Guest viewing is limited

THR Bumblebee in Recovery

Hi Bumblebee!
Coming up on 10 months. I hope all is well.
I miss you buzzing around with well wishes on the forum but I get it! Life goes on.
Want to wish you a great holiday season and a happy, healthy 2019!
Big hugs to you in sunny Cali.
@Bumblebee
:merry christmas:
 
HI Layla! Happy Holidays to you as well! How nice of you to be checking on us oldtimers.:wink:
I'm doing well. Not giving much thought to my bionic hip anymore. Most of the pains are all history. The only thing I can complain about is climbing stairs seems still difficult unless I hold on the railing...just a bit. I suppose since I am not doing strengthening exercises, I should not expect strong thighs.:wink: Ah, tomorrow is another day. Hoping the other hip behaves for the most part for a few more years. Sending you some west coast sun, Layla! :SUNsmile::surfer:
 
:egypdance: so glad all is well with you @Bumblebee !
All the best as you go forward.

Hope your holidays are joyful:treestar:
 
:chuckmarch: I can do this!
Thanks for all your support on my journey!
 
Hi Bumblebee, :wave:
I caught a glimpse of you buzzing around here.
The sight of your little avatar always makes me smile. I'm pulling you to the front of the line to
remain mindful of your upcoming anniversary. Can only see back four months as far as anniversaries go
so if peeps disappear it's hard to recall their dates.
I hope you're doing well. Please leave us an update either now or in thirteen days on your actual Anniversary.
Hugs to you @Bumblebee
 
I got bitten and scratched by a stray cat today. It bled but wasn't too deep. Decided to go to Urgent Care. Got a tetanus shot and prescription for antibiotic (Augmentin 2x day for 10 days) however was told NOT to take it unless within 24 hours it showed signs of infection such as redness or swelling. Wanted to ask if this is the normal routine for those with joint replacement. I am on the fence whether to take it immediately or just wait like the doctor said. Anybody have similar experience? Does one risk bloodstream infection even if no outward signs of infection?
 
That advice makes sense to me. After all, if the area bitten and scratched doesn't gt infected, it's unlikely that there will be any infection to spread to your hip joint.

The over-use of antibiotics prophylactically ("just in case") is one of the main reasons why we now have so many antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
 
By the way, @Bumblebee ,

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here - even if you have a new question.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
HI Celle, thanks for merging. I forgot that admonition. If you could rename it back to Bumblebee in Recovery instead of the Cat Bites after THR that would be fine.
Thanks also for your thoughts. I agree on the overuse of antibiotics. Just wondered if anyone else had the same experience. @Josephine ?
 
Last edited:
OK. I've changed your thread title back.

I had changed it to the question about cat bites, so you might get a few more responses.
 
Wanted to ask if this is the normal routine for those with joint replacement.
Totally normal so follow the instructions implicitly. There is no need to panic. It's highly unlikely there will be any repercussions vis a vis your THR.
 
Hey @Bumblebee
Noticed you buzzed by the forum. How are you doing?
We'd love to hear from you at almost two years post op. I hope all is well and your enjoying life with a pain free new hip.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy healthy New Year!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Almost 2 years since my THR. Time flies. All is well with the hip. All those muscular issues have resolved and it feels great!

On a sadder note, I have recently been diagnosed with endometrial cancer and am scheduled for a complete hysterectomy. Trying to stay positive as most endo cancers are found early.

Would like to ask @Josephine if positioning on the surgical table will have any impact on my new hip parts? They will be doing a robotic procedure.
 
Hello @Bumblebee
Thankfully your hip is doing well, but I'm so sorry to hear the cancer news. Hopefully it was caught early as you've mentioned is often the case.

Unfortunately Josephine is recovering from a knee revision and is currently taking time away from the forum to rest and heal so it's doubtful she'll see your post.

You will be in my prayers for good health, complete healing and peace of mind as you move through the weeks ahead. Please let us know how you're doing. We do care.
Big hugs to you :console2:
 
Thanks for buzzing by my thread - it's good to hear from you!

I'm so glad to hear that everything evened out on the THR but sorry to hear about the cancer. As you say, that is often caught early and hopefully the hysterectomy will take care of it completely!

An oophorectomy stopped me in my tracks longer than either THR (but, as you know, that's not saying much when it comes to me). The hysterectomy will require lots of rest for recovery, but you'll be buzzing about in no time! Take care of yourself and keep us updated (either on the thread or by PM)!

Sara
 
So sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis, but glad to hear that the prognosis appears so good. Nevertheless, a cancer diagnosis and a hysterectomy are both huge things to deal with. I wish you strength as you deal with both.

It seems as we get older, things like this continue to arise that we have to deal with......it can get overwhelming at times thinking about it. But then I realize how fortunate we are to live in a time when there are so many good medical options, and when the future holds promise for even better ones. Best of luck to you.
 
:hi: @Bumblebee
Hated to read that you have to deal with this.:sad:
Prayers and hugs and good mojo coming at you.:praying:
 
Thank you all for your well wishes! Had my hysterectomy a few days ago and the report shows it was early stage and we got it out. No further treatment needed. Let's just say I am going to kick up my heels higher than Ms @SaraK after I recuperate and we ALL know how good Ms Sara can dance!
 
Oh, Wonderful News.
:happydance:
Healing hugs for a speedy recovery and have a beautiful holiday, @Bumblebee :presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom