Guest viewing is limited

THR Bumblebee in Recovery

Are you hitting the Play button on the blue bar, within the email you received from JRAD, and it's not playing?
@Bumblebee
 
Oh, it plays but it stops and starts again from the beginning continually. This is on my tablet.
 
Hello everybody! Well, I am at my 9 week post op mark. Trying to stay positive but pains in my inner thigh, groin and back of the thigh below my buttock still continue to plague me walking. Still icing. I have scaled down how much outside walking I do but the rest doesn't seem to have significantly reduced the aching when I walk. I use to walk alot pre surgery with no pain, so this is a major let down. Reading all your recovery threads I see some of us have easier recovery than others....so patience is key.
 
Last edited:
[Bonesmart.org] Bumblebee in Recovery

X R2B seems to be where I am having the most discomfort when walking. But W L3F still hurts too.
 
Last edited:
Hi @Bumblebee
Sorry you're still feeling pain but I'm sure it's most likely part of the process.
It makes it difficult to see others blowing on by. But as you know, we can't compare recoveries for
any number of reasons.
I'm wondering if you intended to tag Jo on your last post? Just curious because she may, or may not catch it.....
Hope you have a peaceful end to the week!
 
Thanks Layla! I wasn't intending to tag Jo (God knows I've asked enough questions !) but thought I would post my pain location in case anybody else has the same symptoms and would like to chime in. And, since this is my recovery diary..... :wink::wink::wink: I'll probably come back in 10 years when and if the other hip needs replacing and make comparisons.
I thought I would post my "apparatus" as well. This xray was done the day of surgery. I am not brave enough to post my "badge" of honor. :heehee: So the insides will have to do.
[Bonesmart.org] Bumblebee in Recovery
 
Last edited:
You made me actually count, I'm at 10 weeks so I'm guessing you're at 9 for what it's worth. I can make myself hurt by overdoing but normally don't have any pain. I get tightness often but I'm still doing my PT stretches and exercises and it loosens up after that. Now my overdoing has included a tractor and a chain saw so I earned it.
My recovery has been like improvement followed by a plateau usually at 2wk intervals.
 
Thank You Eman! You are correct ... its 9 weeks post op for me! I edited my original post.
 
:wave:
No worries on too many questions. As you know....we all learn through others inquiries.
I don't think Josephine minds sharing her knowledge from her years of experience in orthopedics.
I'm with you on hip #2. I hope it's 10 yrs. Actually I hope it's never but don't think I'll be so lucky.
Best wishes your pain eases @Bumblebee and that you have a great day and weekend!
 
@Josephine...I have this pain just under my buttock (NOT the actual cheek) on the upper thigh when I walk. Doesn't ache at rest just walking. Is this muscle pain ....hamstring or piriformis you think? I still have some inner thigh pain as well but not as bad as this back of thigh pain. I have it also when I first get out of bed in the morning and just start walking. Again, I'm not doing any exercises just walking about 1/2 hour twice a day. Come home and sit on my ice pack. Thoughts or suggestions welcomed.
 
@Bumblebee .....not sure if there are similarities, but the pain you're having at the back (in the crease?) sounds like what I was having pre-op, when I was still able to walk the dogs. It would suddenly stop me in my tracks, and I dug my fingers into the spot to relieve the pain. Also, I am now having a bit of pain (like a pulled muscle) in the same place you've indicated on the front.....usually when I suspect I've pushed myself too much. Do they sound like yours? (my back of bum pain hasn't resurfaced since the op, but it could be that I'm not walking far enough to trigger it? Difficult to tell isn't it, and we so want a label for everything! :whistle:) Yours sounds a lot more problematic than mine....hope it resolves soon :fingersx:
 
If I can remember it seems these pains started at about 6 weeks post surgery for me. Yes just below the crease. The inner thigh pain seems to come and go now as I am walking more slowly with shorter strides. It's like someone posted in another thread "the traveling pain salesman" :loll:

I am walking outside about alittle less than a mile a day. I "carry" the cane mostly now trying hard to perfect my gait which isnt easy but the limpy thing has got to stop as I believe it makes the crease pain worse. It's really important to concentrate on your posture when you walk something I never was too conscious of pre surgury. I keep hearing @Layla whispering "heel, toe, heel toe" in my mind. Funny how we all help each other on the forum by all our comments and experiences through this journey.
 
:hi:
I'm with you Bumblebee. The heel-toe walking takes concentration! I still try to walk like that
but slip back into my old slop very easily. Old habits die hard. I did lose the limp through concentration and practice but STILL have to remind myself at 10 months out....hard head! :headbang: Lol!:heehee:
Hope your weekend is lovely! :loveshwr:
 
Interesting to read all this. I hope your pain lessens with time @Bumblebee. It can be such a drag on the spirit. You certainly are doing a fine job in recovery regardless. You are my inspiration at the moment as I work on attempts at walking without my cane.

I like to hear you all talk about improving posture, gait, etc. I am beginning to walk a bit on my own inside and outside and trying hard to hold onto heel/toe and a good posture. But I have developed some discomfort issues myself in my lower back (slack stomach muscles?) and in my other hip at the femur level also in the back. Frightens me because I have this left knee that has to be done but I hope I can hold off on that until the fall or winter. I can't even remember how I walked before the surgery in 2015. I have nothing for comparisons. I was very active until this right hip went south that's all I have.

Good weekend to you Bumblebee and others. I hope your weather is as pretty as ours. :wave:
 
@Mojo333
Someone has to keep the peeps in line with heel-toe reminders :old:
Now, I need to practice what I preach :rotfl: Or zip my lip :mute:
 
@Bumblebee @zinnia I shall be thinking of you both as I patrol my back yard with one cane, trying to walk upright and not put my feet down flat (no wonder Cockney slang calls them PLATE of meat....that's exactly what mine want to go down like, maybe Mr Cockney slanger had oa in his hip :rotfl:) I'm cutting down my to and fros tomorrow, think I tried too hard today (got a bit 'look no hands' and discarded the cane for the last few trips) and the inside of the top of my thigh is having a whinge. All temporary tho....we're still making progress even if it stalls for a bit. Onwards and upwards ladies :walking:
 
Gosh...I remember that show, but barely. I remember the old limping guy. His face and his voice.
Blast from the past! You and I are the same age.
Hope you have a great week! Heel-toe, heel-toe :heehee:
@Bumblebee
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom