Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

JIM'S FUNERAL

Jim works hard at the office but spends two nights each week bowling, and plays golf every Saturday.
His wife thinks he's pushing himself too hard, so for his birthday she takes him to a local strip club.
The doorman at the club greets them and says, 'Hey, Jim! How ya doin?'
His wife is puzzled and asks if he's been to this club before.
'Oh no,' says Jim. 'He's in my bowling league.
When they are seated, a waitress asks Jim if he'd like his usual and brings over a Budweiser.
His wife is becoming increasingly uncomfortable and says, 'How did she know that you drink Budweiser?'
'I recognize her, she's the waitress from the golf club.
I always have a Bud at the end of the 1st nine, honey.'
A stripper then comes over to their table, throws her arms around Jim, starts to rub herself all over him and says,
'Hi Jimmy. Want your usual table dance, big boy?'
Jim's wife, now furious, grabs her purse and storms out of the club.
Jim follows and spots her getting into a cab.
Before she can slam the door, he jumps in beside her.
Jim tries desperately to explain how the stripper must have mistaken him for someone else, but his wife is having none of it .
She is screaming at him at the top of her lungs, calling him every 4 letter word in the book..
The cabby turns around and says,
'Geez Jim, you picked up a real complain this time.'

JIM's funeral will be on Saturday.
 
Oh @Phil75070, I have missed your jokes the past couple of days! That was a good one!

@H2OPoloMom, sounds like your kids like to try new things. That is a great quality! Hope your son enjoys ballroom dancing and your daughter enjoys tennis!

@Ellejay - I have read Beloved. I love Toni Morrison's books. I have not read the other ones you mention but I will look into them. Thanks! I hope you get a date on your TKR soon. I found that I went downhill after my Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair

Hope everyone is doing well, for a Monday. :)
Work was busy but good. Para Transpo is working out quite well and I am getting to and from work without too much trouble.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. My family doctor this time. Will discuss my meds with her and try to get the doses down or change the meds to something that I can take when I feel pain, as opposed to having to take them in regular doses, and something that I can drive with.

My hubby has been sleeping back in our bed since school started back. He says he does not get a good night's sleep because I am so restless. I go to bed and my legs are up on the wedge and I have the ice packs and cryocuff on. A couple of hours later I wake up and take the cryocuff off and search around for the ice packs and move them off the bed. Go to the ladies room and put the cryocuff back on and try to go back to sleep (that takes a minimum of 20-30 minutes so I tap him at least 5 times to make him roll over so his snoring isn't as bad). Sleep for a couple of hours then wake up ad take of the cryocuff and again go to the washroom. Try to go back to sleep on my side. That lasts for about an hour then I am back on my back to sleep for the final hour before the alarm goes off. Too bad I am keeping him up eh? He has it rough! :)

Well I am off to do do some work on my Plan B job. Have a great night!
 
Your nights sound like mine, but I haven't moved back to my bed yet. I'm still sleeping on the main floor so that I can have a cup of coffee before dealing with the stairs in the morning. I may kick my husband out for the first couple of nights while I adjust when I move back upstairs. I hope that better sleep is in your near future @71Beetle!
 
We had separate rooms for ages after my TKR, I got to quite like having my own room again, I could read whenever I liked, use my iPad to post on BS, in fact I think it's probably the only thing I'm looking forward to about having a 2nd TKR :heehee:.
 
Good day on the course today - one over par 73. (Bragging a little bit though it is far from my best ever scores). If I could ever learn to putt I'd be dangerous! LOL

One of my favorite videos:

 
@CanukTriMom - Hi Cheryl, welcome to my thread and thanks for dropping by! I live in Kanata. Where are you? I had both my knees done at the Queensway Carleton by Dr. Randall. What hospital did you have your hip done and who was your surgeon? Geez, I just noticed the date of your surgery is today! How are you feeling. I wish you all the best with your recovery. I hear hips aren't too bad but I haven't had one so can't comment! Take care and keep me in the loop on how you are doing!

Hi @H2OPoloMom - I spent a lot of time on the main floor after my first surgery. My hubby was working and the boys were in school so I did not want to disturb them but with the second surgery, I needed to get back into a schedule quickly as I was returning to work full time pretty quickly. Last night my hubby left me and slept on the couch so I had the bed to myself which was good because I had a really restless night.

@Ellejay - it's the small things we look forward to isn't it? I enjoy having my own room as well. May just have to make it permanent if my hubby doesn't do something about his snoring. He had a doctor's appointment today but neglected to bring his snoring up to her so clearly, he is not in a rush to sleep in our bed without me jabbing him or kicking him out.

I have never seen that video before @Phil75070 - too funny! Congratulations on your game today. It is not bragging when it is said with pride and you should be proud of yourself. I am terrible at putting as well. I sometimes luck out but like my hubby says, even a blind squirrel sometimes gets a nut.

Saw my doctor today and she has set me on a path to reduce my meds. She is not pleased that I am taking the cocktail that I am and is concerned that if I keep it up I will become addicted. I want to get off of them so I can drive!

Off to bed. Have a great night everyone!
 
Hi Lisa,
Sounds like you are going to have to complain to the Dr about DH's snoring.
How are your knee (s) doing, are they ready to come off of pain medications? Slow and easy, you are still early in recovery. Here is the article on Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds. I think the medical people are over reacting.
I see you posted on my thread, I am heading over there now.
 
Just noticed you are in Ottawa.....not to many of us Canuks on BS! Where you located? East or West?

I'm here on the West Coast - Vancouver. Just back from a mini break on Salt Spring Island and Victoria. Nice to get a break before seriously getting into preparation mode.

Enjoyed reading your thread @71Beetle and will watch for your recovery thread @CanukTriMom.
 
@Pumpkln - Hi Chris! How are things. It sure sounds like you are in a better place with your healing. Its likely all that swimming that you do! :) I am so happy for you. I have read that article and I am not really worried myself about becoming addicted but I do want to wean off to get my independence back and start driving again. How did your driving go yesterday? Were you excited? How was your knee?

Hi @Threads - welcome to my thread Sandra! I will go an take a look at your thread later on to get to know your story. Are you nervous about your surgery? I don't see many people getting bilateral TKRs in Canada, certainly not in Ottawa. I wish you all the best. I have a brother that lives in Duncan. He used to live in Port Alberni. I have not visited Vancouver myself but he seems to love it. I will make my way out there sometime.

@CanukTriMom - can I assume you are a triathlete? WIth that level of fitness, you likely won't have to worry much about rehabilitating. Do you plan on going back to it after you have healed? Have you always lived in Ottawa? I moved here in 1978 and other than a stint in Germany, have lived here since. Always in the west end. A friend of mine that lives in Orleans calls the West-Enders "squinters" as we drive into the sun on the way to work in the morning and on the way home at night. :) She claims I will have wrinkles before she does. LOL.

Today was a looooong day. I am always sore the day after physio but last night and this morning was worse than normal (and I am not even weaning off the meds yet). As usual, I did not get up every hour to walk around and stretch while at work, so I was stiff, stiff, stiff. My hubby and I had an appointment after work which was only a couple of blocks from my office so I told him to just meet me there. All would have been fine but the sidewalk was very uneven and then it started raining and I did not have my umbrella. So I was wet and sore when I got there. UGH. Anyway, I am elevating and icing and having a cup of tea now so all is good in the world.

@Phil75070 - somebody posted this one on Facebook today and I laughed out loud. Hope you enjoy it...
A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!" "Is this her first child?" the doctor queries. "No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"

How is everyone else doing?
 
@71Beetle

Yes I am a Masters triathlete who will definitely be going back to Triathlons with a fondness for the Ironman at Tremblant. No running for one year to give the implant time to really adhere to the femur. I will be running using the Galloway method do 3 and 1s. We have lived in Ottawa since 2004 ...we moved with our young son from Monterey, California and before that we lived in Colorado Springs.

Although it has only been two days, since my surgery, I have walked the length of the hallway twice, gotten changed and gone to the bathroom all with the aid of a walker. I had an anterior approach and I am in a clinical trial for the comparison of two state of the art implants that have only been tested on a smaller crowd..
In fact it is a random trial as opposed blind trial. I found out today I received the ceramic on ceramic with the delta motion cup which is what i wanted for my level of fitness.

Cheryl
 
Lisa,
Hope you are feeling better this evening, I used to do heel slides in the middle of the night to keep the knee loose. Mother nature calls 1x, so I get up to walk to the BR.
Driving went well, I am taking pain meds at night, but am OK during the day to drive. It was a long day for me, I was out around 4 hours. It felt good to be out by myself for a few hours.
Glad to be home with my feet up. :elevate:. Smoke is back from the King Fire is back, it is not as bad a yesterday. The bedroom has fresher air, that is where I will be heading soon.
Enjoy your cup of tea!
 
Hi @Threads - welcome to my thread Sandra! I will go an take a look at your thread later on to get to know your story. Are you nervous about your surgery? I don't see many people getting bilateral TKRs in Canada, certainly not in Ottawa. I wish you all the best. I have a brother that lives in Duncan. He used to live in Port Alberni. I have not visited Vancouver myself but he seems to love it. I will make my way out there sometime.

I haven't met anyone "yet" who has had bilaterals but my OS does one at the end of each of his surgical days. He's one of the top OSs in BC so I believe I'm safe in his hands. I am nervous though - I think I'd need to have my head examined if I wasn't :scary:

Duncan is a nice area of Vancouver Island. I'll bet he's happier there than in Port Alberni, which is a nice town but a long way from anything. We go through it every time we go to Tofino. I lived in Ottawa many, many years ago and grew up in Quebec. Somewhere deep inside me is an Easterner!

I'm impressed with your 4 hours out and about today. It must feel like real progress.
 
Good morning @71Beetle

[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey


Hope you have a good day

XX
 
Dating in 1957
You need to be able to remember the era to really enjoy this...

It was a hot Saturday evening in the summer of 1957 and Fred had a
date with Peggy Sue. He arrived at her house and rang the bell.

"Oh, come on in!" Peggy Sue's mother said as she welcomed Fred in.
"Have a seat in the living room. Would you like something to drink?
Lemonade? Iced tea?"

"Iced tea, please," Fred said. Mom brought the iced tea.

"So, what are you and Peggy planning to do tonight?" she asked.

"Oh, probably catch a movie, and then maybe grab a bite to eat at the
malt shop, maybe take a walk on the beach..."

"Peggy likes to screw, you know," Mom informed him.

"Uh...really?" Fred replied, with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, yes!" the mother continued. "When she goes out with her friends,
that's all they do!"

"Is that so?" asked Fred, incredulous.

"Yes," said the mother. "As a matter of fact, she'd screw all night if
we let her!"

"Well, thanks for the tip," Fred said as he began thinking about
alternate plans for the evening.

A moment later, Peggy Sue came down the stairs looking pretty as a
picture wearing a pink blouse and full circle skirt, and with her
hair tied back in a bouncy ponytail. She greeted Fred.

"Have fun, kids," the mother said as they left.

Half an hour later, a completely disheveled Peggy Sue burst into the
house and slammed the front door behind her.

"The TWIST, Mom!" she angrily yelled at her mother. "The damned dance
is called the TWIST!
 
@71Beetle Once again alerts weren't received! So hubby still hasn't talked to the doc about his snoring! Can't remember, have you recorded it and played it back to him? I just am very thankful my hubby uses his cpap. Hope you get some sleep.
 
Hi Lisa, Sounds like you are still healing. That second knee must have been tougher than the first.
My knee is doing great. I did make it up to Canada which went well except you don't have enough highways there.
I got stuck on Hwy. 17 for 4 hours due to a couple bad accidents about 100 miles apart. I met a lot of new people as everyone was walking around visiting. Since then I have been enjoying my retirement by traveling & doing all my outdoor hobbies. I think my knee is good as new with not much discomfort. Very lucky. I hope you get there soon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom