TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I think you did right by not going to the hospital today. After your day yesterday, you needed a day of rest. I will be praying for your quick recovery so it won't be so bad when you have to go back on the 1st. It's such a good thing your boss gave you and extra week and will work with you.
 
Well I'm hoping my dad gets to go home tomorrow...I had physical therapy today, then went to the hospital until 8:00 P.M. My knee feels like I went back in time at least two weeks...long day, but the important thing is that he is doing really well!!!
 
I'm glad your dad is doing better. You've put in a long day so try to get some rest tonight.
 
Glad to hear your dad is doing much better - hope he can come home soon. Guess we will both be going back to work on the same day! I'll be thinking of you. At least we have 2 more weeks.
 
Once your dad gets home and settled, then you need to get some much needed rest and recuperation. You have had an awful few days. I pray you get back to where you need to be really quickly.
 
@sistersinhim that's the plan, my son is going to stay with my dad and my sister is also on dad duty, my husband and I are going to our timeshare at the beach as of Saturday, I can't go in the water but I can relax listening to the waves, that's what I call stress therapy. I'll only be 40 minutes away in case I'm needed.

I really feel like my recovery has regressed, but this is life!!!
 
Clara enjoy the beach, there's nothing like listening to sound of waves on the beach to calm the soul. I'm glad your dad is getting home today and remember you are only a phone call away. I think the trip to the beach is very much needed.
 
imeshare at the beach as of Saturday


I'm sad that you are having a bit of a progress stall :-(. I hate to call it a downturn, . Hope your dad comes home and feels good.

Have fun at the beach. You'll be just 15 minutes down the road, or the Blvd, as in Gulf Blvd, from our beach house where we are this week in st pete beach. It's been sooo hot. We will probably attempt Sunset Beach tomorrow if we can get our lazy butts up and out early. I've also been having a bit of a rough week with a flair up of my piriformis, which concerns me as it's the same side as my TKR next month. Seems a tad better today. Hope you are comfortable in a different "nest" , but maybe change of 4 walls may be a good diversion. Shame ya cant add wine ;-) , maybe sub your Tylenol arthritis for the oxy for a day or so, and sneak in a glass or two'

Do you ever go to Bubba Gumps on Johns Pass? That's usually one of our food places to hit.
 
Have a great time and rest at the beach. I'm glad your dad is doing well. Take it easy and try to relax. So sorry you have to go back to work so soon though.
 
Beach therapy! That sounds heavenly. I *love* the sound of the waves and can sit for hours listening to it. I hope it helps your spirit and knee. I'm so glad to hear your dad is coming home and you have family to help.
 
Dad is home...my son is taking over so I can go home and rest.

@dianehelen we don't go out much when we are there, I hate to waste one minute, sometimes we go out to breakfast. I hope you feel better soon!
 
That sounds so relaxing! I pray you have a wonderful, refreshing time. Don't forget your ice!!
 
Well after a few rough and challenging days, I iced and elevated yesterday afternoon and evening and woke up feeling much better, I was really worried yesterday thinking that I had lost some ground on my healing. I will still take it slow today, just in case. I even cancelled my PT, I didn't want to take a chance and anger the knee, I feel like I should name my knee, she sure has a mind of her own and is calling all the shots...I have to think of an interesting name. Hmmm!!!
 
I'm glad you are feeling better. That's a great idea to name the knee. Maybe we should all give that a try. Maybe I'll call mine Lady Mary (Downton Abbey) because she has a mind of her own and doesn't listen to me but does what she wants. :loll:
 
There were several people on the forum in the past that named them. I could never come up with one though for the old new knee. Since I was part of the July sparklers of last year I just referred to it as a dud!

A day of rest will do wonders after all the activity you have been doing lately. How is your dad doing now that he is home?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom