4 week update:
Doing well, haven't had any big surprises. I get random strong pains from time to time, still have a lower level of pain while walking or getting up. I'm taking increasingly longer walks every other day and have mostly stopped using the cane while walking. Without the cane I can concentrate on slower, smaller steps with a proper gait and posture. With the cane I find myself going fast and not standing up straight. The cane still goes with me when leaving the house for navigating curbs and other obstacles like steps.
The skin is healed on the outside of the incision but something is still going on inside. For lack of a better term there are two lumps, one on each side of the incision. From what I've read in other recovery threads it's normal and should go away at some point.
Now that I'm on the other side of surgery the time sure is going by quicker.