TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

The Percocet is 5 mg of Oxycodone so should that not suffice?
The evidence would seem to the contrary, don't you think?
I have Tramadol left over from my previous surgery but I found it was not as strong as the Percocet before.
It depends how much you were taking and how often. When people say that, I invariably find they have been taking quite low doses, like 50mgs. I used nothing else for my knee and plan to for the next one. But I used it to this pattern

[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey


Do you recommend that I take it instead of the Percocet and see how I do?
As long as you can use the routine as above. It's worth a try. But it's really not for me to recommend, only suggest. The choice is really yours.
 
@71Beetle Percocet comes in at least a 5 mg, 7.5mg, and 10mg form with the 325mg of acetaminophen remaining constant. For awhile, I was taking 2 of the 10mg every 4 hours to keep my pain at bay. I have been stepping down as able since with my last dose being yesterday, but it does come in different levels, so if you need to bump up, call. Remember that pain inhibits your recovery and you should be at maybe a 1-2 when resting.

Thanks for popping on my thread. I'm doing well, but had a grumpy weekend. This lack of sleep thing is slowly eroding what used to be my infinite patience. The good news it, like everything, it will get better.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A Doctor was addressing a large audience.
'The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago.
Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG.
High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. However, there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have eaten, or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?'
After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, ‘Wedding Cake.'
 
I just wanted to add that you are on a very low dose of Percocet. I was prescribed one to two 5 mg tablets every four hours. I have to say I always took two for the first month. Then gradually decreased my dosage. It could be a very simple adjustment to your script will get rid if most of your pain! And ice the back of your leg - that really helped me! Take care and feel better!
 
One of my favorites:

A husband and wife were having dinner at a very fine restaurant when an absolutely stunning young woman comes over to their table, gives the husband a big kiss, smiles, tells him she'll see him later, and walks away. His wife glares at him and says, "And just who the heck was that??!!"

"Oh" replies the husband, "that was my mistress." The wife is shocked. "You have the nerve to actually sit there and admit to me you have a mistress?!?", says the wife. "Well, that's it, Buddy, I want a divorce."

"Ok," replies her husband, "but remember, if we get a divorce there will be no more shopping trips to Paris, no wintering in the Caribbean, no Mercedes in the garage, and no more country club. But, hey, the decision is yours."

Just then the wife notices a mutual friend entering the restaurant with a gorgeous woman on his arm. "Who is that woman with Jim?" she asks.

"That's his mistress," replies her husband. "Ours is much prettier." says the wife.
 
Hi Everyone,

Seems I missed Hump Day this week. I slept of and on the last 36 hours. It has not improved the pain but at least the bags under my eyes are now snack sized, as opposed to the freezer size bags I have had. I must have needed it.

@tiredwife, It is a gorgeous sunny day and the humidity is gone. I am about to go to physio, my first one since the operation, so hopefully it will go okay. My son is driving me to physio and my dad will pick me up and I will go to their place for dinner. Hubby and the two young lads have gone camping for a couple of days so it will be quiet around here.

I have left a message with my massage therapist to see if I can get in there sooner than later. The tightness in my muscles is to the point of unbearable and I fear it is limiting my healing. I am icing under my knee and keeping elevated but nothing seems to be working.

@H2OPoloMom and @Jozilla, I appreciate your concern. I am currently taking 2 Percocet every four hours which is equal to 10mg Oxycodone and 750mg of Tylenol. I am not comfortable taking any more than that without talking to my surgeon. If after the massage and a restful weekend, I am still in this much pain, I will call him to see what he has to say.

I was going to buy a book on phobias, but I was afraid it wouldn't help me.

Love that! I have a similar one but it is true in my case. I bought a book on organizing clutter but I can't find it! :heehee:
 
@71Beetle make sure you let them know at pt how you are doing so they can adjust to your issues. I always let them know for my hubby so they can work on different things, if left up to him he would just go in and do what they tell him too without question. Enjoy your quiet while you can, and don't use their absence as an excuse to do too much. Take care!
 
Joke of the day

Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?
Officer: Ma’am, you were speeding.
Woman: Oh, I see.
Officer: Can I see your license please?
Woman: I’d give it to you but I don’t have one.
Officer: Don’t have one?
Woman: Lost it 4 times for drunk driving.
Officer: I see…Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.
Woman: I can’t do that.
Officer: Why not?
Woman: I stole this car.
Officer: Stole it?
Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.
Officer: You what?
Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want
to see.
The Officer looks at the woman, slowly backs away to his car, and
calls for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior
officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.
Officer 2: Ma’am, could you step out of your vehicle please!
The woman steps out of her vehicle.
Woman: Is there a problem sir?
Officer 2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this
car and murdered the owner.
Woman: Murdered the owner?
Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car,
please.
The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.
Officer 2: Is this your car, ma’am?
Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers.
The first officer is stunned.
Officer 2: One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving
license.
The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and
hands it to the officer. The officer snaps open the clutch purse and
examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.
Officer 2: Thank you ma’am, one of my officers told me you didn’t
have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked
up the owner.
Woman: Betcha the lying IDIOT!! told you I was speeding too.
 
@71Beetle How are you today? Better I hope!

Joke of the day:
A duck walks into a bar and asks, "Got any grapes?"
The bartender, confused, tells the duck no. The duck thanks him and leaves.
The next day, the duck returns and asks, "Got any grapes?"
Again, the bartender tells him, "No -- the bar does not serve grapes, has never served grapes and, furthermore, will never serve grapes." The duck thanks him and leaves.
The next day, the duck returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender yells, "Listen, duck! This is a bar! We do not serve grapes! If you ask for grapes again, I will nail your stupid duck beak to the bar!"
The duck is silent for a moment, and then asks, "Got any nails?"
Confused, the bartender says no.
"Good!" says the duck. "Got any grapes?"
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom