THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE!!!!!:dancy::yes!::happydance::spin:


I slept on my non operated hip for 5 straight hours last night! So that would be St 4 days post op. Now I know you are probably thinking to yourselves "what's the big deal as it wasn't her operated hip!" Yet if I could tell you how much I detest sleeping on my back, my joy would be apparent!!! Better than getting a present that you actually wanted on Christmas morning:wow:
 
Awesome. This is big news and expect that most can share in your excitement. Plus, good night of sleep does wonders on top of the comfort you were able to enjoy
 
@CanukTriMom :wowspring:is right! I was too afraid I would damage something to move from that
awful on the back position for like 4 weeks! :holysheep:
 
@grnplatebrd @MajorHeidi .....Thanks I couldn't get over what a great night sleep I got! My mom, who lives three blocks from our house, is coming for our weekly family supper. Oh yes, she gets to change the dressing but after dinner cause that would just be gross. Luckily for me, my Mom is a retired OR nurse and at 79 is in great health!

This is a very good day!!

Cheryl
 
:yahoo::wowspring:I find your announcement pretty fantastic!! I am 8 weeks out today and still am only good on my non-op side for about an hour max! I imagine some of my trouble might be related to my knee but even still, I do envy you. That is so wonderful that your mother is close enough to give you a hand, enjoy dinner with and have a visit! Enjoy your Sunday dinner :)
 
@Carriemay60 , yes it is great she lives so close to us. After returning to Canada to work as an engineer in ottawa, we want to live very close to my parents as my Dad had non hodkins lymphoma and we wanted him to spend as much time with our son as he could!

Cheryl
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@CanukTriMom You have me curious. My husband is an Aeronautical Engineer and we lived outside of Canada for about 15 years. Where were you?
 
@Carriemay60

I worked Colorado Springs while my husband worked for NASA and then on to Montrey Bay in northern Cali coast where I custom designed and built some money pits for all those rich people. Onsite i am the Construction a Engineer and Project Manager.

I am crossed trained in Civil, Structural, architecture, electrical and Mechanical. My husband took his masters in Electrical Engineering at the Naval Post Grad school in Monterey.
 
@CanukTriMom Man, the dinner conversation at your house would be flying right over my head!! I have enough trouble keeping up with Aeronautical. Our new son-in-law graduated last year from Architecture Technology and is really enjoying it. Hopefully, once they have recovered from the wedding and met a couple of other goals he will return for his degree as he graduated with honors.

We went to Pakistan first to convert Pakistan's military fighters to cargo. My husband took a team of 8 plus him, another manager, 5 wives and our 5 kids and did some local hiring of P.R., etc. Never did a days work in the two years we lived there. The Pakistan government never came up with the money to start the first plane in the end. The company pulled us all out when things got fractious.

We then went to Japan for almost 6 years where he was the in Country Manager to support Japan Airlines & their engineering team for BF Goodrich Aerospace. On to Shanghai for 6 years supporting China Airlines in a similar fashion.

Fascinating life but by the time we got transferred back to Canada only one child was left at home and the others had spread across Canada and the U.S. My only regret, especially now that they are all having children.
 
@CanukTriMom I was thinking of you when I was awake from 3:15am until 5am wondering if you sleeping well again. Tried my side again during that time, no dice. Ugh!
 
@Carriemay60

You know I think the reason I am able sleep on my side is that I had an anterior approach whereas you had a posterior. Meaning that non of the muscles were cut in surgery, my incision is down the front of my hip and 4 inches in length, so if I rolled from my side to my back it wouldn't cause any pain.
 
ANNOUNCEMENT :dancy::spin::egypdance::happydance:

Alright everyone it is that time again! CanukTriMom's weekly update Top Ten List.
These are the top 10 updates with regard to my THR, anterior Method!

  1. Collace and coffee are a good mix -- should be some type of latte at Starbucks named after this combo.
  2. If you get stuck in the turtle position in bed and cannot move, throwing your cane at the bedroom door is perfectly acceptable as a stress reliever and the bonus is someone will come and check on you when the thump is heard.
  3. You know that you are accepting a slow recovery when wearing a bra turns the pjs you are wearing into "lounge wear"
  4. "Lounge wear" is a perfectly acceptable when walking in front of your neighbours house while practising the correct gait.
  5. Socks are not a true necessity, they are the Devil's spawn.
  6. It is entirely possible to live on water and water-based fruits for the first week of your recovery.
  7. Chocolate has powerful calming effects when you, once again, have dropped the TV remote but your grabber is nowhere to be seen.
  8. When doing PT exercises; specific repetition numbers are given for a reason (everyone from the IOD club stand up and be recognized).
  9. Remember that accuracy is not on the list of warranty items for your new raised toilet seat!
  10. Narcotics are not an excuse for a failing memory when you already suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Sh**)

Have a great recovery everyone!!

Cheryl
 
@CanukTriMom, ok, I'm officially :rofsign: and so is hubby! Who else would totally understand your list and sympathize?? Oh, we get it!!

Hey, I'm still using #10 and have no plans to abandon...
 
Glad you are keeping your sense of humor -- and sharing it.

ANNOUNCEMENT :dancy::spin::egypdance::happydance:

Alright everyone it is that time again! CanukTriMom's weekly update Top Ten List.
These are the top 10 updates with regard to my THR, anterior Method!
...
3) You know that you are accepting a slow recovery when wearing a bra turns the pjs you are wearing into "lounge wear"
...

In your circumstances it qualifies as Business Casual.
 
@FLGirl

I sooo love that! Yes I concur....Business Casual! What happens on dress down Friday's? I shudder to think where that would end up?

Cheryl
 
:happydance::loll:@CanukTriMom :rotfl: What a great laugh! Thank you so much for giving me a laugh :) I am particularly partial to the bra taking the "loungewear" to a new level ! I often even skip the bra and just put the recliner in a full recline mode for a similar effect, lol
 
Hi - This is too funny and true!!! i just had a great chuckle reading this!!! Thanks!!
 
@FLGirl

I sooo love that! Yes I concur....Business Casual! What happens on dress down Friday's? I shudder to think where that would end up?

Cheryl

Around our house, "casual Friday" means you can stay in your underwear. No Donald Duck allowed though. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom