BTKR -- May 13, 2013 **Pre-Op Journey**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jimbojunk, Sounds like you had a very nice day. I've been cleaning, doing laundry, trying not to forget anything - Ha! Ha! I'll be up late cleaning and arranging my bathroom, vacuuming the bedroom, etc. Lots will be left undone for sure. At this stage, I just have to let go ... Thank you for checking in again and I appreciate all the good wishes. It definitely helps to stay in touch with others and you can be sure I'll be sending you some prayers for your surgery tomorrow. We'll see each other on the other side !!!
 
'Twas the night before surgery, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a ..... Okay, not! I'm still in the process of cleaning, vacuuming, making sure things are where I can get to them easily. I know that I'll be up late which is fine, I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight.

Tomorrow morning, I must arrive at the hospital by 7:30 for my 9:30 surgery. My two Son's are going to be there with me and will be waiting for me when it's all over. I'm so lucky to have them both!

Even though I was extremely busy yesterday and today, I must admit, I've been very nervous. Stomach, head, shaking, tears, you name it. I kept pushing myself and now seem to have calmed down a bit.

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside your door ...... WHAT!!!! Nope! My bag is not packed (yet) but it will be. I am not ready. But, I will keep on moving in the right direction and have it all done so that tomorrow morning, I'll arrive at the hospital and as so many wonderful people here have said - it will be just fine.

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone!!! I honestly don't know how I'd have been doing without all your support. Even just the smallest word, suggestion, thought - Thank You All so very, very much! My heart is full with all the wonderful feelings your words have brought to me. Bless you all and please think of me in your prayers tomorrow. I know I'll get through this just fine and I will post on the other side as soon as I'm able. I'll be thinking of all of you too as they are sending me off to La, La Land and know that I'm not alone.
:thankyou: :friends: :friends: :friends:
 
Izzie,
So Sorry your nerves are making you :sad: Just let yourself lean on your 2 boys & the hospital staff.
I will say a :angel:for you tonight & remember how to get to your peaceful Place :ok:
Hugs & best wishes coming your way ! :console2:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Izzie!! I hope you are in dreamland right now getting some much needed sleep before surgery. Chances are though, you are restless and cannot turn your brain off! You have been so busy getting ready....and here it is already. Wow, the time went by fast! I can't believe I and already 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I am actually walking around my apartment without the walker for short walks. There is always something near to hold onto, should I need it. It was getting more cumbersome to drag the walker around every time I needed to take the 6 steps to the kitchen or the 9 steps to the bedroom or bathroom!
I am thinking of you, sending love and hugs and prayers for your surgery tomorrow. And for your first couple of days after surgery. My surgery was scheduled for 12:30 and I told the doctor to be sure to eat lunch! No low blood sugar attacks during surgery. He just laughed and told me no one had EVER told him to eat. We got a chuckle. So go into it laughing, talk with your surgery crew. I thanked them all for taking good care of me. And I know your mom will be right there with you, holding your hand.

Love and hugs to you xxoo:friends:
 
Thinking of you today Izzie

Understand the nerves and the waiting making it worse - hope that your boys are being supportive
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom