TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

dianehelen, sistersinhim, Suz, I think I was just tired of collecting dust...I'm paying for it a little bit, hopefully my knee will forgive me by tomorrow, I have a busy day, doctor and PT, YIKES :hairpulling:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@dianehelen he has not tried it yet, we got together at my house for my sons birthday, we got takeout Chinese, we always go out to dinner as a family for each of our birthdays. My granddaughter said she can't wait to have some for breakfast tomorrow, I put walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips in mine!!!
 
I love your new photo. You are a beautiful. No wonder your family is! Enjoy that bread; banana and dark chocolate in the same bread! Who would want anything more?
 
Well, went to OS today, they took x-rays and removed the stitches (ouch) my incision looks really good, he said he used plastic surgery stitching method and my scar should look good, he also said the knee looks great on x-ray. He was very happy with 90 flexion and 2 extension, starting out patient PT next week, I cancelled the home PT for this week. He said I should be able to go back to work on July 25th.

He put me back on Gabapentin 300 mg twice a day for 2 weeks, for nerve pain. I see him in 6 weeks.

I'm swollen and sore, took my meds, icing and elevating.
 
I forgot to mention, my OS, said to be carefull with sun with the scar, after incision is completely healed use sun block for 6 months, he also said you can use Mederma to minimize the scar after its healed.
 
You are going back to work very soon after your surgery. While I thought I could do it I didn't have any surgery and am still fighting it at three months out. Even if you have a desk job you still have to do a lot to just get ready and get there, work itself and then getting home and doing anything there you need to do. I was fortunate that I had thirteen weeks short term disability.

I'm glad your OS is happy with how your knee is doing so far and that he gave you some more gabapentin to help with the nerve pain.
 
@newlybionic unfortunately I don't have short term disability, I have to use vacation days, and I'm already a week short, but my boss told me not to worry about it, if for some reason I am not up to going back to work, then I'll see what I can do, I do have long term disability, that I think can kick in after the 6 weeks, but if my OS feels that I should be able to go back to work then I don't know what I can do, well see. I will cross that bridge when I get there.
 
Clara what a great day you had, you must feel relieved to have the stitches out and the gabapentin back in hand. Hope you are resting tonight and that everything settles back down after your appointment. Those can be exhausting.
 
@LFitz it was exhausting, the most I have walked since surgery.

I was so apprehensive about what my doctor's expectations were going to be, but he never pushed on my leg, he just asked that I bend it and straighten it myself, never gave me any numbers that I needed to be at before the next visit, no pressure at all. Thank goodness :)
 
Love your OS! Mine was like that too. I was so afraid that he would push on the knee and he didn't.
 
Who is this doc that you see? I see the doc's PA (who is lovely).
Sounds like you're doing FANTASTIC
 
Today I feel pretty good, I don't have pain, it's more like a discomfort kind of achieness, not so bad.

I actually folded a load of laundry, and washed, dried, and folded another load, it's not much but I feel like I accomplished something.

Time for the afternoon nap...yep, still tired :zzz:
 
I changed my sheets, and washed dried and folded them. While they were washing I sprayed a gallon of vinegar on the walkway where the grass was growing. Then it was nap time. Lunchtime, then nap time again!
 
i find it almost exhilarating to hear you are doing so well, so soon after. I keep hopeing and hopeing I do as well as some of you amazing women here.

Enjoy nap time.. Im about to do same, and I did not have surgery, just folder laundry went shopping, and fed dogs..

ZZZZzzzzzzzz Sweet Dreams!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom