Guest viewing is limited

THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops that's the morphine talking.....I was doing my bed exercises and up on the walker with the Physio. Today is the stairs and crutches!
 
Congrats Cheryl!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@MajorHeidi , @ kerfkine, @HerbM, @ puppylove et al.

Updates from Cheryl:

Arrived home last night at supper. Hubby went and got the meds filled. I have been taken everyone's advice with regard to staying ahead of the pain. I have the morphine and Tramadol beside the bed and take it like clock work. Elevating leg is clock work and used big ice pads last night but will get cold therapy machine up and running. @PuppyLove, I get the whole nodding off while typing....thank god for spell check. I wake up to entire lines of drivel being typed! The only things I have difficulty with are getting in and out of bed.....very frustrating and my only restrictions are no posterior flexion, no anterior bridging and no external rotation of the hip and leg.

I know if it hurts you aren't supposed to do it but surely there is some normal aches and pains.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheryl, It must feel great to be home. Get to your favorite spot in your family room in front of the TV ,elevate your leg and ice 24/7. Also make sure you pull all the electronic remotes, cell phone, land line cordless phone if you have one, iPad , picture of water and maybe some fruit to munch on.
Your days will get better, be patient.
Many blessings, Vinnie:cheers:
 
I get the whole nodding off while typing....thank god for spell check. I wake up to entire lines of drivel being typed!

This is funny, I did the same for at least 2-3 weeks I think. My husband says I did it verbally for the first week also; muttered a bunch of nonsense and then promptly fell asleep, lol

If you don't have someone with you all the time to lift your 'log leg' into bed and you don't have a leg lifter, try using a scarf. Loop it around your foot or calf while still sitting on the edge of the bed and use the scarf to slowly lift your leg while keeping your non-op as lined up as possible so your hips stay lined up. It might take a little practice with how early out you are so maybe do some trial runs while you have someone there to spot you. I am very happy for you that you are home!
 
Hi @CanukTriMom - It is very frustrating not being able to lift your leg...thank goodness I had my family helping me the first week (or I would've probably stayed in bed and cried)...They actually found it fun, lifting mom's leg in and out of bed...they were johnny-on-the-spot...by the second week i was able to use a rolled bath towel under my leg to lift it on and off the bed.
 
I have been using my pajama bottoms to lift my leg up and onto the bed. Man I am glad that I worked my abs so hard before my surgery a I use them extensively to move in and out of bed.
 
I have been using my pajama bottoms to lift my leg up and onto the bed. Man I am glad that I worked my abs so hard before my surgery a I use them extensively to move in and out of bed.
Heck yeah my abs are killing me too :-)



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
On the other hand, I getting very creative using my grabber! The cold therapy machine Ossur, that I purchased, has been a great purchase! I will be very happy to sleep on my side! Here's a tip for the constipation....tons of water but you can use Senokot S or Colase. They both work overnight. Yet I really think the water is a huge part of total recovery of this operation.
 
Man I am so tired...all I have planned is tons of sleep for the first week

Cheryl

Make sure you put that in your scheduler -- then go back to sleep. :)

My husband thinks your emotisignature is hilarious -- sort of a forum name rebus.
 
Man I am so tired...all I have planned is tons of sleep for the first week
Yup, read the articles I left for you. All you should be doing is rest, ice, elevate, meds and repeat.
 
Glad you are at home and icing and resting.
Getting out of bed probably was the hardest thing in the first couple days (I had log leg).
Each day it gets better, and you have another day under your belt.
I spent most of the day in a recliner which was pretty comfy.
:chillpill:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom