Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Busy day today - work, massage, voting and home for pizza.
Off to bed now. My hubby is meeting with our son tomorrow. Hope it goes well....fingers crossed that he comes home soon!
Night all!
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @Pumpkln and @tiredwife,
As always, thank you for your support and kind words.

Our son is home. He has made an appointment with our family doctor to look at getting on meds. We have been trying to avoid that route but he has been dealing with this for so long with so many slide backs that we have to get him balanced if only to get him to a point where he has the maturity to handle things better (with help from his therapist).

He did not lose his job by going off the grid and missing two shifts. He is at work tonight. Anything to keep him busy. He works at the parking lot of the Ottawa Senators home rink and they are playing at home tonight (tie game right now! Go Sens Go! :)

My hubby and he are meeting with the school tomorrow to see what we can do to save the semester. Some of his assignments are fine but others he simply did nothing with so received a failing grade. There is still time to make up some ground but we need to have a plan in place to make it happen.

He has ground rules that he needs to follow or there will be consequences. He cannot hold us hostage with his emotions and we expect him to contribute to the family. He needs to be home every school night and if he works on a Saturday he has to be home the night before and the same goes for any Sunday shifts. No more staying up all night playing video games and God knows what else he does and then dragging his butt and complaining about having to work.

He has to stay at home while he is at school and if he leaves again he is on the hook for his schooling. We are not paying for school if he is not where we can keep an eye on him. It may seem harsh to some but he needs structure or things start to unravel and then his anxiety goes through the roof and the depression takes over. I worry about him all the time so having him home is not only important for him but is also important for me and the family. Once he is finished school, we will not have much control over what he does but for now we can keep an eye on his mental and physical health. Hopefully he will find his groove or at least be able to manage things better as her matures. His course is a two year course so we have some time.

My knee is doing pretty well, it is the rest of the leg that is getting to me. Massage helps a lot but I can't get that every day. The tendonitis and deep muscle pain is exhausting. There is a light though. I have brought the seat down on my bike so I am back to only doing 3/4 rotations but at least it is more my height and more comfortable and gives me something to work toward again....getting a full rotation again. I did 5 minutes on my rowing machine today as well.

My weight loss challenge went out the window last weekend with the issues with our son. I was more for the comfort food than eating clean. Why are comfort foods so darn bad for us anyway?? Now I have the Hallowe'en candy to deal with. I will get back on program on Saturday. Friday is my free day anyway :wink:

What are your plans for Hallowe'en? My youngest is having some friends over and they will go around the neighbourhood. My middle one is going to Saunder's Farm which is a local maze that has a huge haunting season - haunted hayrides, haunted house, lots of spooky stuff. He works there during haunting season so gets free tickets. Our oldest is going to a party. My hubby will go out with the neighbourhood dads. They go out on their ATVs to make sure everyone is behaving, drag the kids from house to house in a big trailer that goes behind an ATV and have a cold one and visit with all of the other dads. We live in a rural neighbourhood with 2 acre lots so the block is almost 4km long which is a lot for the kids with the loot they get. We only make about 40 bags but they are the long treat bags and we fill them up. So you don't get many trick or treaters but they hit the payload when they get here. I stay at home giving out candy and watching Rocky Horror Picture Show. I have been doing that since my youngest was born and it is my tradition now. I usually drink Amaretto and Tea but will hold off on that this year in lieu of pain meds.

I am sure I will have lots of time to visit pages tomorrow so I will bid you all a good night!
:flwrysmile:
 
@71Beetle Glad your son is home and I hope he gets straightened out! Hope he gets to understand how important what he does now has to do with his future.
We usually go early with our grandson to the downtown store trick o treating and then head home to hand out candy, but this year our daughter hasn't invited us to go yet. Think she might be worried about hubby's knees. We might just be handing out candy.
 
@71Beetle. Well done! I commend you on your strength to set ground rules and try to help him settle. It's very difficult especially if he's in a bad crowd. However, if he's agreed therapy that surely has to help. You are to being harsh one bit, you are being a caring and responsible mother who lives and cares for her son very deeply. Sometimes you think you can't stand them but they do one small gesture and all nearly gets forgiven. Motherhood is a challenge. It isn't easy when your son tugs your heart strings. No, you are doing the exact right thing and keeping him in a stable environment. I'm proud of the fact that you and your husband are trying so hard with him. It may pay to tell the school about the docs visit so that they know what's going on.

Take care and good luck to you. I hope all works out for you xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
Lisa, I've just spent an hour reading some of your posts about both of your knees. I am at 6 + weeks and can't imagine working (my husband went back part time at 6 weeks) or having the other one done so soon. I'm feeling like a blob today. I had a bad day yesterday and I'm still a little spooked so have done basically nothing all day. Blech. I can't wait to get my life back. -- Joni
 
Happy Halloween to you to @tiredwife!

Joke for everyone...
Q: What do you get when you drop a pumpkin?
A: Squash!
LOL

Hi Joni,@Djbrund, welcome to my thread. You will meet some wonderful, supportive, and funny people here. We are all here for your questions, your rants, your tears and your laughter as you heal. And you will heal. I will check out your story later on. Thanks for dropping by!
 
@71Beetle:

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your arses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land". Nearly 75 years ago, (when welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your arses, and light up a camel, this is the promised land".

Today, Congress has stolen your shovel, taxed your arses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the promised land! I was so depressed last night thinking about health care plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, social security, retirement funds, etc…..I called the suicide hotline. I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck………
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom