TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Oh Clara, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I was concerned about you. All your knee wanted was your undivided attention! It just wanted lots of rest. I hope your weekend is a good one.
 
Clara, I like to personify my knee too, although she's still nameless. I now think of my right knee as a new employee that joined the team of my body. She has a lot to learn, and all the other parts have to learn how to get along with her. They've all had 60 years of togetherness and bonding, so naturally, it will take some work for the newcomer. The other parts think the new hire is a bit artificial, and even lazy! She doesn't even know how to bend much, and after all, what good is a knee that can't bend? My left knee was ready to give notice before my surgery, but now she has revved up into high gear when she saw what happened to her old right friend. Lefty is now much less swollen and grumpy than she has been. I'm hoping she'll stay with the "company" at least a couple more years before retirement. I've had to deal with complaints and protests from many other staff members (body parts) over the last month - the back, hips, thigh, digestive system, etc. I finally starting to tell each new complainer to take a number! Hopefully with more staff development, we'll both have highly functional "teams" working in harmony soon!
 
@Happydale that's great, I love it, haha

I'm really going to come up with a name...it has to be a good one, I'm going to hive some thought!!!
 
@Happydale, I love your body parts conversations! That was really fun reading! @uva55, Good idea, I think I'll try and come up with a name for my new member, too.
 
Clara, what a creative post and it really tells it like it is! I was thinking about the name for my knee (Lady Mary) and remembered that she was happen in the end! I hope all of our knees learn to work with the other body parts and they all live together happily ever after.
 
Clara, are you feeling any better today? I sure hope so. Get yourself plenty of rest.
 
Clara, have a wonderful time at the beach for your vacation. Take it easy, but have fun too :-) . The whole area is really busy, crowded over here... We just came home from a drive all the way from st pete beach, to clearwater all the way up gulf Blvd. Just teeming with people having fun
 
@sistersinhim, @dianehelen we haven't left home yet, my husband had to finish a job, but to say that it's taking me an eternity to pack it's an understatement, I should have started last week, hehe

The weather is starting to get ugly here, ughhh
 
It's not too bad on the beach side. Toyed with storms a bit, but seems to be clearing now. Hope you are on the way :-)

We just got back from a little trip to Fresh Market & Trader Joes. Food Theme parks for grown ups :-)
 
We just got here, I feel like I was packing all say, I'm exhausted.

Nice breeze outside!!!
 
Enjoy yourself! I really miss the beach. I haven't been one the beach in NJ for three years now. I'm hoping I can jump in the Atlantic the next time I get down to see my dad. The water was warm today! 68 degrees! I bet that's cold for the rest of you!
 
Clara, just catching up. Good news about your Dad. Hopefully you can rest and recharge. There's nothing like the ocean to bring a little peace into your life. Breathe in that fresh healing air!

:happydance:
 
@dianehelen @sistersinhim @TML @newlybionic Thank you guys...just finished the grocery store run, I'm icing for a while, then I'll go down to catch the ocean breeze, we brought my dad with us us for two days to break his routine, it's funny because the both of us are on the same speed, haha...so I guess I'm like an 86 year old right now. :old:

The water temp does not matter much to me, I cannot get in yet :(
 
Oh no, that's right, you can't get it wet. Bummer. But, you can still sit back and relax with your day and have your glass of wine! Have fun!
 
I'm SO, SO, SO, happy to report that I can now sleep in either side even on my stomach, I don't know what happened. Friday nigh I had a horrible night, I even woke up at 3 a.m. with a panic attack and I vowed never again to sleep in bed (you say lots of stupid things when you are having a panic attack). Well I don't have a recliner here at the beach, my dad is sleeping on the sofa bed, so I have no choice but to sleep in bed, Saturday I was actually getting myself all worked up, so I took a Xanax, I slept all night, on the left side, right side, even on my stomach. Last night I didn't take the Xanax,,and slept like a baby, I'm so HAPPY, this is such victory.

This my disclaimer, I only started taking Xanax almost two years ago, when my mother was diagnosed with stomach cancer June 2014 and passed away 13 weeks later, I took a leave of absence and basically moved in with my parents and took care of her, I needed a little help at the time to cope and Xanax was very helpful, I only use it as needed now, and with being my dads care giver I do need it once in a while. Believe or not with this knee adventure this is the first time I used it because it was a full blown panic attack, I felt like I couldn't breath and wanted to go running at the same time.

It's funny how we can bare our souls on this page and be ok with it, I only shared this with my hubby, because he is very supportive and understanding, but usually no one else, for some reason it makes me feel weak, which I know is nonsense.

So everyone go rent a room at the beach, take a Xanax, after all what's one more pill and sleep like a baby:sleeep:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom