Guest viewing is limited

THR Can you hear me from the other side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you guys are have th cold we are having the heat. We will be up in the 90's today and back in the 70's tomorrow. I can hardly wait for the cool weather to come back. We've been in the 90's for well over a week. I did manage to go out last night for a short walk. No nose bleeds for me!
 
Oooooh FB i had enough today, tidied kitchen, cleaned bathroom and brushed floors, sick of all this mess. I swear they leave it about hoping i trip, so they can make £250 from You've Been Framed! Well totally exhausted myself and fell asleep in a chair. Think i would get more rest with no "help".
Aud
 
Has anyone had a problem with the toilet chair not working very well? Its seems that we miss the toilet at times which means moping it up.:headbang: I keep looking to see what I am doing wrong but it looks fine to me. This is as bad as someone missing the toilet or not raising the lid.
Audball, I am just thankful that I can now do a few things myself instead of relyig on someone who does not see it like I do. All those little things that drive you crazy.:beg:
 
Pjm in my house I'm the only one NOT missing the seat. Is it a raised one? I have to either clean mine before use ( as they pee and leave it.) Or put it back on as the selfish people in this house forget it's there for a reason, then I nearly wet myself before my bum hits the pan.
Sorry if it's too graphic.
Aud
 
[Bonesmart.org] Can you hear me from the other side?
That's the very reason I got one like this with the tube with the open bottom that goes down into the existing toilet---eliminates a lot of clean up.
 
I'm pleased this is the style the hospital provided me with.
 
I must have an older version because mine does not have the bottom in in. Looks the same without the bottom.
 
Oh, there are several models---they are not all alike by a long shot.
 
I couldn't actually sit down for a week post op(my muscles were so weak that I couldn't stand up again...........long story).
Anyway my clever husband, who is usually rubbish at DIY, managed to fashion a 'She-Wee' out of a funnel, some garden hose and a length of Duck Tape. This enabled me to pee whilst standing up!!
It was a sight to behold, but it most certainly did the trick! :rotfl:

It's fair to say that I lost all dignity this time round.

Queenie xxxx
 
I just have a raised up toilet seat that clips on to the bowl. Not funny when someone takes it off and I go in bursting and have to get it back on! Lol
 
Ohhh and the bath board is really helpfully...... somewhere for my can of coke and kindle. Lol
 
Queenie I'm giggling at your she wee but I would have been glad of it in hospital when I had to lie flat and pee in a bedpan.... how hard is it to get a pee flowing lying down, no matter how desperate you are?! I had to grab the bar above to pull me up and tip a drbble out. Not a pretty site. Lol
 
Queenie - you're gonna have to post a pic of that now (not of you using it though please).
 
Oooooh FB i had enough today, tidied kitchen, cleaned bathroom and brushed floors, sick of all this mess. I swear they leave it about hoping i trip, so they can make £250 from You've Been Framed! Well totally exhausted myself and fell asleep in a chair. Think i would get more rest with no "help".
Aud
Audball I think that women must be hard wired to see when a floor needs cleaning, as nobody else in my house seems to be bothered with a sticky kitchen floor. Everyone else was at home today, off sick from work/school with man flu. Which meant more mess, washing up, etc. Plus due to said man flu, washing seems to be getting done with tissues still in pockets, so we now have deposits of tissue being trod through all over the floors. Again, doesn't bother anyone else though.
 
When I had spinal surgery I had a nurse tell me that it was physically impossible for girls to pee lying down! Frankly, I think she was right! Ah the stuff we go through in this journey! :heehee:
 
I found it really difficult to pee lying. I had to lift my upper body off the bed because even though I was bursting, it refused to come out. Then when I finally did it I was so glad not to wet the bed, I put my hand in a bedpan full of my own pee. The night nurse shook her head, laughed and said " trust you. "Pmsl
Aud
 
I couldn't pee lying down in a bedpan either - even though I needed to. I think my brain registered it as bed wetting and held back. I was threatened with a catheter, but luckily I negotiated down to a commode.
 
FB I think that's what made me determined to get up and walk, just the thought of peeing the bed. Lol
 
I hate to say it but I had a catheter from the morning of the surgery. Never had to worry about it till they took it out the next day. After reading your stories, I am so thankful for having it now!
 
Pjm I expected to wake with a catheter in, think different surgeons do different things. Woman across from me had a foamy v pillow and I didnt. My leg kept rolling in so they put my foot in a blow up foot support. Would not have looked out of place on the beach. Ha ha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom