Bone-obo
graduate
That's great news, BBee! It's inspiring for us hip tyros to hear how well you're doing - thanks for posting!!
Are you feeling the benefits yet? My balance is slightly off since the op and Tai Chi is supposed to be good for that
United States

@Bumblebee 

United States

my first few weeks were so good I thought it would just go on getting better and better, so the pain in the bum/back of thigh after sitting too long came as a nasty surprise! Guess our bodies are telling us not to take them for granted, but tbh I do so little activity, not only am I mortified, but if I 'rest' much more I'll be permanently bed-bound! I'll have to haul the icepacks out of the freezer again....not a happy thought on cold days, but I can look on it as practice for September 
United KingdomTo clarify on you xray, @Bumblebee, you would be correct in what you said BUT in my opinion, there are two quite significant areas of bone/stem attachment which look quite sufficient to me. Here are the two areas. And remember, this excludes the areas out of sight as the front the the back of the prosthesis.I was already to hear Josephine say that all that shadow area was where there was no bone growth.