Guest viewing is limited

THR Bumblebee in Recovery

I’m really really really envious of the driving. :boohoo:Really. Congrats to you!
@hikejunkie, I really understand! Driving = Freedom (ever since I got my license at 16). Don't worry your time will come. One thing for sure, you do utilize different muscles driving than walking....and getting in and out of a small car is no simple feat if the operated leg is the right leg. My muscles are still weak. Ahhh, but no one is grabbing those car keys away from my clutched hand! :heehee: Me leg is strong enough to pump the gas pedal and the brake....quickly I might add.
 
It's funny how the driving restriction drives us all crazy! It's the fact that we're told we "can't".
I remember I couldn't wait for my three week post op to get the driving restriction lifted. I went to my appt
was told I could drive and never got behind the wheel until several days later!! Go figure.
Then of course only after practicing in my neighborhood to make sure I was comfortable hitting the brake quickly if need be. THEN out onto the big bad road with the rest of the world :driver:
Oh the joys of feeling like a 16 yr old again (for a hot minute) :heehee:

Hope your week is great! @Bumblebee
 
Hope you have a Good Good Day :SUNsmile:
 
Been experiencing more inner thigh pain last several days. It's the worse after sitting and getting up and going. Not quite what I experienced pre surgery which was more of a catching sensation. This is more of an ache causing one to limp for several steps. Seems like my adductor muscles. Just hoping it's the normal thigh pain that comes with bone growing on the implant. Been icing.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bumblebee in Recovery

R3F WX is where my pain is. @Josephine ...any thoughts? Seems to be more start up pain. After walking awhile it diminishes. 2 to 3 on pain scale at start up. I am not doing any PT.
 
@Bumblebee I have the same pain and didn’t have it prior to surgery. My os said it will get better as the muscles strengthen with walking. It makes me limp too and I need my cane when it gets bad. I do find it’s getting better over time. I recommend icing there. I’m also using the tens machine on a low setting and Physio is doing some ultrasound. Yay for the driving!
 
R3F WX is where my pain is. Seems to be more start up pain. After walking awhile it diminishes.
That would seem to indicate Psoas pain. which is mostly brought on by activity. You say you're not doing any PT but does that also mean no exercises or long walks?
 
@Josephine, no exercises, I am walking outside no more than 30 minutes at a time with the cane outside but no longer in the home. However, a week ago I started back to driving, grocery and back. Maybe doing too much "puttering" in the garden :blush: which means some bending doing the golfers reach....NO digging, planting or lifting mostly watering with the hose. Maybe too much? :blush:
 
Hi Bumblebee,

I have read your thread and appreciate all the info you have shared. I am a few weeks behind you but feel much of your pain (Periformis/Psoas) I sure wish I could give those muscles a good stretch .

I am curious, are you able to sleep on your incision side yet? I wake up in the night and want to roll to that side but it is still hurts to much. :groan:

I am heading out for a little walk, since last night snow has finally melted from our driveway (argh)... Enjoy your garden. (but not too much) :flwrysmile:
 
Oh yes, can sleep on both sides. I get achy, toss and turn, but I did that pre surgery as well. Still have numbness at my incisions sites. I think I always had a tight psoas. Even pre surgery difficult to straighten up from sitting position and lying down I could feel the tightness in the groin muscles. I'm thinking that the inner thigh pain is just from every day activity like bending to get clothes from the dryer or reach bottom cabinets. Muscles so weak after surgery, hard to find the sweet spot between doing too little and doing too much. Guess we just have to listen to our bodies and obey!
 
I have noticed different pains appear at different stages of recovery @Bumblebee. Like Mojo333 is fond of saying, just because we can, doesn’t mean we should!

It seems like the further we get from surgery, the more we try to think we are completely healed, but it takes more time than a few weeks.

I stepped back a bit from some of my activities when new pains developed, and they went away. My body is telling me when to increase. You can putter in the garden- just try shorter times.
 
Uh oh....No buzzing around the garden yet @Bumblebee :boohoo:
I'll bet you sneak in :heehee: a little watering and looking at the pretty flowers :flwrysmile: can't hurt.
Flowers.....I can only dream. We still have snow on the ground! Can you believe that nonsense?
Hope your week is good!
 
Hey, I resemble that remark! Except, maybe, that I generally don't sneak them in. Told PT of my plan 6 days after surgery and he just shook his head (but didn't say no - think more of Ronald Reagan - "there you go again") and told him dancing was first thing I was getting back when rehabbing the glute tear.
 
Hi @Bumblebee
Hope you're having a nice weekend. What did you think of JRAD?
I found it very informative and interesting. Liked all the docs also.
Wish a couple of them were local to my area.
Best wishes for a great week!
 
Many different aches and sensations appeared and subsided on my journey.
Or body knows when it isn't ready for certain things and tries to tell us.
Hard balance to strike ...It does help to do for shorter periods as it doesn't hurt until we stop.
It will get better week by week.
Hope today is a Good week for you!:SUNsmile:
 
@Layla, I haven't listened to the whole program yet, doesn't work on my tablet, video just starts and stops and my computer was in for repairs.
 
I'll do some checking around, report your issue and get back to you @Bumblebee
Hope your week is going well.
We're over 50, it's sunny and snow is melting.....yay!
I'll bet the weather is gorgeous in Cali.
Hope you have a great weekend!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom