reward for our hard work during the first weeks of recovery! I have never felt pain in my knee since- only a little stiffness when I'm on it too long.

You'll find you want to do all sorts of things now that the raw pain has ceased but I still get energy drains, especially when I don't pace myself and drink water. But yeah, enjoy your new freedom and I can't think of a better place to celebrate than at the coast!

I'm SOOOO Happy For You!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
Clara, that sounds so good. Sleeping in any position you want is a huge step forward! I envy you. I'm still most of the time on my back because of knee pain on my sides. Sometimes I can make it an hour or two on my side, but that's all. But, that's better than it was just a couple of weeks ago! I pray you continue to get your wonderful, recuperative sleep every night and enjoy your beach! I'd love the ocean in my back yard right now. It is a steam bath out there!
 
@Suz I want you to know that I thought of what you said, that it just happens.
Friday night I had such a bad night that I woke up in a panic attack, then Saturday I slept, OK maybe my friend zanax helped, but last night it was great...keeping fingers crossed!!!

@LFitz good sleep does help, I do wake up to switch sides, but go right back to sleep!

@sistersinhim soon you'll get a full night also, you are almost there, it is very hot here also!
 
Wow! It looks really good! It looks like just a few more places to heal and then you can get in the ocean! Wish I was there. Mine's finally healed and I can get in there, but alas, it's two hours + away from me!
 
Beautiful knee! Just remember that healing is still taking place inside. I got over-confident and paid the price. Enjoy those wonderful healing ocean breezes. I am happy for you.
 
@Floridagal don't worry I know just how quickly things can go wrong, it's like these knees have PMS, lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, that's the best description I've heard yet! But, instead of a few days a month it's a few days a week!
 
Ah, lucky those who live in Florida and can go to the beach. I love Florida. Enjoy the healing ocean air and the sea, for those of you who can go in. Here the water is probably 50 degrees. Don't know for sure but it's for looking at only...unless you are a kid...they don't care.
 
Sleep! What a wonderful word. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait for my day. I know it's coming though so that helps. Sweet dreams!


Diane
RTKR 7/12/16
 
Whoa Clara! So thrilled to hear you are sleeping comfortably in a bed. And on your side no less. I can't do that yet but you encourage me to keep trying. You have been such a gentle and supportive voice for all of us here so I feel you deserve super healing and progress to the max. I know you are worried about returning to work soon. That's a big pressure. I hope it will go smoothly. But if it's stressful I also hope you will listen to your body and practice self care. Lord knows I remind myself of that every day. All the best to you.
 
@Barnmom22 if I'm able to sleep at least that makes going back to work a little less scary, not sleeping,achy and working is not a good combo!
 
I still have not been able to sleep comfortable in my bed and I'm coming up on one year since my original surgery. I like to sleep on my side and I find that I get very uncomfortable and toss and turn all night and wake up hurting all over. Hopefully one day I'll get there too.
 
@newlybionic I actually hated bedtime and got myself all worked up before going to bed, and at the first sign of discomfort I was going to the recliner, here at the beach, we have a one bedroom with a sleeper sofa which my dad was using, since I knew that the bed was my only option, I took a xanax and that relaxed me enough so that I could sleep the first night, that gave me the confidence to go to sleep last night. The mind is a powerful thing, and this new knee has given me so many insecurities as to what I can and cannot do, that sometimes at the first sign of discomfort I don't want to push it further.lets. Let's see how it goes tonight.

Have you tried asking your doctor for something to help you sleep? I only started taking Xanax almost two ago when my mom passed away, I don't use it much, but it does relax me enough when I'm super stressed without feeling drugged. A year without good sleep is a long time.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom