Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

@dianehelen I want to to stop hoping and tell yourself "that's where I'm go in to be at 2 weeks after my surgery " positive thinking is half the battle. And even though some of us are doing pretty good, we have had our "not so pleasant moments", but I just looked at them as the price I have to pay now in order to have a much better life later.

Diane, I keep telling you, you've got this, and you have us to cheer you on, and believe me having BS has helped me so much, you know, you have been part of this family much longer than me.
 
You are such a sweetheart, Clara.. we REALLY have to meet someday, we live too close not too.

I registered for my pre op class, its for 7/12, so its starting to get close and feel real.
 
Clara, you're so right. That first week I wondered if I was crazy for doing what I had just done to myself! When my doctor walked into the exam room yesterday the first thing he asked was if I hated him! I told him no, but it hadn't been any fun. It will get better week by week. What a difference in this week and two weeks ago for me!
 
Step by step we start adding 'normal' things to our lives. Unfortunately I still can't seem to add night time sleeping! This has been going on for almost a year!
 
Yes, and I'm another one that's up in the wee hours of the morning. Come on good sleep!
 
@newlybionic and @sistersinhim same here, I think is because I really can't get in a comfortable position, I also ice at night and it doesn't feel all that great while I'm sleeping :ice:
 
Night was the worst! I began to despise my bed and the arrival of bedtime. I'm sorry you all are experiencing this. Good sleep will come with time.
 
I need to ice during the night, too. After a while I get so chilled that it takes forever for me to get warm again. I haven't figured out which is worse, hurting from not icing or freezing because of icing!
 
@sistersinhim I'm the same way, normally I'm always hot, I keep my air conditioning at 73 and use a fan in the bedroom at night, my poor husband is always freezing, now I have the A/C at 75 and have blankets day and night. So many obstacles we have to overcome in this journey, but they are well worth it!!!

This has nothing to do with our knees, but I hate auto correct...just saying. You should see what my posts say if I don't read it first, sometimes I miss something, but geez it's annoying, not nice for people that are under the influence, haha
 
I'm at the age that I usually have hot flashes. Not so the last 4 weeks! Is it the ice or the after affects of the surgery? Probably both! It's so unusual for me to be cold.
 
Ha! I was wearing a sweatshirt in 90 degree weather. I had my thermostat at 77 and thought this is ridiculous. It is my house and I will be comfortable. The thermostat is now at 80! I am sure that as I become more active and ice less I will adjust downward. At least I am saving money on the A/C!
 
@Floridagal and @sistersinhim husband is very happy he is not freezing anymore, sometimes he even comments that the house is kind of warm, I told him not to grt used to it, and to enjoy it while it lasts, haha
 
When I had my first surgery it was in July. I had a sweatshirt and sweat pants on constantly day and night. I had ice n my knee and a comforter over me too.. AC was set at 75 which I usually would have had at 70. There were days it was 100 degrees and there I was walking in the driveway looking like that!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom