TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I still have some scabs so I can't touch my scar yet. And if I could I probably wouldn't. It's too sensitive. Very good that you have a pt that you know and that is gentle with you. Your range is good! I hope you sleep better tonight!
 
I read on another thread that you rode the bike. Were you able to go around frontwards? I haven't achieved that yet. Just backwards. It seems to be less painful that way.
 
Clara I just now have been able to go around backwards on my bike. Have to sort of lift my left bum cheek a little to get it to go around the revolution hehe but it's a victory so I'll take it. Congrats on your ROM


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@LFitz anything that we can do today that we were not able to do yesterday is a victory in my book. I actually didn't hurt after PT, I was tired and took a nice afternoon nap, but not in pain.
 
Forward!! Wow, you are amazing! I agree with you and @Litz. Everything new we accomplish is a victory! One baby step at a time!
 
@LFitz
That is how I did the bike! I told them I was cheating - they said they didn't care, as long as I tried it! Then I could actually do it, and then I could go forward. I don't mean all in one day, it took a few times on the bike over a period of several days. Now I can pedal fairly easily - I told them I will be a speed demon soon!
 
@LFitz @sistersinhim @birdwatchr like so many here say, we have to crawl before we can walk, we may all take different paths, but what counts is that we will all get to the same destination, it doesn't matter if we ride our bikes forwards or backwards :upright:
 
You're so right. Our journeys will end at the same place. How and when we get there shouldn't matter as long as we do get there. It's disheartening to see those that have come after me reaching goals before I do, but that's why we shouldn't be comparing our trips! I'm sure I had lots of damage inside after 5 previous surgeries on this knee. I just thank God that I'm able to walk! My successes will come at my knee's time, not mine!
 
I've asked my cousin about her sister in law's TKR. I try not to compare myself to her! But it is hard. She had hers a year ago and still has problems with steps. She also joined a gym to do the exercises. Not sure I want to do that. I would think I would overdo it big time, even if I did have the time and money to go.
 
@sistersinhim I think you are doing amazing in your recovery, you have had many victories and should be very proud of them. I'm sure that you as well have reached some goals sooner than others ahead of you, we all have things that we exceed at and some that we have to work harder to achieve.

Our problem is that we are tired of doing very little, and when we think we are feeling better and try to do a little more our knees remind us to slow down, but every day we are getting stronger and getting closer to the finish line, and along the way we found Bonesmart a place where we can get great advice from professionals like Josephine and Celle, a safe place to vent, share our successes, our goals and made friends along the way.

@birdwatchr we can't compare ourselves to others, each one of us has a different part in this movie. Sometimes other health problems contribute to how we well we do with our recovery, I suffer from degenerative disc disease, and with all the pain meds it has not been much of an issue, but at times it acts up and I end up with heating pad on my back and ice pack on my knee, lol, but others don't have to deal with back issues.
 
You are so right. I'm just having another down day and am not looking at the successful sides I've been having. I want to get out and do something beside sitting in a car or riding in a motorized cart at the store! I need to go to the store and pick up some of that patience!
You are doing remarkable and with your back problems you never complain! You are an inspiration to so many of us! Keep up the good work!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

@sistersinhim don't even bother looking in Amazon, I checked, they are all out of patience also, haha

Look I found something perfect for us :)
 
LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Clara, I really appreciate you posting about your activities. I've concluded after reading your comments and those of others, I've been taking it a bit too easy! I ate dinner with my two feet on the floor last night, and I think that did me in! I plan to try to move around a bit more. I just wanted you to know you are motivating me!

One other thing - my back is sore and I don't even have back problems. I believe it's because I'm not moving around normally. Maybe it's hunching over, not sitting up straight, or just not moving around enough, but it's not easy on the back!
 
@Happydale this is certainly not easy not the entire body, I spend so much time on my recliner that I'm afraid it's going to swallow me up one day, haha

Sleeping on my back is killing me, my neck hurts, my glutes hurt, I'm one big pain, lol

You are also doing great, I also enjoy reading about your victories
 
I read your comment in someone else's thread that you're weren't feeling well. How are you now? You didn't overdo, did you? It is so easy to do! I pray you're feeling better!
 
@sistersinhim I woke up very tired, and I actually sleep last night, I was nauseous, was only able to eat one piece of toast and 1/2 cup of coffee, thought about cancelling PT but ended up going, I explained how I felt and she gave me easy excercises and a massage to that felt amazing. When I left felt tired but I was not in pain, nausea was gone.

Had lunch out with hubby, came home, took meds, iced,elevated and slept for approximately 3 hours, I feel much better now.

Tomorrow will be a better day :good-bad:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom