TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

I think I wish that I had them both at the same time. Hindsight is 20/20 right?

I said I would work from home but they will not allow for that.

I am off to do my exercises. A friend is coming by with a Starbuck's for me. mmmmm, have not had one of those for a while :)
 
Hey Lisa, I work totally on commission also, I also have contract which I finally asked to be frozen or
On hold for a month or so. The first month I had enough business to keep my contract current but this last month not alb to work enough to make and $$. It is tough when bills are coming in everyday.

That is very sad and frustrating that the company won't even let you work from home.

It takes a lot of energy just to get ready for work! The energy drain is real!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Tamsmom - it does take a lot to do anything :) but especially getting ready for work. Have to do my hair, makeup, get dressed in a suit, figure out footwear etc. :sleeep:I will definitely have to do a phased approach when I return and take it day by day.

What type of work do you do? What is your plan for returning to work?
 
Hi @71Beetle. I've only just found your thread and read through it. You seem to be making good progress, but I'm totally SHOCKED by your employer's expectations! I'm 6 weeks out from my PKR now and although I feel well in myself and am walking without any aids, I still get so tired. There is no way that I'm ready to return to work yet, (I'm a teacher in a primary school. My current class are 9 and 10.) It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the work I'd have to contend with, but it's the additional things like getting up early, organising household chores around working hours, shopping etc., that complicate matters. Believe me, I'm in no rush to get back! I believe that I deserve this time to get myself really well. Take care.
 
@Mai5ie , that is my concern as well but I may not have a choice. We need the money. My husband lost his job 5 years ago and we have never fully recovered from that. I wish it was not like this but it is. The only thing I can do is to get my other company to the stage where I can leave my current employment without any financial hardship. It could take months or years. If I knew this would be the case, I certainly would have planned differently.
 
@Josephine, I have a quick question on pain medication. I am currently taking Oxycodone x2 every 4 hours. My OS prescribed this on May 13th because the Tramadol and Tyenol was not doing the trick. I seem to have things under control and I am wondering how I can start weaning off of the Oxycodone. I was thinking perhaps the Tramadol and Tylenol during the day and the Oxycodone at bed time (and when I wake up in the night which I do every night).

I would then try to go to Tyenol only during the day with Oxycodone or Tramadol at night.

What are your thoughts on this?
 
I'm thinking that it is far too soon to be weaning off the Oxycodone. It's not even 2 weeks since your surgery.

Give yourself a bit (a lot?) longer.
 
I tried to wean off the OxyContin too soon and regretted it. I'm now almost seven weeks out, and only now do I feel totally comfortable with Tylenol in the day and Tramadol plus Tylenol at night. Give it some time.
 
@71Beetle I'm right at 9 weeks and still take 1/2 a hydrocodone at bedtime (with 2 Tylenol) and the other half when I wake up between 2:00 and 3:00 with 1 Tylenol. During the day I take 2 Tylenol at 9:00 AM and again at 3:00 PM which keeps me below the 4000mg daily limit.
 
Thanks @Celle @Wednesday and @Phil75070 I know I have to be more patient. I guess I will need to call my doctor to call in another prescription. I just find Oxycodone to be a pretty heavy duty narcotic to stay on. I have read the articles and I am not concerned about becoming addicted. Well, maybe I am a bit. It is more having the drug in my system for that long and the effects that concerns me.

Question: Why do some of you have stuff like this in your signature? "DePuy Attune Prosthesis Posterior Stabilized" or "(Stryker Triathlon)"? Just curious.:what:
 
I cut back the hydro morphone too quickly after three weeks and tried just Tylenol. Didn't do as well and the Tylenol,upset my stomach (I know, this doesn't usually happen). Now I take the hydro morphone every eight hours and feel much better, and no upset stomach! I also have a prescription for zolpaclone and I have been sleeping very well,the past few nights, which make an amazing difference in my mood. I thought cause I wasn't in much pain I didn't end to take it....wrong! My physio is going much better and I think I have increased my ROM significantly.
 
Good for you @MCD ! Keep up the good work! I figure I will keep doing what I need to do to manage the pain. By doing this I will be able to do more exercise and heal more efficiently...I think :)
 
Shoot, I just realized I am not going to have enough meds to get me to when my OS is back in the office. I guess I will take 1 Oxycodone during the day and two at night so I can sleep. UGH!
 
Lisa,
Can you call the OS office and arrange for adequate medications until your appointment? Or maybe you GP can help you.
 
What mg is your oxycodone ? I take 1, 5mg pill twice a day with a couple of doses of Tylenol. I have tied to cut out the oxy but by the end of the day I am uncomfortably sore. So, I will stay on it another 5 days or so and then try to go off again.

After my day yesterday I was in bed for 12 hours....


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Lisa, the "DePuy Attune" etc. you asked about in some signatures refers to the model of prosthesis that person has. I know I'm getting a DePuy one too but I haven't found out which model yet; I'm sure he'll tell me that this Wednesday.
 
@71Beetle I really sympathise with your financial predicament. I hope all goes well for you.
 
Thank
Lisa,
Can you call the OS office and arrange for adequate medications until your appointment? Or maybe you GP can help you.

We have a national holiday tomorrow so I will not be able to get meds until Tuesday.
 
Lisa, the "DePuy Attune" etc. you asked about in some signatures refers to the model of prosthesis that person has. I know I'm getting a DePuy one too but I haven't found out which model yet; I'm sure he'll tell me that this Wednesday.

I have no idea what mine is. I am sure if I needed to know my OS would have told me. Should I ask? Will I need this information for future?
 
Back
Top Bottom