Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

I am still on narcotics, no problem with TKR and driving my right leg is OK. My biggest problem is DH does not want me to drive, and I would not drive if I felt impaired.
Biggest hurdle is my car sitting in the garage has developed a dead battery, replaced today, and the brakes have worn out and will be replaced later this month. :scratch: It must be sneaking out at night and driving about town :heehee:
Nice thing is I have not put gas in the car since April.

Soon enough we will be back terrorizing the highway!
:driver:
 
@71Beetle Sorry work is hindering your ROM, make sure you rest on the weekends and ICE and ELEVATE.

Is the answer silence?
 
:happydance: Congratulations @tiredwife you got the answer correct! :yes!:

@Pumpkln I see you have changed your avatar to Darth Vader. Is there a significance that I am missing or do you just think he is badas* like I do? :)

My goodness I am glad it is Friday! We had a wicked storm here in Ottawa - the sky went dark around 4:00 pm and the sky opened up like crazy! Thunder and lightning torrential rainfall, power outages all over the city, downed trees everywhere, traffic lights not working. I do not even want to think of the amount of accidents. I was expecting rain as the humidity has been off the charts the last couple of days. I love storms so it did not bother me but I am pretty happy that I was not driving in it.

I am snuggly in my bed with ice packs n and beneath both knees. I am tired so will not be on for long but I do have some catching up to do on the forum this weekend.

What is everyone up to this weekend? Tomorrow I will attempt to go to the mall and buy a couple of suits or at least a couple of pair of pants or skirts and jackets. We are required to wear suits at work and because of my lack of exercise, I have become much softer and have gained at least 10 pounds over the summer. My 100 day Challenge is going well but it will be a while before I can fit comfortably in the suits I wore last fall.

Over the summer I was wearing skirts and short sleeve jackets to work but I felt frumpy. I like wearing tailored suits if I have to wear suits at all (I have commented before on how much I enjoyed the tank top and yoga capris that were my staple for May and July).

I am old school in I don't wear white after Labour Day. Cream and Bone are okay when pairing but pure white is for summer in my books. Laugh if you may but that is how my Momma raised me and old habits die hard. So I need to get a couple of suits and a skirt or two and some tops and play the game of mixing matching to make them last all week with nobody thinking that I never change. Dry cleaning is a hassle when I have that few items of clothing because I have to drop off on Friday night and pick up first thing Monday morning or I will have nothing to wear the next week! I don't have a lot of money to splurge on this shopping trip and I don't want to spend a fortune anyway as I plan on fitting into last Fall's wardrobe soon so it should be pretty easy and a short shopping trip.

I have my favourite store (Laura Petites) that I go to and there is a salesperson there, Judy, that I have been dealing with for well over 5 years. She knows what I like and what I don't like and will spend time with me to make sure I get what I need. She calls me whenever there are sales coming up and I am just crazy about her. I meant to call to see if she is working tomorrow but it will now have to wait until morning.

Tomorrow evening, my hubby is evaluating the hockey sort outs for our youngest son's age level. So after dinner, I will have the place to myself pretty much. I plan on sleeping. :) Sunday we are having my parents over for dinner and hubby is doing the second round of evaluations. Ah the hockey season begins...

Hope everyone has a great night! "See" you tomorrow!
 
Went to the balloon races this morning, and Darth Vader was there. No special significance.
I could have used a chili pepper, stage coach, fish balloons, dogs, cats, and so on.
Happy shopping tomorrow, hope you get some rest tonight.
Have a great restful weekend,
 
@71Beetle
[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
Yippie, I got it! I don't hardly wear white at all, I'm too messy! Actually I'm a klutz!
Glad you made it through your work week, hope you rest all weekend! Don't do too much shopping.
Not doing much this weekend, need to go grocery shopping. Our days revolve around how hubby's knees are doing. You have a great day!
 
Hi All, I slept until noon today! Kind of ruined the planned day but still got my shopping in. The theme this fall for me is cream, red and black. 4 tops, 2 blazers, a pair of pants and a skirt. I can mix and match the heck out of it all and I only paid full price for one of the tops. :) Happy with my purchases but still wish I did not have to buy more.

We had an appointment with the bank today. I was reading statistics and 46% of Canadians rate getting out of debt as their financial priority. So it's not just us. Misery loves company they always say. :) Only 8% rate saving for retirement as a priority. There are not many organizations outside of government, health and education that offer pensions so it's interesting to see it is not a higher priority. Mind you, it is hard to think of saving for retirement until you get out of debt right?

I am not sure if I can post an external link on the forum but I found this list on Facebook and thought my American and British friends on BoneSmart would enjoy it. It is a list of 25 ways to Tell That You're Canadian. It is pretty accurate. Hope you enjoy it "eh"!
broken link removed: https://www.tickld.com/x/25-ways-to-tell-that-youre-canadian-12-is-so-accurate-it-hurts

I am off to visit others pages. Have a great evening!

Lisa
 
Enjoyed the list, and I do know what poutine is, in fact I would love it right now!
Sleeping in until noon, that sounds great!:sleep::sleep::sleep:
I took to heart your comment about not wearing white after labor day, and bought some black converse shoes to wear.:heehee:
 
@71Beetle Lisa I actually understood some of that, maybe my little toe is Canadian!? It is hard to save for retirement! We got all our credit cards paid off and cars, we are just paying on our house and camper (plus utility bills, insurance etc.) After the camper gets paid off it will be full tilt saving for retirement.
 
@Pumpkln - what types of Converse did you buy? High tops or low tops? Do they offer enough cushioning at the bottom? I don't have any but my eldest son has about 9 pair. I buy him a pair whenever I go somewhere. He has some from Calgary, Montreal and he has bought a few here in Ottawa. He has plain ones and Batman ones and a pair that have the Gorillaz (the band mascot) on them. He is obsessed. However he says if he is going to be walking or standing for any length of time, he wears another pair.

Poutine is wonderful but unless it's made with actual cheese curds, it is not real poutine. :)

@tiredwife, I am in awe of you. Feels good does't it? I have a five year plan to get all of our debt paid off, excluding the mortgage, but it would be easier if we could consolidate the existing stuff. We'll see what they say. I am not concerned as that will not improve anything.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey

Solid formal black converse. I add a lateral wedge to the left, and a Dr scholls traditional insole to the right. Yes they are comfortable.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
@71Beetle Lisa don't forget I am 8 years older than you! We got the credit cards paid off about 3 years ago, but then my daughter lost her job and decided to go back to school and get her nursing degree. We had to loan her and her husband money because they couldn't survive on his check and the school is so crazy it is hard to hold down a job and go. In the 3 years we have loaned them $21,000. I wonder if we will see any of it back, she has been working as an RN since the end of May. It's just a good thing for her that we paid the credit cards off just when she needed to start borrowing money.
 
I was wondering where @Phil75070 is too? He doesn't golf on weekends so what could be better than sharing jokes with us on BoneSmart! :snork:

I like those shoes @Pumpkln - they look comfortable and don't look like Grandpa shoes either. I have a pair of shoes that I have worn all summer, when not at work. My hubby thinks they look like swim shoes but I just love them. I got them at Naturalizer. I went up half a size as I was sure I would swell after the surgeries which I did so I am pleased I did. I bought some inserts so on the days that I am not swollen, I put them in. One thing I don't understand is why they make those inserts white. The ones I bought are white terry cloth and when I take my shoes off at physio the inserts are dirty and yucky and I hate to look at them (and I am sure the others there don't like it too much either in the event that they are looking at my shoes).

I loved the little shoes we had for our boys. Too bad they grew so fast.
 
@71Beetle Here you go:

A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into the house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs, 'Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!' The husband said, 'Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?' 'Doesn't matter,' she said. 'Just get out.'

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones in regard to retirement. Everything but the house is paid off; credit cards are paid off each month. Obviously utilities (gas, electric, phones, cable TV), insurance (cars / life / homeowners / health / prescription drugs), household maintenance (just had to spend $$$ on a new refrigerator), food, clothing and entertainment all go on and seem to be getting more expensive month-by-month.

And to answer your question about golf shoes, I have 4 pair that I somewhat rotate and another four pair I've worn in the past that for some reason I just have not gotten rid of.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha! Welcome back @Phil75070 - that will be me when I win the lottery! :)

Quick hello and good night everyone. I have to be up early as the Para Transpo will be here at 6:00 am to get me. The only time they had that would ensure I can be downtown by 8:30 am. All of the other spots were taken. It is first come first serve to book a spot for the next day. You cannot call until 9:00 am. My hubby had our home phone and I had my cell phone and we started calling at 8:58 this morning. It was like we were trying to get tickets to a Springsteen concert - line busy, hang up, redial x50 - before he finally got through and that was the best time I could get. They can be at my house anytime between 6:00 and 6:30 am which means I will be at my desk anytime between 6:30 and 7:15 am. It will make for a long day as I have to be there until 5:00 pm. My hubby will pick me up after his bus run so he will be downtown for between 5:30 and 5:45 pm getting us home around 6:30 at the latest.

I spoke to the lady on the phone and asked what I needed to do considering I have to be at work at the same time everyday. Seems you can only prebook the service if you need it for more than 4 weeks. Anything can happen in 4 weeks so I played the game and told her that I may need it even longer than that (I never said I would need it for less than that so nobody can accuse me of lying) :) So now I have a pick up at me place for 7:00am Monday to Friday. I hope I won't need it for four weeks but I figured it is better to cancel it than worry about getting a spot. I see my doctor on the 16th so hopefully I will be able to get a painkiller that does not keep me from driving. And I hope my leg heals enough so I am more comfortable driving. Time will tell.

We are supposed to have an absolutely gorgeous week this week with sun and warm temperatures through to Friday when the high is supposed to only get to 13 degrees Celcius. Fall is just around the corner. As much as Fall is such a pretty season, I will miss summer and I dread the winter. Silly place to live under these circumstances but hey, it's home.

We had a wonderful dinner with my parents and my brother and his wife. We were celebrating Grandparent's Day and my brother's birthday. Not sure when Grandparent's Day started but my middle boy caught on to it when he was in Grade 1 and we have been celebrating it ever since. Nobody else I know does but my parents get a kick out of it so we will keep enjoying the celebration as long as we are able.

I said this would be short but I write like a talk...long winded. Sorry about that!

Have a Happy Monday!
 
Back
Top Bottom