THR BruceH After THR Recovery

Oh no! I’m so sorry. That must have been so scary.
I hope you’re icing. It should help with any swelling. I’ve read of many falls on the forum and while scary, the great majority don’t do any damage, aside from residual soreness.
If you dislocated, you’d be in extreme pain. Pain excruciating enough necessitating an ambulance ride to the ER from the accounts I’ve read. Get lots of rest, try not to worry and keep the ice going. Hopefully all is well in a few days.
@BruceH
 
:wave:@BruceH
I'm sorry you fell...not sure if I mentioned that is against the rules!:bignono:
I had a very scary fall on my side...and it does remind you that there's lots of sensitive soft tissue that doesnt like impact with hard stuff.
Certainly not attempting to downplay the worry, but get your ice on...baby that hip, and most likely no harm done to the implant.
Certainly call if you think you need to, but hopefully all is well...and a good reminder to stay mindful
 
So sorry to read this about your fall! I agree with the advice posted above, icing and rest will be your best friends.
Falls like that can happen so quickly, hopefully this one will be forgotten in a couple of days.
 
Well, that must have been scary. I am glad your OS office got right back to you. Some rest and ice should definitely help. I don't remember if you are still on any medications but maybe a dose of Tylenol might help also.
 
8 weeks today!

The fall last week turned out to be nothing more than me going to freak out level 5. All is good. No more falling @Mojo333 :)

We had a beautiful sunny day today. It was celebrated by taking the big dog for a 2 mile walk. I tried to take the little dog too but she wasn't behaving enough for someone with a recovering hip, lol. Energy drain is still a thing. No matter what I do it feels like it was twice as much.

Each day is still seeing improvements. I can now sleep on my side again, although I've become quite accustomed to sleeping on my back with the wedge pillow propping me up. I'm not sure I want to give up the big wedge, maybe I'll have to get an adjustable bed.

I was able to brew a batch of beer last week, it was the first time since before surgery. I got the ok to start chipping and work up from there but to stop if I felt any pain. I plan to hit the range or a practice area at the local course sometime this week and see where I'm at.

A return to normal is slowly taking shape.
 
Hey! Great update! I bet the nicer weather has you anxious to get on your golf game again.
I have a son who is a maniac about his golf..

I liked your thoughts on getting an adjustable bed, it would be so nice, yes?
Glad you are enjoying the improvements, just wait, it gets even better!
 
Great report. I bet your dog is loving the long walks again and you loving the home brew. Return to normal is such a wonderful thing and it will keep increasing.
 
So happy to read how well you are doing.:ok:
Certainly remember how tiring healing was....I think month four was my biggest turnaround in terms of stamina.
Hope today is a Good Day @BruceH :SUNsmile:
 
Wonderful update @BruceH Two miles with your dog! :wow:

Thrilled you are getting back to things you love. Golf, beer and your furry friends. :cheers:

I still have energy drain. Hits me like a ton of bricks. Impressive you can sleep on your side. Wedge has become permanent friend. Really helps with back sleeping. Hope you have a great week.
 
Hello Bruce! :wave:
I feel as though I’m aimlessly roaming the forum today for some reason. Feeling like a rolling stone, with no direction home, haha, remember that song? Dylan...todays ear worm, lol.

Missed your great update on Monday. Things are progressing nicely for you. It’s such a joy to be on the recovery side of this journey.
A great rest of the week to you!
@BruceH
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
It’s Friday the 13th...watch your step :skep: Just kidding, truly. :)
I hope you have a lovely weekend on tap in your neck of the woods.
Happy Friday!
@BruceH
 
Thanks for the good wishes. I'm still feeling a little of the big dog walk from Monday. Nothing too bad but just enough to remind me it was a little too much. It was also enough to postpone my golfing comeback till next week, lol.

Two months now, I really feel like I'm on the downhill side of things. I haven't finished the journey but it's getting easier all the time. Not sure if I mentioned it but I haven't carried the cane with me for awhile now. I don't even think about it.
 
:tada:Happy 2 months, @BruceH
Lots of improvement still to come!

This is the how much is too much part of the recovery game...or was for me.
Keep all activity incremental, baby yourself when necessary, and all will keep getting better and better.
 
So I have a question. The nerves common to the surgical site are coming back to life at a fast rate and generating pain. In addition to the surface pain I would expect I'm also experiencing deeper thigh pain.

I'm thinking the deeper pain isn't from odic but at least in part due to reconnecting nerves. Does this sound plausible?
 
IMO, its probably a mix of both, ODIC and nerves regenerating and maybe even nerves protesting to the new activities.
Even a small amount of edema can place a good bit of pressure on the nerves and surrounding soft tissue,
Thats why its important to slowly increase activities and temper that with rest, ice and more rest.
Then around 4 months or so, its like somebody waved a magic wand over your leg and things begin to soften, loosen up and feel pretty darn good!
It’s frustrating because some members bounce right back, theres no second guessing it, though.
You just need to ride the horse with your saddle on it.
I will say that I’ve been really stiff and achy the past two days and I’m way ahead of you in healing— wondering about the weather and such? Stress?
So many things to factor in.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom