Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

@71Beetle Hope all is well with you?
[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
 
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not posted for a while. Life has been really busy and I have been trying to catch up. Not that I don't appreciate all of you very much!!!

I went to physio on Thursday. I am still at 103 ROM on my right TKR but have 125 on my left! Still cannot get into my car. The physiotherapist thinks it is more hip issue than knee so has given me even more exercises to do. The exercises are turning into a part time job but if it helps, I will do it!

I will check out other people's threads later but just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I am thinking of you!

@Phil75070 - keep the jokes coming1
 
Anything over 90 will get you "needed" functionality for standing from a seated position and the like. 135 would be considered normal but anything over 120 is just for bragging rights! LOL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I want bragging rights!!! LOL! 90 is not giving me everyday functionality though @Phil75070...sure I can walk bur I cannot bike; I cannot walk downstairs properly and it is work to get up the stairs properly; I cannot drive; I cannot do a ton of stuff that I could do before the surgery. I will give it a year before I start to regret having it done as I do think it will just take time. I just wish I had the same success on the second knee than I did on the first.

How is the rehab on your second surgery going???

@tiredwife - I do see a chiropractor and I go for massage and I do my regular physio...I think time is the big thing. Every day I look for improvement and somedays I find it. Will just keep plugging....

Have a great night!
 
Lisa,
This was Campervans progress with her ROM

92 - 8 weeks post op
105 - 10 weeks
107 - 5 months
110 - 6 months
112 - 7 months
116 - 9 months
119 - 11 months
118 - 1 yr
120 - 1yr 2 months
125 - 1 yr 8 months and still this now at 1yr 10 months

It took her awhile but she got there, and so will you,
 
@71Beetle you are right. 90 only gives you minimum functionality while all of those other things you mention are increasingly capable as one slowly moves through the process to 120+


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@71Beetle I know hubby's hips use to hurt all the time before the TKRs because of the way he was walking. He still gets twinges in his hips once in a while now, but it is a lot better. It will get there, wish I had some advice to help it move along faster, but as you know each knee is different. Hang in there.
 
@tiredwife @71Beetle @Phil75070 @pumpkin

Ok here goes. I have bragging rights. My left knee measured 120 the day after surgery and got to 146 within six weeks. My right knee measured 121 the day after surgery and was at 132 in three weeks. Neither have been measured since then. But I'm telling you ROM is overrated. It's just not the only thing to consider. Yes, I could ride an exercise bike full rotation the first time I tried. But an exercise bike goes nowhere! These great measurements were only after a lot of stretching and loosening up the joints. On a normal day, I'd still have that extremely tight band feeling upon standing and trying to walk making it a real effort to bend the knee. I still have extremely weak muscles. I went to a public restroom in a restaurant just last night. The handicap stall was out of order, so I went to a regular one. I had to try 4 or 5 times before I got up off the toilet! I didn't have my cell phone in there and I thought I was going to have to yell for help! I got nervous and was just about in tears before I finally made it. Also, a trip into a store just to pick up two or three things and getting back to the car is all it takes to have me swelling and hurting. So yes, I can brag about ROM, and don't get me wrong, I'm happy about that. But ROM isn't some magical thing that suddenly means you have "arrived." There are many more factors involved in healing.
 
@ConnieJOS Very true! But it will get better. You have put your poor body through so much abuse this year with 4 joint replacements I don't know how you do anything! Our bodies are amazing things, but it takes time to heal.
 
@71Beetle How are you doing? Keeping warm? Found out the high for Thanksgiving is going to be 29 degrees F. A little too cold for my taste.
 
WARNING! Blonde Joke:

As a trucker stops at a red light, a blonde catches up. She jumps out of her car, runs up to his truck, and knocks on the door. The trucker lowers the window, and she says "Hi, my name is Heather and you're losing some of your load."
The trucker ignores her and proceeds down the street. When the truck stops for another red light, the girl catches up again. She jumps out of her car, runs up and knocks on the door. Again, the trucker lowers the window. As if they've never spoken, the blonde says brightly, "Hi my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"
Shaking his head, the trucker ignores her again and continues down the street. At the third red light, the same thing happens again. All out of breath, the blonde gets out of her car, runs up, knocks on the truck door. The trucker lowers the window. Again she says "Hi, my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"
When the light turns green the trucker revs up and races to the next light. When he stops this time, he hurriedly gets out of the truck, and runs back to the blonde's car. He knocks on her window, and as she lowers it, he says "Hi, my name is Kevin, it's Winter in Michigan and I'm driving the SALT TRUCK!"
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom