THR Bumblebee in Recovery

Hi there,
Happy One Month Anniversary!....tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry too much @Bumblebee I'm sure the pains you're feeling are just part of the process.
Most of those pains, burning, zapping, prickly etc are here today, gone tomorrow.
Or so it seems. I'll bet you've noticed that. If it continues to bother you, consider letting Jo weigh in.
Hope you have a great week as you move into month two of the journey!
 
Hi Layla....no, not worried about the zingers....just posting experiences to my post op diary...maybe helpful for those to come. They come out of the blue and I'm pretty sure they are nerve regeneration zaps as they are near the incision site which was numb after surgery. They do give one a startling jerk. :flabber:
 
Hey @Bumblebee
I like it....post away.
Wishing I would have used this as more of a journal because I'm sure # 2 will be in my future...ugh!
I do recall zaps for sure, prickly, crawly sensations also. So much fun :happydance::heehee:
Hope your week is zappy, zingy, prickly, crawly.....cuz that means you're healing, right?! :wink:
 
How's my favorite Bumblebee doing? Just a little more than a month out now. Better and better each week?
 
Doing better each day, thank you for asking! Walking in the house without any aids and using the cane outdoors. Concentrating hard not to limp without it. Those nerve zaps are gone. My smaller incision (I have 2 incisions) on my leg is still sensitive at night after sleeping on that side but looks like it's healing normally. Two things I have yet to master is strength and flexibility. Can't put my sock on yet on operated side. Still have difficulty lifting leg into car. But I am working on it. :fingersx:
 
Hi @Bumblebee glad to read that your recovery is progressing well. I had 90 degree restrictions for 6 weeks. And if took my awhile after they were lifted to be able to get my sock on. You will get your strength and flexibility back as time progresses
 
Thanks Jackie! That's good to hear. I don't have restrictions other than what my body imposes on me. I had such limited range of motion prior to surgery, I guess I shouldn't expect a miraculous healing in flex and strength.
 
You sound good! @Bumblebee
I hope you're pleased with your progress.
It took me some time to get that sock on my op leg too. I don't like socks, don't wear them but
naturally I had to test the waters to determine if I passed, or failed, lol!
It will come. It all takes time and just gets better and better.
Hope your week is sunny and cheery....just like you! :yes: :SUNsmile:
 
Socks are difficult. My sock putter-onner for the first couple of weeks was my son (I refused to buy any of the aids other than walker and cane). Somewhere towards the end of the two weeks, I got to where I could put the sock on the ground and slip my toes in and then reach it enough to pull it up. In other words, give it time and expect a few gyrations until you find a way that works for you. In the meantime, your mobility will grow over time.
 
Glad you are being patient.
You are doing well...I'm happy to hear you staying so positive.
Hope your week is sweet @Bumblebee :flwrysmile:
 
Anybody notice their dissolvable internal stitches coming through their skin? I was feeling my incision and noticed a shiny prickly stitch. Quite annoying. Wondered if I could snip it off or should I just leave it alone.
 
Hi @Bumblebee.....I've got dissolvable stitches, but I have to see the nurse in a couple of weeks to have the ends snipped off (not quite sure why they don't trim them at the time).....could your spikey ones be the same? I have no idea what my incision looks like as it's all sealed up in the dressing until the nurse reveals it to the world (well, hopefully only me :blush:) As for socks....could manage with the sockputteron before I had the op, but now can't even do it with that.....toss up between cold feet or admitting I can't dress myself :umm:
 
Yes mine came up through the skin. You can either pull them out or carefully cut them off close to the skin
 
I had one prickly barely above ground.:heehee:
I left it and it descended or went away somehow.
Many on forum have snipped or pulled.:shrug:
Hope you have a great weekend Bumblebee!
 
Hope you're having a good day Bumblebee :wowspring:
 
Happy Six Week Anniversary!
Hope you're feeling stronger day by day.
Wishing you a great week as you continue healing :flwrysmile:
@Bumblebee
 
Thanks Layla! I am back in the driver's seat :driver: feels awesome! But alittle too much puttering in the garden I thinkest....been alittle more achy in the groin and buttock...oh no...did I get inducted into the ODIC ???:blush: so hard to pace yourself.
 
I’m really really really envious of the driving. :boohoo:Really. Congrats to you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom