BTKR -- May 13, 2013 **Pre-Op Journey**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Izzie,

Best of luck tomorrow! The best part of it is that you've already done your prep work...and now it's the medical professionals job to do their part. Take it easy, follow the Bonesmart mantra, and I'll see you on the other side!:SUNsmile:

Minster :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Izzie!!!! Your day is almost here just 1 more get up... You have prepared yourself and now you put everything in the hands of the masters of their trade.... I will be sending, good wishes, positive energy, prayers, and a ton of hugs....... :cheers: :friends: :friends: :friends:

Love
Ellen :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Happy Mother's Day!:SUNsmile: I know you are feeling a little nervous about tomorrow but, just think of the wonderful present you're getting. Baby knees.
About things you need when you get home raised toilet seat,shower bench, walker etc. The Canadian Red Cross has a loaner program. They loan them free of charge for a period of three months. Just need a note from Dr. or PT to verify. Worth a try at your local red Cross.
 
Izzie, you are almost on the other side and in recovery. It is surprising how fast time flies at the end when waiting for so long and hurting for so long. I look forward to hearing about your recovery journey. You have a great way of phrasing things and such a good sense of humor at times it is most wonderful. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow.
 
Hello Izzie,
I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day with your 2 boys :) Well, your big Day
has come & tomorrow at this time you will be " on the other side" :friends:I really like what Roy had to say !
If you break down a "big" thing into smaller steps it is very much easier to do. ( easy for me to say, right ) :giggle:
I will be thinking of you tomorrow :) There are going to be so many people wishing you well, the waiting
room will be very crowded. Remember, lean on us when you are nervous & ask your mom for guidance
she won't let you down & neither will we !!!!
I will check back in with you tonight.
All my best,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Izzie-I will be thinking of you all day Monday. I'm certain everything will go great. Your confidence and attitude have done so much to reduce my anxiety about my own surgery. So I will be sending you all my best wishes tomorrow.
 
Hi jimbojunk, Thank you for your kind words. I’m happy if the thread helped in any way. You’ve had your right knee done and tomorrow will be the left – Congratulations! I’m very happy for you and after tomorrow, you will have two brand new knees! Let’s stay in touch and hopefully help each other get through this. I hope you’re doing well, sounds like you have a wonderful Wife! What a treasure!! Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!!
 
Cathy, Yes – tomorrow is the day. Thank you for reminding me to think about everything I’ve learned here on this forum. Sometimes we get through the surgery and then everything we’ve learned flies right out of our brain. I admit this is very difficult to do alone – without a “significant other” to help me – but I have two wonderful Sons who will do their best. This will be quite a learning experience for them. Please send me some healing prayers tomorrow, they will be greatly appreciated! – I’ll post as soon as possible.
 
Hi Pdx, Thank you for your great suggestion. I do have some slippers and I will try to find a nightie. I didn’t realize the catheter would be in that long. For some reason, I thought they would take it out the first day. Please send me some healing prayers – Thanks again!!
 
Hi puffin, I’ve tried to pack a little bit of everything, just in case. Everything is soft and if I wind up wearing hospital gowns, that’s fine too. If I get chilly, I’m just going to ask for a nice blankie. I could bring a robe, but I think it’s just too much. Hopefully, I’ll be prepared. Thank you for thinking of me today and if you can, please send me a few prayers tomorrow, I would really appreciate it. Thank you and I'll post on the other side as soon as I'm able!
 
Roy, You make me cry. Thank you for your wonderful words. They are very comforting. I will read this post over and over again. I hope it goes just as you say and I will follow your guidance to the T. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Please think of me tomorrow and send me a prayer - I appreciate all the prayers I can get! Thanks again for everything!
 
Hi Diana, I agree, Roy’s post is wonderful! His steps break it down perfectly for me. I have done my best to get as much prepared as possible. It’s been a lot for one person to do, especially since I just moved and still have so many things to arrange, unpack, etc. But, for now, I’ve decided to do the best that I can and I will have to tackle the rest when I’m able. Thank you so much for all your support, I cannot tell you how much it means to me! I still need to work on arranging my bathroom and making sure nothing is in my way to cause me to stumble when I get home. I’ve tried to make easy access to everything. Still not done, but I’ll get there. Thanks again for everything!
 
Hi Minster – Thank you! I will follow the mantra and I will post as soon as I’m able. Thank you for all your support – it means a lot. Please think of me in your prayers.
 
Hi Ellen, Yes, it’s almost here. I’ve done the best that I can and will do as you say – put it in the hands of the masters of their trade. I appreciate all your support, good wishes, prayers, hugs – all of it! Thank You! See you on the other side!!!
 
My way, Thank you and Happy Mother’s Day to you too! You are right – I am nervous! My knees have been hurting so very bad today and I’ve been on my feet all day long. I hope the new baby knees will serve me better than my poor old tired worn out ones are. Thank you for the suggestion about the Red Cross. Bless you, I don’t think my insurance covers these and I would love to have a loaner. Thanks for all your support and kind words! See you on the other side!
 
Hi leejaa, The time has flown and I’m down to the wire. You are so right, I have been hurting for a long time and I can’t wait to feel better. I appreciate you thinking of me. Please send me some prayers, I think I’ll need all the help I can get. See you on the other side!
 
Diana, I will definitely be thinking of my Mom tomorrow and asking for her help through this. I know she will be there for me. Thank you for reminding me that I’m able to have her near even now. Today, I’ve been very emotional, but I’ve had so much to do that has helped keep my mind off things a bit. I was so sick to my stomach earlier today, I wondered if I’d be able to complete everything necessary to be ready for tomorrow. I just kept going and fortunately, I felt better. I’m a bit shakey, but I know that’s my nerves. Thank you again for everything. I’m so happy to have found such wonderful people on this forum and feel the support. Bless You!
 
Kavan, How sweet of you. Thank you for your support and best wishes. I appreciate it so much. I will start a thread in the Post Op area, and hopefully we can connect there too. Thank you again!!!
 
Hi Izzie! I hope you are doing ok. I have done multiple walks around my neighborhood today. Nervous energy, I suppose. Did some shopping and got a raised toilet seat and some comfortable shirts...I'm about as ready as I will be...physically anyway! Mentally takes a little more work! My appt is at nine am. It's about an hour away and with rush hour. It's fine, I doubt I will sleep much. Guess I will be doing my sleeping tomorrow.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and send good wishes for tomorrow. It helps to touch base with others who are going through this. I will see you on the other side!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom